Lee DeWyze -- The Odds Are in His Favor

5/20/2010 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The smart money is on Lee DeWyze to win "American Idol" -- in fact, dude has become the odds on favorite to win the show ... this according to one of the biggest gambling sites in the world.

The gambling experts at BoDog.com have decided that Lee's odds to win the show are 1/2 -- while Crystal Bowersox is at 3/2.

Translation -- a $2 bet would pay back $3 on Lee (the favorite) and $5 on Crystal (the underdog).

But the odds don't always predict the winner -- last year, Adam Lambert was the odds on favorite to win ... and we all know how that worked out.

Kaybird

I love me some Lee! Go Lee, Go!

Trish

They are both really good! Tough decision. They both will make a fortune.

Julianne

i don't really care who wins cuz the winner usually fades away anyways. But if I had to choose, I choose Crystal to come in 2nd cuz usually the runner up has better success. :)

ITUS

AMERICAN IDOL IS FAKE AND RIGGED!

Carl

Crystal is the better artist. If Lee wins then we get 3 years in a row of generic rocker guy winning the contest.

Rambo

Can she at lease win some new teeth? WTF??

Susie-Q

I think she might be the better singer but america votes for whom they just like on a personal level. He is so down to earth it is ridiculous so real unpretentiour. People just love the ordinary guy! for these reasons I think he will also win. I like them both.

Phreaky

I haven't watched the show this year at all. I heard so much about Crystal and saw her picture everywhere, so I looked up their performances on youtube - her and Lee both. I have to say, Lee was better. It didn't help the way they butcher the songs to make them shorter (Quit showing so much useless fluff like standing outside her school to read a text message - then she would have time to sing the whole song!)
So talent wise, Lee is a better singer, but it will be ok for Crystal too, 2nd place usually gets a recording contract too.

nisiek

Gambling sites or your guts...they probably predicted the Cleveland would be in the final playoffs too...I like Crystal and her earthy Janis Joplin vibe...she will win cause it is time now for the ladies to take back the crown. I like Lee too...this year is a tough one!! Either one will have a great career ahead of them.

femonanon

Too fugly?!? Uh, Kanye West is the ugliest thing around and he did alright.

KenB

They obviously don't check dial idol where crystal is winning big.

REALbarbwire7

We all DO KNOW how last year turned out......with the runner up becoming most famous, and with both Adam and Chris being successful. This year, I cannot believe anything other than ALL THREE of the top three's lives are forever changed, and they will all be very successful. Didn't matter that Casey went home. Doesn't matter who wins it. They are all very talented; amazing, actually, and none is better than the other...just different. Good for you, all of you. You did an amazing job. As far as I'm concerned, the contest has been won. Casey, Lee and Crystal.....all American Idols!

AnonyMouse

Crystal has diabetes, which apparently affects the teeth. Not her fault.

I'm voting for Lee because I just don't go for Crystal's screeching (though some people like it, I guess).

kerrybabyxx

I like Lee better,but the winner isn't always the most popular,look at chris allen and adam lambert.You hardly hear about chris,while adam's career is booming.....

Jdawg

Crystal looks like she has been on Meth for a year or two.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments