Donald Trump to Bret Michaels -- You're Hired!

5/24/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels just got "hired" by Donald Trump -- meaning the brain hemorrhage survivor just won this season of "Celebrity Apprentice" ... and raised a ton of money for diabetes research in the process.

Donald Trump
Holly Robinson Peete -- famous for her role in "Hangin' with Mr. Cooper" -- came in second.

Michaels -- who suffered a warning stroke last week after his brain hemorrhage -- will be donating his $250,000 winnings to the American Diabetes Association.

He's scheduled to rock out on stage this Friday ... for the first time since his brain hemorrhage last month.

Rob

I was hoping his wig would fall off. Does he not know how ridiculous he looks? Just die already Bret and do the world a favour.

Robert

Even Stevie Wonder could see this coming...

scoobie

I think if Donald would have made his decision after the final projects were done, she would have won. But the decision was made live over a month after the projects were done and after Brett got all the publicity about his so called sicknesses etc. He won on a sympathy vote. She should have won and I think Snapple knew Donald had to pick Brett so they gave the money to each of them.

Huh?

Really, how did Brett win off a "sympathy vote"? He won both his challenges as PM, and Holly was 1-4. She is one heck of a business woman, she can creative beg like noone else, but really, she has no imagination or creativity, thats why she lost 3 challenges. Add to that fact that she seemed a bit condescending and know it all-ish that I imagine shes tough to work with and doesn't listen to others opinions.

kickaboo

So happy you won, Bret. Now you got a borderline daughter to worry over, so get your ass back to healing and do NOT over-do it. Oh, quit f**king around with your blood sugars. I hope Kristi squealed on your ass to the docs when you were out of it, sweet revenge..marry her! Good job, you deserved it and thanks to Snapple, both charities--diabetes and autism will benefit.
You are very gracious and did not bad-mouth anyone. Stay that gracious and humble, very endearing. Congrats.

TheRicker

I'm just glad Holly and her sham charity didn't win. I had a feeling that the HollyRod Foundation was essentially a front for her and her husband to make money and a quick internet search proves it. It's really too bad she won that $300,000 earlier in the show...

----------

I know as a "Cause Marketer" and a guy who believes in bringing out the best in people I shouldn't write articles that may make people think twice about giving to charity. But since I'm obligated to inform the public on how to be socially branded, I have to show both sides of this cause marketing game.

Yeah buddy, I said game. I just got off a 2hr conference call with colleagues from my hometown of Providence, RI. and we were discussing how the art of smoke and mirrors has entered in to the nonprofit sector. There are way to many organizations out there that talk the talk but don't back it up. That's as nice as I can say it.

Lets take the Hollyrod Foundation for example. It's the foundation of former NFL player Rodney Peete and his wife, actress and current contestant on Celebrity Apprentice Holly Robinson. The mission of the organization is to give a voice and a hand to those striving for quality of life when theirs has been diminished due to disease or disorders. At least I think that's what it is. It's hard to really see what they do. Unless you look at their 990 forms. In short 990's are forms that tax-exempt organizations have to fill out for the feds. They don't always show the programs but they always show how they spend the money the collect and what they spend it on.

So, I looked up the 990 form forHollyrod Foundation. I was stunned. First of all they only have on record 1 filing. That filing was from tax year 1999 nearly over 10 yrs ago. I know it's a little dated, but thats all that was available. If I know anything, I know no-profits don't change their organizational habits. But once I started reading I was even more shocked.

In 1999, they received $378,177 in contributions. Out of that $378k they gave back only $9,573 to fight their cause. Hold up, it get's better. They paid a company called Nine Inc $77k for fundraising The owner of Nine Inc. is Rodney Peete! The dude paid himself to raise money for himself? What the hell!

Next the Hollyrod Foundation alsoreimbursed the Peete's 30K donation to their foundation for starting expenses. Who gets a donation reimbursed of the full amount in the same year. Just throw charitable remainder trust right out the window.

There are other expenses and the 990 form even shows how they made a huge donation of $500 to assist low-income people purchase prescriptions. That was very nice of them. I wonder if the recipients of that gift had to pay it back.

The point is when we donate and support causes, we have to do our research. I don't think expecting the money we give to go to what they say their mission is, is to much to ask. However in this case I am not confident that the money Holly Robinson won from the Apprentice will be allocated correctly. She even said they were going to build a building. What do you need a building for, to not give out any money because the funds you get from other people are tied up in brick and mortar.

See the Hollyrod Foundation for yourself.

Sandi

Bret is the Winner! Holly is a dumb ****** who stole Sharon Osbourns charity money. I hope her charity or should I say her personal income charity account dries up like she did. Stop begging for money Holly, you look like a begging fool that you are!

kickaboo

Wow, Bret Michael deserved to win and he didn't slam anyone or make negative statements about people's diseases to do so either. His charity was the American Diabetes Assoc. After reading what the TheRicker posted, thank God the right person won. I hope Snapple keeps tabs on their generous 250K going to RobinsonPeete organization.
Somehow, I think Bret Michael is the type to be asking the American Diabetes association just what are you going to do with that money? research, kids camp? (some people don't have health insurance to buy insulin, lost their jobs...no insulin, you die)

Mac

What TheRicker posted is lies.

"So after Holly Robinson Peete won a recent challenge on Celebrity Apprentice, her charity was awarded about 300k. It was an awesome one day total. But when Donald Trump said, it was more than she has ever raised in a year I was like wow that's awesome and confusing at the same time."
What Donald said was that was the most money raised for any charity event on Celebrity Apprentice. It was not the most money Holly ever raised in a year. Clean your ears out and listen.
You sound very ignorant and jealous of Holly.

Bret only one because he played the sick underdog and got the sympathy vote.

Franny

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Now get back in bed and rest your family needs you more than Donald Trump, Shout out Butler Pa.

Stacy Harris

The fix was in. Before the "winner" was announced there was a commercial break featuring a promo for the May 24th edition of NBC-TV's TODAY.

The promo informed viewers that Bret Michaels would appear on the Monday (May 24th) edition of TODAY. TODAY traditionally has devoted a next-day (of air) slot to the "fired" APPRENTICE contestant, but in this instance viewers knew the reverse was true as the "final" story of the season's finale was not about who "lost" but rather who "won."

Smart move on Donald Trump's part to equalize the amount of the donation to both the autism and diabetes charities. It deflected criticism of The Donald, as it made both charities "winners."

Therefore, which individual "won" (or "lost") was either a moot point or ego-tripping,

Stacy Harris