Howard K. Stern Allegedly Threatens 'Witness'

5/19/2010 6:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Howard K. Stern has been accused of threatening a man whom South Carolina police call a "witness" in the Anna Nicole Smith drug trial ... this according to a police report obtained by TMZ.

0519_mark_hatten_launch_2

According to the report, Mark Hatten -- Anna's ex-boyfriend -- told the Greeleyville Police Department he received a "threatening" message from Stern on May 3 via MySpace.

In the report, it says Hatten opened up Stern's alleged MySpace message on one of the officer's laptops, which read: "You are in over your head. You are being watched. Keep a look out before everything comes crashing down, do you understand me?"

We cannot confirm if Hatten will be a witness in the Anna Nicole-related case involving Stern, but Greeleyville cops are calling the investigation, "Intimidation of a witness/harrassment via Internet."

Stern scoffs at Hatten's allegation, telling TMZ, "Don't you have to have a MySpace account in order to leave a message?  I've wouldn't even know how to leave a message on MySpace."

0519_myspace_message

We're told the GPD is still investigating -- but it's a tiny department in a 400 person town, so ....

If true, Stern could be charged with tampering with a witness.

Linus

A grandiose statement like this, implying a lofty significance to a person that does not exist in reality is characteristic of the Hattens as well as the O’Q/VA trolls from 2007 onward. It is certainly nothing that a principal of the ANS saga would say about or to a person of no importance in this story. It is similar to VA/McCabe claiming that others conspired to interfere with legal rights that VA never had. Time will tell.

Posted at 7:25 AM on May 22, 2010 by Only swim in the Ocean

Your "time will tell" finale is right up there with a poster on Topix who likes to throw out the comment "wait and see." I liken them both to a floatation device with slow and steady leak.

Patty

99. A letter from M Hatten in prison in part read"Keep running your mouth Howard,we are always WATCHING and LISTENING ,Now guess what the my space letter said"You are in over your head,YOU ARE BEING WATCHED.Keep a lookout before everything comes crashing down,do you understand?M Hatten has a fixation on the word watching,so who is my pick for using Howard name in My Space

Posted at 2:49 PM on May 22, 2010 by BEVERLY

Beverly,

Not to kill your Sherlock Holmes dream, but there is no "code" in the word "watching". It is very common for someone involved in a case to state someone is "watching" the others for their criminal behavior. With Mark stating Howard is being "watched" it means he's just waiting for Stern to screw up, which he did.

Karma is a bitch. It will come back and get you. Mark Hatten served his time. He's off living in some other state. After Anna passed, Howard testified that she was his sole financial support prior to her passing, then testified his parents were his sole support after. How proud his parents must have been, eh? Isn't that every middle-class parent's dream? To send their son to law school, and have ONE client. His entire life revolves around that ONE client's support of him financially. Even after Anna passed, he never represented another person. You think MAYBE it has something to do with him personally? Hmmm? He didn't try to get another job, didn't even get his buddy Ron Rale to see if there was work for him. Nope, went to his parents.

Because of California's "3 Strike Rule", I would naturally assume that Howard would try to threaten Mark by saying, "You are being watched." Why not try to make Mark afraid that anything he does might throw him back in jail?

After all, after killing Anna and Daniel, does a threat from MySpace really sound like that big of a stretch? Had all this happened (Anna and Daniel) in the United States, Howard might have a different kind of cell number, if you know what I mean. I'm looking forward to that day!

sky

Like so much of this twisted tale this latest underwear caper is just insane. If Larry or HKS really cared about Anna in Death they wouldn't put her unmentionables on the auction block in the first place, it is clearly another attempt by Club Ho-ward to make Anna out to be a bad girl. Shame shame shame on them for being such lowdown homo- sapiens, am sorry i breathe the same air as them. poor Dannylynn, one day she'll learn about this latest outrage on her mom who was a saint.

Double Standards

Awwww...DS...unlike others, I use my real name, those who know me know it's the truth, and it happened over the phone. That's as far as I will go. Because it was against someone I loved and unlike Stern, I PROTECT those around me.

If YOU are so interested in the truth, USE YOUR REAL NAME. I've never used a name other than this. So speaking of "double standards", interesting that you demand info. Haha, you are a joke.

