Lee DeWyze -- The Odds Are in His Favor

5/20/2010 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The smart money is on Lee DeWyze to win "American Idol" -- in fact, dude has become the odds on favorite to win the show ... this according to one of the biggest gambling sites in the world.

The gambling experts at BoDog.com have decided that Lee's odds to win the show are 1/2 -- while Crystal Bowersox is at 3/2.

Translation -- a $2 bet would pay back $3 on Lee (the favorite) and $5 on Crystal (the underdog).

But the odds don't always predict the winner -- last year, Adam Lambert was the odds on favorite to win ... and we all know how that worked out.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

jennie

I think Crystal is good to listen to but not a great performer. Her "too cool for idol" attitude is getting old.

mlduke80

Why did they have someone on last night that Perez Hilton said was good. OMG I think I just puked.

David

TMZ should not gamble -- 1:2 odds means a $2 bet would pay $1

SCHOOLTEACH

I HOPE THAT THE VERY TALENTED LEE WINS. HE IS SO GRATEFUL AND HAS SO MUCH HUMILITY. I HAVE WATCHED HIS GROWTH ON THIS SHOW AND I HAVE BECOME A FAN.

On the other hand, Crystal looks like a mess. She's neither a role model or someone to emulate.

CAT

Lee fans must be tone deaf

CAT

#65 LiLa

yea, of course it sounds good.............after they fixed all the pitch problems he has.

sngore

I haven't seen a whole episode all season, but I can see why the odds are favoring DeWyze. Bowersox hasn't looked as good as she did in the beginning over the past couple weeks, like singing "I'm Alright" by Kenny Loggins. DeWyze has seemingly improved.

Maria

I hate to break it to all you Lee fans but this is a set up.Go read Blake Lewis,the biggest idol set up ever.Then go read Casey's interview where he talks about how his arrangement was changed at the last minute.Ask yourselves:Why did Simon not only pick this song for him he also had control over the arrangement and the choir.Why was it at the end for the fullest impact.This is a set up to get Lee to win and now that is a fact.Of course now this story is getting out to the public so maybe AI will now let this be a fair contest and not pick a horrible song for Crystal.If the song choice for Crystal is a slow one and the one for Lee is as obvious as Hallelujah than AI will have the fix in.You may think I am full of BS,but at least do some research and find out.

Cecilia

Chrystal is obviously the best, but if it's true that she would have to change her own unique style of singing to accomodate AI's contract then it's probably better if she comes in second.

Most men (like Simon) are more visual when it comes to performance and looks, which explains why Simon felt he needed to push Lee to the front with his opinions, which a lot of people will listen to.

Crystal's going to make it no matter what.

nancy

I think lee is a better singer she always sounds the same to me and i am tired of her. never did like joplin or that type of sound .Very boreing. lee i will buy his cd. good luck lee

Ali03

....i'm still upset casey james didn't win....i like Crystal more so i hope she loses cause the runner up generally has a better career.

girl unimpressed

Lee seems like a nice boy and all but all he does is shout in the same monotone. it's like he has that voice modulation disorder, lol.

Ren

Siobhan Magnus should have won.
Not much else to say, except
she has the best voice
is the most entertaining.
The show is boring as can be without her.

Edward

Another video of Crystal singing at age 13.
Desperado.

max

LEE is the winner and has proven to be such. He is an original. Crystal is a wanna be. What's with the hair too?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5