Bret Michaels -- I'm Having Trouble Moving My Legs

5/19/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels just told Oprah Winfrey that he's still having trouble moving his lower extremities after his massive brain hemorrhage last month, but the rocker's mind -- especially his wit -- appear to be working just fine.

Bret Michaels
In his first televised interview since he was rushed to the emergency room -- with the odds of survival overwhelmingly stacked against him -- Bret told O that he's doing twice the rehab in order to expedite his recovery ... but he still suffers from headaches.

Michaels also cried a little bit during the show -- after Oprah ran an interview with Bret's 9-year-old daughter, in which she expressed how sad she was at the thought of life without her dad.  It's pretty emotional stuff.

The good news -- Bret seems like he's right on pace to go back on tour with his band May 28.

courtney

AWESOME!!! I made a bet that it was either going to be holly ,summer,or brett that was going to win apprentice in the third week..so glad he pulled though.people always underestimate creative people,musicians that they are not intelligent when in fact ,most of the time ,its the other way around.GO BRETT.Glad YOUR STILL HERE.You are a decent human being..we are all rooting for you..

leisa

A lot of our famous musicans wear or wore wigs, hair pieces, and now plugs. Talented people get old too. From Beethoven, Frank Sintra, Gene Simmons, to woman who wear wigs and pieces. So many people wear hair extensions I cannot even know where to start. Its show business.

And to those nay sayers about the truth of his story, look at the MRI/CScan pics. There is certainly a bleed from his brain. Look at the neck base area.

The brain is a strange thing. Many times the medical profession cannot tell exactely what is wrong until the autopsy.

Oprah had him on, I doubt if this was not story she would not have had him on. If you only watched Bret on those ROCK OF LOVE shows you get the show business side of him. If you see him on talk shows and on The Apprentice, than you would know that he is a very hard working guy. He got along with most of the cast, he basically won most of the jobs his team was working on. Even if he was not manager.

Trust me, he might have save a few lives because he knew something was wrong and need not try to go back to sleep or to take something like aspirin that could have made the bleeding worst. Before you put someone down for sharing a story, think what you can learn fromit or if you can't turn the channel and watch cartoons.

Jim

Bald, Fat, or not attractive, in the whole scheme of things none of it matters. A nice person is a nice person. Bret's a nice person and a class act. That's obvious. Hoping for a full recovery!

krissy

FIRST for post (secret4wow) #11: You sound like a complete moron with your ignorant comment-Do your research and look at the percentage of people who cross the line from using pain medications/developing a dependence to addiction...very, very small percentage. Try in the future not to make your post all based on ignorant blah blah blah...you just sound dumb and uneducated--AND for #13 (amber) He got a headache and used 'word manipulation'? HUH?! You can't be serious! I'm going to try and not use 'word manipulation' when i make the next comment; I mean it's just the truth: you, amber are a complete ****....see how that works-pretty easy, huh?! You two can fight for the biggest douche award later....best wishes to bret and his family!

rip mj

49. rip mj...or should I just refer to you as TYPE ONE...
Listen, dude, ya can't use type one as an excuse for everything...we all have our problems...deal with it... I'm talkin' about this undeserved interest in a hack musician just because he had a headache...no one cares...his music isn't worth listening to and he obviously doesn't care about his family, only the skanks that wait for him outside his dressing room on his fake little "rock" tour... type one can't explain that....can it?

Posted at 12:33 PM on May 19, 2010 by flip[wilson

first of all, i'm not a 'dude'...secondly, i don't like the guy's music at all, not at all, but i relate to him because i know what it's like to try and manage this disease. and I couldn't in a million years talk badly about someone, on a personal level, whom I never have met. But, you seem to get off on this. i don't believe Brett has used it as an 'excuse' for anything. it is what it is, it's a horrible disease. The fact that he goes on with his life and remains 'healthy' without many complications is an inspiration to me from a diabetic standpoint.

and, clearly you care because you're here commenting. many people care and many people who would love to be CURED from this f@ckin' disease are encouraged and glad he's supporting ADA and working with the American Diabetes Association and Foundation.

enough said. you don't have a clue. don't have a clue as to what this is all about.

move on!

to make fun of someone who just had a brain injury too, well...that's about you! sad really!

