Lindsay Lohan

High Marks

from Alcohol Ed

5/18/2010 8:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan is in compliance with her alcohol ed course -- this according to a letter sent by program officials to the judge in Lindsay's DUI probation case.

0518_lohan_launch

According to the letter from Right On Programs -- filed with the court and obtained by TMZ -- Lindsay "attends regularly and consistently."  And, program officials say, "Her attitude is positive and receptive to ideas regarding lifestyle changes."

The program wrote the letter, despite the fact that Lindsay has only attended 10 of the required 13 classes.  And the program makes no mention of the lifestyle choices Lindsay has made over the last few months that have been captured by countless cameras.

According to the letter, "She has never come [to class] under the influence, been rude or disrespectful."

The letter notes Lindsay "attends regularly and consistently communicates in a timely manner to reschedule if necessary."  The program concludes, "At this time, Lindsay is in program compliance."

According to supporting docs, Lindsay had a few weeks where she did not attend, but the program says the lapses were approved, once so she could go to a Haiti fundraiser in NYC and another time so she could go to Europe to promote her clothing line.

The program is not required to notify the judge unless Lindsay misses 21 consecutive days.  The judge, however, ordered Lindsay to attend class at least once every 7 days, but apparently that was not communicated to the program.

As TMZ first reported, at Thursday's hearing the judge will be told that Lindsay has -- as of now -- attended only 10 of the 13 classes and she did not attend all of them within the 7 day intervals.  Lindsay, however, has a good argument on the 7-day requirement if the program let her slide from time to time.  As for not completing the 13 classes -- it's all up to the judge.

Because Lindsay is not in full compliance, the judge has ordered her to attend Thursday's court session.

NoBreederRat

She's another accidental OD waiting to happen.

I'm not an attorney, but being in compliance with what a particular program requires of you and being in compliance with what a judge ordered you to do are 2 completely different things. I would take into account recent events which show her still struggling to stand up in public. Here's a designer defense: "Your Honor, it's just those darn fashionable high-heeled shoes I like to wear that leave me warbling around and down on the floor."

Sera

have to wonder who she paid off for that one. Obviously she is not following what she is supposed to be doing. I feel sorry for her in a way though. Hope she doesn't end up like the rest of them. A statistic.

Rob

TMZ, you guys are a bunch of snitches. Get off Lindsay's rear. Harvey you have man boobs. I liked this site until I noticed how much you are obsessed with blowing the whistle on Lindsay.

E.B. BLUNT

Hey, 10 out of 13 is a majority!! Let us all remember, if we were stars we could get away with that; 4 now little people still have to attend 13 out of 13. Wish we were all stars!! Let her fry, she is only marginal, as a person and an actor!!

buxxy

Contrats to John Travolta and Kelly Preston!!!!

Anyway, she is doing what she 'needs to do' but she'll be back drinking in no time...well she already is..what am I saying....just another process to get through. Nothing's changed.

msk

it doesn't matter if she attends all the classes or not. she will end up not having to serve any jail time. but if she was a regular person like me or you we would still be sitting in jail.

please

Pulease, save it

ST3fANi3

NEW HOT TIP !!!!!! ALERT NEW ARTIST UZi_DRE IS SUEING LIL JOHN FOR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF BEAT. !!!!!!!

really?

YAWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kaitlyn

celebrity justice at its finest. I agree that SOMETHING occurred to suddenly "change" this programs tone regarding lindsay. I truly believe that if anything was to happen to this girl, lindsay, then all these people covering for her should be held responsible. If she isn't going to be held accountable for BALATELY disregarding authority then the only thing left is for an obituary.....I'm so over celebrities being above the law.

Tom Jones

And so we see that TMZ has been trying to make news but all it is: Everything is what it should be. Leave that poor woman alone!

Cilla

Lindsey deserves to go to jail for not completing the classes in the manner she needed to do them,she has violated probation time after time by going out and partying to the point of not even being able to walk without falling on her a$$,and she seems to think she is better than everyone else so she deserves special treatment. I hope this Judge throws the book at Lindsey......it might knock her off her little pedestal that Linsey has put herself on. It is time someone stepped in and informed this little brat that the rules actually do apply to her and then show her what happens when the rules are broken.
Having said all of that I highly doubt Lindsey will do ANY jail time because it seems like when it comes to the majority of famous people who get in trouble they never pay the price. Some Judge just looks the other way. IT is WRONG and since Lindsey has had SO MANY CHANCES it is about time that a Judge makes good on his/her promise and sticks her in jail.
All of us non famous people would have been in jail long ago had we been the one(s) doing the same things Lindsey has been going around doing all these years.
I hope her pathetic butt is put in jail so she can cool her heel but I won't hold my breath!

Music33

Im so tired of hearing about this washed up actress. I bet there's alot of people out there that dont really care what happens to her. I know I dont. Just put her and jail, Tmz needs to move on to something more important.

becky

Wow... this is sad. I wonder how much money she paid them to state that. It is very clear when night after night she is falling down drunk, slapping people and who knows what else is in her system that she did not meet their requirements. If she did... they need shut down. Her Judge needs to force to seek top professional treatment before she kills herself or someone else.

Sassy

People say leave her alone (know this, she lives for the paps and once said something to the effect of if they aren't writing about you it means you're irrelevant) but I bet the moment she overdoses or something else horrible, the same crowd will ask why no one stepped in to help her by forcing her into rehab (or keeping her away from influencing Ali, or bonk her mom on the head for being blind, etc.). True it is her life and she can do what she damn well pleases, but since she flaunts it the public will always talk.