Brittany Murphy's Husband Found Dead

5/24/2010 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Simon Monjack, widower of Brittany Murphy, was found dead late Sunday night at his home in the Hollywood Hills -- the same home where his wife Brittany Murphy collapsed and eventually died five months earlier ... and both bodies were discovered by the same woman.

Coroner: Brittany Murphy Took Simon's Drugs

Law enforcement sources say Brittany's mother, Sharon Murphy, found Monjack unconscious in the master bedroom around 9:30PM, and then called 911.

Monjack was pronounced dead sometime after paramedics arrived ... when resuscitation efforts failed.

Monjack reportedly died from cardiac arrest, though nothing officially has been determined.

The similarities are remarkable. Murphy was found unconscious by her mother Sharon. Sharon found Simon unconscious as well. Murphy was found in the master bathroom. Simon was found in the master bedroom of the same home. Paramedics administered CPR to Simon. Simon administered CPR to Brittany. And they may have both died from cardiac arrest ... five months apart.

A death investigation is underway.

0524_monjack_winters_tmzUPDATE 5:15AM PDT: Law enforcement sources tell us prescription bottles were found in the house (as they were when Brittany died), but there were no illegal drugs. There is no sign of suicide or foul play ... as a result LAPD has closed their investigation. It's all in the coroner's hands now.

V

Let's wait until the official autopsy report.

Can guilt cause death?

DJM

This has got to be drug related. Young and healthy couples just do not die of cardiac arrest,one maybe but both dying in similar fashions only months apart proves to anyone with half of a brain in their head that something fishy is going on. How they expect the public to believe both died of natural causes is beyond me. I actually find it insulting to my intelligence that the authorities would try to put one past us. I'll bet anyone,my dollars to your dimes,that drug abuse was directly related to both deaths.

get real

This House is a Jinx............ If I were the mother (Sharon) i wouldnt spend another night in it.... I wouldnt buy it either when it goes up for sale. 2 Deaths in One home.. Both young people? Hummmmmmm. House should be condemed.

Kelli

Can guilt cause death? When the whole world is watching, maybe!

trixR4kids

very odd, not a coincidence

JaNaiH

So he never got to see the LOST finale? Whoah! NOw that's deep.

Shane

The coroner should carefully check both bodies for needle marks. An air embolism can cause a heart attack (I.E. cardiac arrest). It just sounds a little fishy for both of them to wind up dead, found by the same person, and cause of death being the same. Maybe mama wanted some of their money? Just a thought.

Eastender

As the sole survivor, Sharon gets it all. I have to wonder if she was spoon feeding this guy drugs, or arsenic. I hope LE looks into this a little further.

Just my opinion now --

kris

om goodness, rip simon and brittney! i hope your together again, i beeive simon died of a broke heart! u can tell he luvs his wife very much! god bless both of you. as well as sharon murphy! may happyness and peice find your family!

Devils Advocate

I don't find Sharon discovering him all that odd, really. It could have been something as innocent as her knocking on his bedroom door to ask if he wanted something for dinner, he didn't respond, so she opened the door and found him.

As for OD or heart attack, could have been either or both, just like his wife. It seems a lot of deaths have been speculated as OD recently (and indeed drugs found in the decedent's system), but official cause of death was something less obvious.

RIP

Luke

Did they test Brittany for Carbon Monoxide poisoning? That might explain both of them dying in a similar fashion.

truthbetold

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/24/simon-monjack-brittany-murphy-dead-death-accidental-od-overdose-prescription-drug-natural-causes-brittany-murphy/#ixzz0oreoUbNa

lake

The headline is inaccurate. It was her WIDOWER who was found, not her husband. Duh.

Prancy

I hope they do a VERY in depth investigation. I'm not saying there has been foul play, but these 2 deaths need to be looked at more carefully. Just saying............

Jen

"Give me a break, I am not one of these idiots who just believes whatever the media throws out there. This guy was still very very young (39 years young) and you mean to tell me that it's natural? NO, it is not natural for anyone to die at 39. Pretty funny it happens 5 months after Britt dies, same room, same drugs. Something smells fishy and it ain't the Long John Silvers baby"

Joe Lima, former pitcher of the Dodgers, just died of a heart attack at the age 37. He was apparently healthy and it just happened. So don't say people don't die naturally at a young age because it does happen.

As for her checking on him at 9. That's not that weird. Maybe he hadn't been feeling well or seemed really depressed that day. She was probably worried about him.

I love how everyone is quick to make a judgement. The thing is none of us will ever know because we weren't there.