Posted at 12:47 PM on May 22, 2010 by Patty

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/19/howard-k-stern-allegedly-threatens-anna-nicole-smith-witness/7/#comments#ixzz0oiHkpXf3

Oh ok i knew it was a lie! Thanks for confirming that for me! If you want to pretend go right ahead. LOL. First it was a threat aginst you and now it is against someone you love. LMAO. Make up your mind. Whats the matter? having a hard time keeping all your lies straight? Ha ha

What does my real name have to do with the truth? I am not the one saying i was threatned and why would my real name matter? LOL I am not the one on here making up lies. I am not demanding anything you were the one on here telling lies and i just asked for proof. Get it?

lady_goodman

Mark "Hollywood" and Whacky Jackie Hatten are just out to get any sort of name for themselves. Mark was Anna's STALKER, you don't go to jail for 7 years for stalking someone if it's not serious. He shouldn't even be a witness, every word that comes out of his and his sister's mouth is a lie. She was the first one to try to say Howard was involved in Anna's death. It happened right around the time Mark was getting out of jail (which to this day, I still think played at least a small role in Anna wanting to move). And how much better it would look for Mark's reality TV show, book, music career, etc. that it looked like he was trying to save her from the clutches of Stern instead of the reality that he STALKED her. Jackie claimed to be Anna's best friend when she died, even though they hadn't spoken in years. Both are bigger fame whores than the Pratts. Only they're not nearly interesting enough, so they just continue to use and abuse both Anna and Daniel's names. They're both depraved, disgusting, and not a word they say can be trusted. Someone should expose them for who they really are. TMZ, report on these s***bags in their true light. Find the interview with Larry King where Anna calls Hatten her stalker and air it. I am sick of seeing their twisted little Myspace, Youtube profiles and webpages and people buying it. They need to be publicly humiliated and denounced as the liars they are. I hope they rott.

BEVERLY

PATSY---I am sure you know everything,but if you did,you would know,Howard does not need to threathen anyone ,must less a person who is 'OFF THE DEEP END"I did not say there was a code in the word watching.But there is a distinct correlation in thinking.and to encourage such behavier.is like telling a person to jump,from a high building.This man needs a LOT of mental Health,because HE is after REVENGE

jmo

"Patty" and "Little Lou-Lou"

Poor Mark, ended up in prison seven years ago, but this time he will end up in MENTAL HOSPITAL.

People (mostly Virgie Arthur's fans) who support Mark's DERANGED behavior need URGENT psychiatric help as well.

BTW, Howard was ANS rep and business partner. They had a contract, worked together in show business. Hollywood agents and reps don't work for free, people get paid for their work. Nobody works for free; dentists, architects...NOBODY. Howard moved on with his life after ANS death. He has many longtime friends and doesn't even live in LA area.

Unfortunately, other people in ANS life didn't move on. They still live in their little fantasy world, obsessed with dead stripper/gold-digger.

Patty

Yeah, your "name" does mean something. All of Howard's cronies use different names to blog things against anyone who might even remotely might be NOT on "his side". Remember? The MOB? The joke that was? The liars who would blog under a different name then email all the rest to "answer" and they would even "answer" their own blog. Crazy ass idiots. Heads so far up Howard and Bonnie's ass they couldn't type right cause none of them could spell worth a damn. The fact that I use my real name means that even the person that made the threat (Yep, I know YOU read TMZ you bastard) will know I don't just slink back, and I don't forget. The proof that I needed was the other person in the car hearing it AND the fact that the police already have proof that there was a call made from HIS phone to MINE - yes records were requested from the phone company and received. So I have a witness and I have the record. It's not meant to be on TMZ. But by using my real name, I'm not "hiding". I'll say what I mean and say it as ME, not by a moniker I hide behind so no one can tell who I really am. If the court ever subpoenaed TMZ, it would be my name, my same email address, I never change it. I don't hide.

Lady Goodman, just to get the facts straight, Mark Hatten was acquitted of stalking. That was not why he went to jail. Just a fact. You seem a bit intimidated by people who speak out and say they think Stern is a murderer. No one is afraid of Stern and to point the finger and accuse him of murder, unless you are one of his little "group" (and I do mean little). For some reason, everyone is using Mark and Jackie Hatten as "the ones" who are accusing Howard, but there are thousands, if not millions who agree. It's just not two people accusing him, get that straight. I sent a certified do***ent to the Bahamas with well over 1,000 signatures to bring Stern to trial, and that's just me in my little part of the world. So hate on the Hattens if you'd like, but they are not alone in knowing who murdered Anna and Daniel.

Beverly, I was just making a point. And you weren't. Enough said.

jmo - (haha, another hider) Howard was paid for his legal fees. But since you are a Howie sucker, did you listen to his testimony? I didn't say he was saying Anna just paid for his legal services. He also said she paid for EVERYTHING. One HUNDRED percent supporting him, from his legal fees (ha) to his haircuts and even having to buy him shoes. Wow, I don't have to buy my lawyer that, thank goodness. I do pay him for his legal services, however, I don't SUPPORT him. And did you listen to the rest of Stern's testimony, straight from his mouth, that now his own parents are SUPPORTING him. Please name ONE other client he has had. PLEASE. His parents are elderly and living on a pension and social security......and they have to support their adult son AFTER he graduated from law school? Really? Go Howard! hahahaha.....

