« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jose Lima Found Dead

5/23/2010 11:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former MLB pitcher Jose Lima was found dead at home this morning of an apparent heart attack. He was 37.

His wife, Dorca Astacio, told ESPNdeportes.com, "Jose was complaining while sleeping and I just thought he was having a nightmare ... I called the paramedics, but they couldn't help him."

A rep for the L.A. County Coroner tells TMZ  the death is now under investigation, but that there are no signs of foul play.

Lima played 13 seasons for five different teams, the highlight being his 21 win season for the Houston Astros back in 1999.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Timmy

All you pitiful people making claims about Steroids..If you only knew the man, and the great character he brought to life. You sad ass people behind a computer making claims when you never even met the guy. Give me a break, steroids! Just like Tiger Woods is on HGH right? RIP Jose, you will be sorely missed

ChanelShades

R.I.P Lima Time!!!

Jean Hilton

rip....lime time forever!

Dominican republic!!

Jean Hilton

Siempre te vamos a recordar, u re the best, tu siempre estabas lleno de vida....estabas muy joven para q te pasara esto... descana en paz...lima time!

from dominican republic.

Agulucho Fan

Rest in peace Jose "El Mambo" de Lima.....

lloyd sykes

No never adjusted to sitting to long in except when they said cast break!

LoveKim

One down 13 million more to go. HOORAY ARIZONA!!!

louis

TMZ, do you know that she prefer to wear a Chanel handbag flat 1112 in stead of the bracelet? I just see her blog about that she purchasing some replica Chanel bags from ec4bag . c o m which is dedicated on designer bags like chanel LV ...

Alex ( King Kong Production)

I knew Jose for over 15 years and he was only high on LIFE and BASEBALL.His death is very hard to take. my prayers go out to his mother wife and the rest of his family and freinds . IT WILL ALWAYS BE LIMA TIME .

Brian

It was just his "Lima" Time...

Chas

rip, thanks for the memories.

John Miller

I had the priviledge of driving Mr. Lima After a few games here in MN. In that time we shared ALOT! First and formost, HE DID NOT DO DRUGS!!! His problem was that he had to big of a heart. So many so called "Friends & Family" had their hands so far deep in that mans pocket, I watched him cry!!! I for one can see HOW it happened. May he rest in peace.

ralph

your guys are idiots if you think lima did drugs i was down in Norfolk,Va him hangout everyday never did i see drugs ...wow you guys need help...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3