Shelby

To all of you who think he is faking or milking this: I hope you all get cancer and die very slow, horrible and painful deaths. You obviously have no compassion and are wasting space here on this earth.

B

Relax, recuperate and don't push yourself. There is no way that any doctor would recommend that Bret go back on tour next week. That's just plain crazy!!! He needs to spend time with his daughters, appreciate life and maybe take this summer off to get back to tour readiness. His fans will still be there when he's fully recuperated and back on the road later on. Its too soon to start that ride all over again!!

flip[wilson

if he was a true family man he wouldn't be going out on tour, and if he had any talent, there'd be an audience when he got there. People who milk their ills amke me ill... true heroes don't seek publicity...that's what makes them heroes. Next...

rip mj

59. Listen, Dudette. Your holier than though crusade doesn't rattle me... you're another idolater...looking for answers from some middle-aged, fake rocker who's milking his illness for publicity...

Posted at 1:32 PM on May 19, 2010 by flip[wilson

last comment to you, hum...couldn't care less if I rattle you or not, you mean nothing to me. unlike you, i have no intention, none, zilch, nada, or interest in RATTLING anyone..what an odd and weird statement for someone (YOU) to make. Are you just looking for a fight and attention on here, how weird!

An idol, idol...NOPE...again, sorry, I don't have or use any celebrity as a frickin' idol, sorry. I'm a grown up!

Lastly, who the hell said he was a hero. YOU'RE implying that, not I. A hero...please! I don't find celebrities idols, heroes or anything else, they're just human beings.

If he's gonna fight a cause, good for him. I couldn't care how the heck he does it, see...I'm selfish, it's about ME (not some celebrity), if he can raise money to help find a cure for Diabetes, good for him...more power to him. Couldn't care less about the rest. All about me, dude!

Ciao...done with this conversation! Good day, mate!

rip mj

Posted at 1:32 PM on May 19, 2010 by flip[wilson

ooppsss...last one...couldn't give a **** if he's a frickin family man, couldn't care less if he's a washed up rock star (never liked his music anyway), couldn't care less if he 'goes on tour' or what the hell he does with his life. it's his business, i don't know the guy...never met him, don't really care to.

i hope he gets well, that's it!

live, love and learn...~

Cheryl A.

Be well, Bret. We love you!

Linda O

What a lovely, articulate young lady Bret has for a daughter. Please take it slow Bret. Don't be in such a hurry to get back out there on a stage....it will still be there. Your health is number one right now. Continue to heal. God Bless!

InZane4all

Dude, from someone that HAS been through the same thing Bret has (had my SAH in 2008) it is very primature to be wanting to get back on stage so quick. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks and when I got out, I was so freaking weak. On top of that, I had trouble finding words to use in a sentence, which is normal. But yeah dude, take more time off. You only feel like this because your body is still weak. You'll be up and headbanging once you've fully recovered.

bennettmufson

Great news,maybe all of our prayers helped this brave charitable nice guy.
Hope he takes time off his rocker lifestyle and hires all the best experts in nutrition to keep him healthy.
Hope Mr Trump hires him full time and starts a music business with
him.
Some more songs for T.M.Z. glee Beach Boys (Do you wanna dance)
Gary Numan (Cars) would be fun to see the staff break-dancing to that song.
Your staff is great one girl with the blue and white shirt would be
great (in my opinion) if she played Chelsea H. younger sis. in a movie or a series. Think the view would love the girl behind the desk.
Wouldn`t Boy-George be a great replacement for Simon on A.Idol ?

Oz

Bret does not look well enough to go back on tour..Wishing for the best..BTW if Beyonce can get away with wearing fake blonde hair for decades why not Bret.