Lindsay

Won't Be Arrested,

Bail Posted

5/20/2010 8:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Lindsay Lohan will not be arrested, because she has already posted bail and the arrest warrant has been recalled.

Earlier today the judge set the bail at $100,000.  We're told Lindsay's people promptly plunked down $10,000 (the standard 10%) to secure the bond and the judge then recalled the warrant -- meaning Lindsay will not be arrested when she returns to the U.S.

We're told Lindsay and her lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, will be in court on Monday at 8:30 AM.  The judge will then set a date for a probation violation hearing.

Judge Marsha Revel said this morning there was probable cause to believe Lindsay has violated the terms of her probation.

Trig

Is the point of her movie to protray Linda Lovelace as a tragic character? If so, they should just do the Lindsay Lohan Story instead

Jack

Wow, the way you guys have been reporting this (She's Going Immediately To The Slammer!) for over two weeks, this just goes to show you guys either have no idea how the legal process really works or you've just been stoking the fire for increased web traffic.. Probably a little of both... Yes, it doesn't mean she won't get some jail time but her attorney apparently thinks she won't...

del

The 10% down is the FEE charged by the bail bondsman. She doesn't get that back. So she just paid a chunk of money to postpone this court hearing.

And the judge doesn't "recall" a warrant on a bail bond, else there'd be no need for the bond. The warrant is canceled by the court cashier and the defendant is out of custody on bond.

Karen Ann

Awww, Darn!!!! I really wanted to see her go to jail!

But I knew she wouldn't go - again!

Heather

Seriously, so where did she get the money? I thought she was broke? The whole thing is such a joke. She is a joke. Does she really think no one can get what she is doing? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. First they tried to blame the "ash clod" then they blamed it on "a lost passport"

Meazy

ALRIGHT LINDSAY! "Lohan posts up, Shoots the 3...SWOOSH, YES!" Suck on that California. LET THE BLOW FLOW LIKE THE SWALLOW OF CAPISTRANO! I don't know why, but I wanna see her free, in fact, I wanna see her break MORE laws and still be free. YOU CAN'T CATCH THE LOHAN, YOU CAN ONLY HOPE TO CONTAIN THE LOHAN BABY!

del

17. any other person could never post bail until they were arrested. What a joke.
Posted at 4:36 PM on May 20, 2010 by JT

That's incorrect. You can post bail on a warrant unless it's a no-bail warrant, such as a DOC hold or an immigration hold, or several types of felony holds.

Russian

I honestly like Lindsay Lohan, i don't know why but I do. I mean first she gets screwed up by her parents and becomes their meal ticket. Then she gets stalked by paparazzi and has her whole life taped in front of her.

I am not the best or worst person in the world but I have had my bad times. Sometimes you just realize that no matter what you do, you are gonna be f**ked so you just say "Screw you" to everyone and continue in your ways. I don't think that her drinking and other problems are as bad as everyone makes them out to be. When I turned 21 I basically partied everyday and couple of years later managed to finish college with a 4.0. It's just a phaze but for some people it takes longer to recover.

I think she is an awesome actress and what this lifestyle is doing to her is going to hurt her in getting roles. If she wants to change she would stop bailing on court and do what people are telling her to do: Go to rehab and stop partying. However, that means kissing ass and living for society.

As for you TMZ, it is a shame that you have become a personal Twitter, Facebook and MySpace alerts for Lindsay Lohan. You did the same for Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and Michael Jackson. Ley off Harvey, I know it must be hard being turned down by LILO but you need to get over it, you are have been looking pathetic for months! Isn't there other celebrities you can stalk?!?

disgusted

If she doesnt recieve some equal justice that everybody else gets who is not a famouse brat...then I think we will be closer to seeing people really revolting against this elitist preferential justice...its time to extend celebrity to the mainstream of equality...people are suffering now more than ever and tolerence for this SH@#T is getting short. Its time. Fair and same for all.

bring back recent posts

ohhhh ok...8:3- am should work..= leave club at 3am..hit friends afterparty..freshen up at home by 6am..hit court..and back in bed by 10am..peeerfect!

Michael Knight

I thought part of bail and the judge's orders was the SCRAM device. So does that mean she can party all weekend, while out on bail, and then get the SCRAM device on Mon. when she supposedly shows up for court? The judicial system in CA is such a joke.

nisiek

correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't it work were you go to jail, get your bail, post your bail and get released. Since when do you get to post bail before going to jail....noone I know has ever had this treatment. Also, whoever said she couldn't be that bad because she was watching over Ali, her 45 year old looking "little" sister, her father was desperately trying to get Ali away from her trashy nasty drug addicted older sister...with no luck, and the despondent addict/alcholic enabling and mooching mother could care less...she just wants the money train to keep rolling...everyone in this family is truly disgusting...and I am so freaking mad at the "justice" system I could scream....so all the people who are in jail waiting for bail to come through see this I hope there is a nationwide riot in the jails over this....

Katie

Wow that really sucks. I was looking forward to seeing her sorry ass going to jail. Boo!

Ed

When is our Judicial System going to treat all Citizens equally? "Those that have the Gold, make the rules" is not found in either "our" Constitution or Bill of Rights! Liberty & Justice for all! She should be put away just like any other law breaker. Note: She has no class!

Mary Ann

Are you people really surprised????
She's "broke" makes bail and is free to party tonight!
California Justice at it's best!!
No wonder people laugh at this state. Want to commit murder, hold up a bank. rape someone, sneak in illegally,drive while drunk and kill? COME TO CALIFORNIA!!!!!