Donald Trump to Bret Michaels -- You're Hired!

5/24/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels just got "hired" by Donald Trump -- meaning the brain hemorrhage survivor just won this season of "Celebrity Apprentice" ... and raised a ton of money for diabetes research in the process.

Donald Trump
Holly Robinson Peete -- famous for her role in "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper" -- came in second.

Michaels -- who suffered a warning stroke last week after his brain hemorrhage -- will be donating his $250,000 winnings to the American Diabetes Association.

He's scheduled to rock out on stage this Friday ... for the first time since his brain hemorrhage last month.

CanCan

yah for bret!!!! i'm so glad he won and not that witchy holly. she has the personality of a gnat.

justsaying

It's no wonder the Donald has had to file bankrupt so many times. He makes piss poor decisions. He hired Brett only because of his sickness, as he was NOT the better choice. I like Brett, but come on, Holly beat him all over the place.

Mac

Bret only won because he played the sympathy card and Donald is a fool. Holly was a much better player. I'm glad that at least Holly's charity won the money as well.

Yea, Bret is so sick he's on the Today show today and then off to do the Leno show. Sure, he has his priorities straight.

Love how the picture of him laying in the hospital bed shows him with his bandanna on. That picture could not have been more staged.
I have more respect for the guy if he'd just be real and get rid of the fake hair.

Lovejac23

Love you Bret! Congrats and take care! :)

Detroit

I totally disagree with the decision....this was based on symphony and not on the work done...don't get me wrong I wish Bret all the best and pray for a speedy recovery but if he had not had all the issue's he wouldn't have won and Holly was the best by far...even the representatives for Snapple said they would love to have Holly on their board of directors. No matter what you may think of Holly,you have to agree that this woman is about her business and if I owned a major company I would have to have Holly on the board as oppose to Bret. Congrats to both for doing an outstanding job but we all know who truly won.....

JRKgirlforlife

YAY!! finally some positive news about Brett after all his recent health problems. Congrats Brett!

Christine

If Bret wasn't chosen as the winner, it would have been one of the biggest disappointments in television history. Holly did well, but like Ivanka said, Bret was there on his own merits, too, not just because of his physical condition. Both did great but I'm so thrilled Bret won! It was a satisfying result.

Meggie

Bret Micheal's win was based on sympathy, I didn't see how he could over Holly.

reallyirked

Why didn't they show the Snapple people tasting both drinks. I would have liked to have seen that. I agree Holly should have won but Brett is ok too. His commercial was good but we don't know who won the taste test. My guess-Holly thats why they didn't show it. And my guess Snapple wanted Holly thats why they donated $250K too. So Trump could pick Brett as winner and Holly still got what she deserved-the cash!! Brett not showing his family is most importan when he making all these appearances and trying for a rock show. He's nuts!!!

Sonja

No offense but he couldn't even hardly walk unassisted last night and now he's going to be 'Rocking Out' Friday? If you won't take a break for your own health at least do it for your kids, they don't need a dead dad because of some rock god complex, when your body tells you to slow down you slow down.

Janet C.

Yea, Bret! Holly just wanted the money in her own bank account to pay her bills in this bad economy. Bret's money goes directly to his charity. Holly lied and never "cut a check" to Sharon Osborn for the money Sharon raised for HER charity. If I donated to Sharon's charity and expected the money I gave to go to colon cancer and it went to another charity, I would ask for my donation back! I would not drink one of Holly's Snapple drinks if they were free. Boo Holly, the back stabber.

Yea, Bret! Yea, Donald Trump!

LoLa

W
T
G

B
R
E
T

He looked great and Im wishing him the best!

anon

Yeah Bret!!!

KATHY

TRUMP, BRET GOT A PITTY VOTE FROM TRUMP, HOLLY WAS THE BETTER ONE.
SHAME ON YOU TRUMP. I WILL AND OTHER'S WILL STOP WATCHING YOUR SHOW. BYE BYE

foxxy

Glad Bret won.
I thought they were going to give the pig Holly a sympathy vote.
I am glad Joan and Trump agreed.
That mean, self centered, pig Holly was not deserving and she could not
get along with anyone.
I watched the show because of Bret, never watched Rock of Love.
His ability to create and delegate and work well with others won him the prize.
Now he can concentrate on his health, that job can be put on hold until he is well.
Good luck Bret.
And his daughter is so cute.
What happened with the other kid, Holly's kid never came on-probably because there would have been erratic behavior.
She must have been ashamed of him not to let him appear on stage-so much for her pride.
She never said she was proud of him, did you notice?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments