Jesse James: Nazi Pic Was Funny Then ... Not Now

5/25/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jesse James is finally addressing that infamous Nazi pic -- the one where he's giving the Hitler salute -- and in shockingly poor taste explains, "It was a joke ... that was funny then."

Jesse James
In the interview, which aired this morning on "GMA," James goes on to say, "Looking at it in the context of now and my life, it's not funny."

James also talks about how Sandra Bullock reacted when Jesse told her that he was seeking help for his infidelity -- saying she "was proud of me."

There's more -- including Jesse's explanation as to why he wanted to adopt a Black baby ... so check out the clip.

The full interview airs tonight on "Nightline."

Meir

I think its disgusting that even for a joke to post a picture with a Nazi terrorist hat, certain stuff you just dont joke on & this is one, Hitler & the Nazis have murdered millions of innocent people, shame on anyone looking up to them.

lynn

I forgive Jesse & I bet Sandra has too. If he keeps on the right path (and I know he can) I can see them getting back together. Whatever they decide it's their business and not ours. It would be nice if people didn't believe everything they read...1/2 of it's not true. I hope they work it out.

Michele

A lot of people are assuming that Sandra left him only because of the cheating and that she really should try to forgive him. But who knows what else went on behind closed doors? He may not have been kind. He may have been emotionally abusive. They may not have anything in common. And maybe she knows deep down that he'll never change and she could never trust him. Who wants a partner where you always have to look over your back?

DANA

is there any link somewhere from the full interview someone?

Maria

My husband was a cheater( I divorce himasap) but since we were not rich we call him a CHEATER but in this "celebrity " status is called "sex addiction" what is that? is baloney a cheater is always a cheater,the guy got caught and he is guilty,we all love Sandra but ....by! hse has a badt taste.!about the nazy photos everyone int he world know that is not right is not so cool,he knows the consequences if he get caught .Hope Sandra get the new men better than this one ,he is sorry because he realize he had a wonderful wife in his side ...too bad too late!I don't believe waht the song says "stand by your men" not way Jose I didn't and I am sooo happy now .He is trashy he was married to a phorno star ,what do you expect from him? and Sandra knows about ,she knows she was going to deal with a guy who loves women like thi sone ,she use a poor judgement .Every day people get married and get divorce I don't know what is the big deal ,we get divorce and we HAVE to go with our lives.....she will find someone better than this one!Remember you can take the guy from the ghetto ,but you can't take the ghetto for the guy" how true!

Lora

Cheaters like Tiger Woods and Jesse James bring home STD risks for spouses.All of them hat whore who claim these men DID NOT wer CONDOMS.So while people publicly debate whether their wives should stay or leave,here's the part I don't get: Where's the concern that these men jeopardized their wives' health and lives with their behavior?! That's up to and including the AIDS virus that their husbands' lovers could have shared with theim!Having heard about the licentious lifestyles and seen the provocative photos of some of the whore.I'd suggest that this wasn't a group you'd want to cast your and your family's fate with!

beans

Sandra better not trust Jesse around her baby..CPS should take his children away from him..

leslie

EVERYTHING JESSE SAYS ABOUT SANDRA RINGS TRUE. SHE IS A GROWN UP WOMAN, SHE LOVES JESSE JAMES, OF COURSE SHE HAS EXPERIENCED PAIN AND ANGER, BUT SHE HAS NOTHING TO BE HUMILIATED ABOUT, AND I BELIEVE SHE FEELS THE SAME WAY. IS JESSE A RACIST? IN TODAYS WORLD EVERYONE IS SEEN AS RACIST. SO THEY CAN BE A VICTIM.I AM OF IRISH DECENT AND MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER CAME OVER ON A SHIP, DUE TO THE POTATO FAMINE,HER MOTHER DIED DURING THE TRIP. LEAVING 2 YOUNG DAUGHTERS.I HEAR PEOPLE SAY IRISH ARE DRUNKS, AND I WANT THIS TO STOP. I WANT THIS RACIST COMMENTS TO STOP! I AM KIDDING, BUT THIS IS WHERE WE ARE TODAY. ALL OF THE COMMENTS ABOUT RACISM AND JESSE JAMES PICTURE HE IS A NAZI, COME ON HASN'T ANYONE DONE SOMETHING STUPID AT A PARTY? NAZI REFERENCES HAVE BEEN MADE IN MANY PLACES NOT TAKEN SERIOUSLY, I HAVE SEEN THIS FOR OVER 50 YRS, NONE MEANING DISRESPECT OR FORGETTING THE HOLOCOST. LETS MOVE ON. FROM A PSYCH POSITION IT IS EASY TO SEE JESSE'S BEHAVIOR IS ABOUT HOW HE FEELS ABOUT HIMSELF. HIS LIFE WAS GOOD, AND THIS IS THE TIME A PERSON SELF SABOTAGING BEHAVIOR TAKES OVER. I BELIEVE JESSE IS A GOOD PERSON BUT I ALSO SEE MANY SIGNS OF REBELLION RELATED TO THINGS THAT INDICATE LOSS, PAIN, AND DESTRUCTION OF A CHILD'S TRUST. IT LOOKS LIKE HE IS SEEKING TREATMENT TO WORK ON THESE ISSUES. I ENCOURAGE HIM TO CONTINUE TO DO THE WORK HE NEEDS TO DO FOR HIMSELF. I WISH ONLY THE BEST TO HIM AND SANDRA, AND TO KEEP THEIR FAMILY TOGETHER.

