Jesse James: Nazi Pic Was Funny Then ... Not Now

5/25/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jesse James is finally addressing that infamous Nazi pic -- the one where he's giving the Hitler salute -- and in shockingly poor taste explains, "It was a joke ... that was funny then."

Jesse James
In the interview, which aired this morning on "GMA," James goes on to say, "Looking at it in the context of now and my life, it's not funny."

James also talks about how Sandra Bullock reacted when Jesse told her that he was seeking help for his infidelity -- saying she "was proud of me."

There's more -- including Jesse's explanation as to why he wanted to adopt a Black baby ... so check out the clip.

The full interview airs tonight on "Nightline."

CC

S***bag. Sandra is so much better off without that douchbag.

Mo

So if my black tookus dressed up as a Nazi, then adopted a Jewish child would it slide? Who at TMZ thinks this is NOT a publicity stunt?!

electriczipper

Actually,Roberta Stanford is just my alias...the name's Bond...James Bond! ;)

Posted at 9:11 AM on May 25, 2010 by Roberta Stanford

yikes..does your husband know this??????

Me

THE VANILLA GORILLA IS A CARTOON CHARACTER. ONE SOME OF US GREW UP WATCHING ON TV. JESSE BEING ONE OF THEM. IT'S ALSO THE SAME NAME OF HIS FAVORITE MOTORCYCLE.

THE TATTED UP WHORE HE MESSED AROUND WITH, MADE THAT UP TO GET MORE PUBLICITY.

GET YOUR FACTS PEOPLE BEFORE YOU START COMMENTING ON THAT !!

IGNORANT !!!

sngore

This video made me chuckle. Being called a Nazi? It made him sad. Being caught? It also made him sad. Being caught being a Nazi and a cheater? It made him REALLY sad. I think it's time for Jesse to goosestep his butt on out of here.

Mo

I read a comment about how a guy from Motorhead has a black personal assistant, and collects Nazi memorabilia. How it is historical and it's ignorant to be angry. SCREW YOU KID.

NAZI'S killed 5.9 million Jews and 25-50,000 blacks, and Nazi's want to deny it happened.

On top of it he takes pictures in uniform and adopts a black kid; I would not want to see my father in a Nazi outfit. He and you are ignorant not us. He is too insensitive and childish to be a good husband or father. That isn't our fault.

Mo

It's always funny until you get caught you SUCKA!!

sngore

By the way, who here hasn't thought that genocide of a race of people is hilarious? I mean, it was funny then and not so funny now? What part of killing Jews makes you laugh, Jesse?

Sally

This loser will say anything to keep his name in the news. Hopefully, he will go away soon! He is a liar on all matters.

Em

Why does this 40 year old guy talk like Garth from Wayne's World??
He talks like a 13 year old.

patti sullivan

I very much agree with the person who wrote #13. Jesse James is an "alternative" guy. He doesn't fit into the middle class mild, and that has always been obvious. But he is one who came from, basically, a trailer trash background, with a lot of childhood abuse, and managed to make something of himself. Once he obtained fame, he did not rest, but kept pushing to scomplish more. He needed a "yes I can" attitude to do that. That same attitude tripped him up in his marriage to Sandra. But, that does not mean he doesn't deserve love, and to be excused for his mistakes in life. He has now found that he DOES care what people think of him. He has found that it is NOT alright to cheat on your wife. Has anyone noticed that he is not treating Sandra with the anger of rejection that most divorcing people dose their ex-partners with? He wants to keep her in his life in any capacity he can, for his children and himself. That shows bigness. He is asking the public to understand that he is hurting, and for us to understand that he is not all bad. Is that so hard for us to give to another? Why do people want to keep kicking him while he is down? It seems very much the work of bullies. Sandra forgives him. Why can't the people who don't know him? Whatt'd he do to YOU?

Devistated myself

I feel for Sandra, having lived the emotionaal rollercoaster that she is on right now. She loves him and wants things to go back to the way they were, but she is smart and knows that can never happen. It is possible for men who cheat to change, if they dastically change, cut out the temptations, all of the temptations. Seek counseling and larn to look at things differently. Its been less than 2yrs since my husband cheated and I took him back, gained a 3rd child only to discover he was still cheating, I love my husband and I love my children, but he will never change, and sadly niether will Jesse James.

Jimmy Rockstar

All I have to say is that nobody is perfect and we will all forget about this when another star's scandal hits the pages; remember though...... you're only as popular as your last fugg up, and I
Actually would love to be one of those camera guys for TMZ to catch them ! I could get all the stars to talk... even the one's who never have, just give me a really hot chic to ask the questions while I film.....and miracles will never cease to amaze !

paul

i thought this guy had balls, big bad outlaw jesse james...pay up sucker. jess, you are making an ass of yourself now doing the talk show rounds with your gay mea culpa. pay up sucka! stick your mushroom up mcgees inked butthole you ***got...pay up sucka--the curse of biker building lames:::indian larry does a hand stand and cracks his brain open, dummy bill lane cracks into a moped and kills a guy, jesse? psssststt pay up fuxcker

Hmmm...

Jesse James confirms the fact that stupidity is its own punishment.