Oh, and just a thought. I love all of the people so worried about little Dannielynn. Coming on and calling her mother names like gold-digger, whore, drug addict, etc. Keep in mind that she WILL have access to all these kinds of blogs and articles (and as smart as she is, and with computers in school, it might be in the next few years), I think it would be best to keep the comments about ANS's character AND Larry Birkhead to a minimum. Don't you think she will have to go through enough learning the cir***stances behind her mom's death? Poor little one. She's smart, happy, and living a good life. Nice way to blow that for her.

chalkoutline

So he's living in the Bahamas, where he PROMISED he wouldn't leave them there alone? No? I didn't think so. He finagled
corupt officials and Anna, who he was keeping loaded to the gills, into burial down there. The better to hide his handiwork.

Double Standards

114. Uhhh, Double Standards....a threat against someone I love IS a threat against me. Like I said, I protect those I love and since the threat was made and I am the one it was made to - on the phone - then it was made to ME. WTF are you retarded?

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/19/howard-k-stern-allegedly-threatens-anna-nicole-smith-witness/8/#comments#ixzz0omLQE2i6

Ahhhhhhhhhh NO i am not retarded BUT i can tell you are a useless person with no brains. Any grown person that has to use the word retarted kind of says it all!

As for the rest of your post NOPE i don't remember the "Mob" maybe that is because i have followed the case and expressed my opinions but i didn't get wrapped up in all the garabge going on between bloggers. So i guess you are wrong again. Oh as far as having my head up anyone's azz is just plain silly. I am able to think for myself and express what i want to say with out any help from anyone. I don't belong to any little group and i didn't involve myself in the wars. Unlike you and unlike you i don't need the attention. Try growing up and standing on your own 2 feet instead of following all the garbage and plunking your ass sqaure in the middle of it all with the gang of crazy azz bloggers! You wanted the attention and everything that goes along with it. Sorry but i don't believe 1 word you say.

You are on here talking about people not spelling properly and YET you use a word like retatred? I think you should worry more about how dumb people who have no cleass sound when they use such words and quit worrying about a typo. At least a typo is a mistake. YOU using that word just shows how uneduated you are!

As for bloggers that you say use a differnt name to blog. Big deal just because you use your own name dosen't make your posts any more true than a blogger that uses a nic. So i guess if the cops have all the info on someone that made threats to you that they have been charged..RIGHT? Um wonder why nobody ever heard about this one. LOL

BEVERLY

Patty.Maybe you and your family are lucky enough not to be one of the millions of people that have gone back to there parents,because they either lost there job or for some other reason,that is nothing to be ashamed of.I also am a Howie believer,and please do not try to play 'know it all"it is not working.

jmo

Chalkoutline,
HKS lives in US, but not in LA ( with parents).

Patty

Hahahaha, really hard to have a battle of wits with unarmed people. Hilarious.

And "Double Standards"?......it's "retarded" not retarted or retatred......I know it's not a nice word, but at least "I" can spell it LOL.

You are so STUCK on that threat...I did go to the police and I was given a choice of things I could do, AND with the police I made that decision that would be best for MY life and the people I love. Not everything is posted in the papers or is on TMZ (Sorry Harvey & gang LOL). Next time I'll be sure to run it by you Double Standards since you seem to think there is a cookie cutter way of dealing with such things. HAHAHAHA.

sky

Double standards does a really great job of telling you off without really losing her balance , i'm impressed and plan to use that technique asap.

slap me if you love me.

i hope Swimthing isn't swimming around that awful BP spill jk

Patty

Does Virgie Arthur have "fans"? Really? What did she do? This is hilarious. I love these people who base their arguments on things that aren't real. The funny way I got caught up in this is blogging about something with my OWN theory on what happened in the Bahamas and on the Indian Reservation and THEN got contacted by news, TV, etc. Everyone thought I had "inside" info. So I can't be SO FAR off.....not that much, or there wouldn't have been the interest there was. So officials must think somewhere....somehow....along the same lines I do. Which is that I think Howard murdered Daniel and that was done in the Bahamas where he not only has connections, it's so corrupt - they still allow SLAVERY, it's LEGAL. Anna's death was intentional, but wasn't meant to be in FL...even in the "best laid plans" mistakes and surprises occur. Unfortunately for Anna, her death was bad timing in the wrong place. This will be Stern's downfall. The U.S. can (and are) keeping their eyes on this case and have info never released yet. Not a shut-case by any means. Anna and Daniel, there are many people who will make sure your deaths were not in vain.