DANA

i think the nr.1 he wants to keep good face is caouse is business
is going down big time

Bex

wow, well he did it to himself and he knows it.. he's one who has 2 live eith his actions and he knows that too. he f-ed up big time and he's gotten what he deserves for it, his wife left him took the baby he's lost sponsers.. fans and the respect of the world.. oh and he bangged bombshell mcgee so he obvously has an STD lol he's an idiot a god damn stupid idiot and now he's all alone and everyone hates him... no one can or ever will understand the nazi pics and mcgee, thats just too crazy .. it's beyond crazy! He kns he can't talk himself out of this ... he can talk and tell his side till he's blue in the face and it doesn't matter the world has made their mind up about Jesse and it's sad.. cause he may b ****ing retarded and an oversized ass hat but people f up worse then he did everyday and NO ONE cares ... if he hadn't been married to sandra if hadn't been "JESSE JAMES" the tv star if he hadn't been famous no one would have cared .. it's so pathedic.. fame is the real monster... Jesse, he's just another stupid man who couldn't keep his **** in his pants... it happens ALL THE TIME and no one cares but if it's TIGER, or Jesse or some other famous ******* it's the most important thing to have ever happened in the history of the world?????? It's sad and pathedic... guys cheat.. it's in their nature to do it... men are incapable of being faithful .. it doesn't matter how wonderful their wife /GF is how happy their relationship is .. men CHEAT! I've been cheated on.. it sucks but it happens i didn't see a frigging media frenzy over that? so y should it b like that with Jesse and Sandra? They deserve to deal with their bs and probs in private it's fans and TMZ sites that have made this hole thing so much bigger then it ever had to be or should have been! I don't hate Jams 4 what he did... i just think he's a stupid guy who did what guys do best cheat on their supposed loved one! he's a prick 4 it but whatever.. thats not y anyone should be pissed off at him.

If u have 2 hate him do it 4 the nazi pics and 4 supporting the nazi party and the murder of 6 million people! thats a reason 2 hate someone not because they cheated on their wife. Cheating happens all the time men do it women do it we all do it.. but we don't all go out and **** nazi whores and support the nazi psrty and what it did and stands 4! Jesse deserves to be the most hated man in the world .. he showed a side of himself in those pictures that sickened the entire world! Calling the pics a joke at the time and saying that they were funny then is not ok in any way! There is nothing he can ever say in my opinion that will ever redeem him 4 the nazi pictures.. i had family die in europ during the second ww no thanks to nazi's .. so people like James and McGee deserve to treated like the nazis the emulate and punished the same way we punished the nazis.. Nurmemburg trials showed us how 2 deal with a nazi.. hang them! i'm not saying 2 kill JJ or McWhore but they need 2 understand thats what happed to the nazis and what deserves to happen to anyone ignorant enough to support them! and thats y we should hate Jesse James ... cheaters r just douche bags.. oh well not the end of the world BUT ..Nazis r evil and so is ANYONE who supports that kind of hatered!

nicnak

It wasn't funny then, and it sure as hell isn't funny now. Loser.

elysummers

Jesse, you just don't get it. It's never funny. Ever.

bulldog

Sorry for my spelling .Im Swedish and wrote sheeted now I know its cheatde.Hallo Sandra isnt sexy.She is funny .
Wellhe cheated because he was not satisfied

Erin A

No, you F-ing tool, the pictures were never funny. And I love that they are always sorry . . . after they get caught.

bobbiestarr

Everybody makes mistakes... yes, these were some pretty big ones, but I give the guy a break. I think he is honestly sorry for what he did and just wants to get his own side out there.. he is taking the responsibility and is paying the consequences... I can think of alot more deserving people to claim the title of "most hated"