« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex-NHL Star Accused of Sex Crime Against Daughter

5/21/2010 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mark Hardsy ex NHL StarA former L.A. Kings hockey player-turned-assistant coach was arrested this morning in Washington D.C. for allegedly sexually abusing a 21-year-old woman -- his own daughter.

TMZ has learned 51-year-old Mark Hardy is in police custody after his daughter told cops that Mark "put his hand down [her] shorts and touched her genital area without her permission."

Hardy was arrested at the legendary Mayflower Hotel in D.C. -- where the alleged incident was said to have occurred early this morning. He's set to face a judge later today on the charge of misdemeanor sexual abuse.

UPDATE: TMZ has just received a statement from L.A. Kings saying simply, "We are aware of the charge.  Due to the legal nature of this matter, we will not have any additional comments at this time."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Elsa

He Shoots... and doesnt score.
u nasty Mark Hardy.

suesch1950

Creepy if true. If a child molester, why would he wait for her to be in her twenties?

Shady's Lady

WTF?

K

Let me guess...He has to go to "rehab" to beat his demons.
Just cut off this f'in aholes dck!

mcgavock

I hate Hockey.

flip[wilson

Allo dare.. my name is Gordie La Douche... I'm player for de Canadiens, eh! I know dis guy Mark Hardee for turdy year now and I can tell yoose all he great guy... why just did morn-ning I roll over in bed and tell my turdy year old daughter 'ow much I like did guy, eh... Go Habs!

zzyzx

I hope it's at least a stepdaughter. That would make it 1% less creepy.

Wishes

4. Typical WHITE male's alway's killing or raping or shooting up loved one's or random strangers,Not surprised at all they alway's do this stuff it's in they're nature disgusting people get help...

Posted at 10:03 AM on May 21, 2010 by Ed

Yeah, right, Ed. You are so racist and ignorant, too! Did you forget about Tiger Woods, Charles Barkley, Kobe Bryant, Lawrence Taylor, The Washington DC Snipers, Coral Eugene Watts, the Carr Brothers, the Christian-Newsom murderers. Hey, watch "Black Serial Killers" on youtube - it will educate you!

flip[wilson

Kinda adds a whole new meaning to "Bring your daughter to work week" - don't it.

Rob

Tinalouise

#4 All I have to say to you is...Oprah and Monique, figure it out.

Did this happen recently because the girl is 21 not a little baby or toddler. Was she sleeping because it is hard to put your hands down someones pants if they are moving..duh! This all sounds strange to me.

flip[wilson

Now we know how Hardy gets a Hardy...

electriczipper

was this morning recently enough for you..geeezzz..why have you tried to out your hands down someones pants or what..duh

Ann

"I know a lot of people in the hockey community, and everyone says he is a stand up guy, who is very nice. I hope this accusation is false."

That means nothing. You remind me of the neighbors of serial killers who, when interviewed on TV, always say "he was such a nice, polite person".

Many men are "nice" to other men but have major issues with women.

It remains to be seen whether the allegations are true but, unfortunately, more often than not they are.

electriczipper

flipper your officially bombing here dude..only weirdos find something funny in molesting a daughter..noone is biting..go get some new material ya freak