Slipknot Bassist

Found Dead

5/24/2010 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Slipknot BassistPaul Gray, the bassist from the band Slipknot, was found dead in a hotel in Iowa this morning ... this according to local police.

According to the Urbandale Police Dept, an employee at the hotel found Gray's body in his room early this morning.

Cops say they found no evidence of foul play at the scene, but there will be an investigation into Gray's death.

Gray was 38 years old.

Ali

RIP paul!! You will be missed! SLIPKNOT!!!!!

donna

The come in threes and sometimes fours...rest in peace, so young.

Penny

I love SlipKnot and have been a fan forever! RIP Paul

For the people that are tearing him down. What rock did you crawl out from where it's okay to make fun of the deceased? He was someones child, husband and a future father. How heartless can you be?

Nicole C.

I'm not a Slipknot fan, and I agree with those who say that the hating on Paul Gray is messed up. You don't have to like Paul Gray; but he's gone now, and he obviously (even to be that dark and drugged up) suffered a lot in life. Granted that he (for whatever reason) may not have not sought out help to deal with his issues, but he still dealt with a lot. Also (as far as I know), Paul Gray wasn't a H****er, or Stalin, or Mao, or whoever else you could get away with directing "Yemach shemo v'zichro" toward.

Nicole C.

By the way, only Paul Gray and G-d know for sure where Paul Gray is.

iloura

I'm totally stunned by all the negative comments. You people are sick and need to learn the word empathy. I live in Des Moines and I know plenty of people that aren't rednecks including me that like their music. Just because you don't like their music doesn't mean you need to talk crap about the dude when he just died.

Jade

:( this sucks because i really wanted to see them again with the members from when i was born (N) this is b/s Rest In Peace Paul

MacTonight

I'm sure the black community is shaken up. Only honky crackers are crying right now. Maybe a few suicides will spawn from this.

Nicole C.

To iloura and others who aren't making the negative or (no offense) lazy-man's-penmanship comments, thanks for actually putting in a refreshing two cents about Paul Gray's death. Besides, like I said, "Paul Gray wasn't a H****er, or Stalin, or Mao, or whoever else you could get away with directing "Yemach shemo v'zichro" toward." (By the way, I censored the name that I censored myself, so don't blame TMZ for that.).

Bias2112

Maybe the knot didnt slip this time :-P

G.R.

He wanted out of the crappy band.

Jade

k **** off just cuz u dont like them dosent mean u can talk **** about him and now that hes dead even worse. itslike somone talking **** about u when u die think people

Rob

It sucks that he died, but that doesn't make Slipknot any less ****ty.

Jon

I really... REALLY don't understand why most of you people think that just because people on here don't like Slipknot that all they listen to is Justin Bieber, Lady GaGa, and rap.

I only listen to metal, and Slipknot is some of the ****tiest, main-stream metal there is. Slipknot is the Lady GaGa of metal. There are much better pop songs, but hers get played more.

Anonymous

RIP Paul...and to all you punk, emo, ***gots out there that hate their music, you wouldn't know a good f**kin song if it f**ked you in the ass... so to all slipknot haters and heavy metal music **** talkers... F**K YOU!!!