Jesse James' Stepmom -- Abuse Claim is 'Crap'

5/26/2010 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jesse James' former stepmom claims Jesse's allegation that his dad broke his arm when he was 7 years old "is a bunch of crap."

Janina James Coan, who was involved with Jesse's dad since Jesse was 6, tells TMZ she was "appalled" by what Jesse said about Larry James during the "Nightline" interview.

Coan -- who married Larry when Jesse was in high school but eventually divorced -- tells us Jesse had a variety of injuries -- including broken bones -- as a kid, because he was into motocross.   But she scoffs at the notion that Jesse was abused.

Coan says, "Larry was the most caring father, the kindest father who would do anything for anybody.  He loved Jesse to death and would brag about him all the time."

Coan does say, however, that Jesse and his dad don't get along.  The tension started, she claims, when Jesse was 16.  She claims Jesse's dad found out his son and a friend allegedly robbed a Fotomat and called the cops on him.  Coan says Jesse ended up in juvenile hall and was very upset that his dad turned him in.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

tony

You know what no one knows the truth except those involved,so if you dont know what ur talking about save yourself the trouble and shut your cookie hole!

shadow

lets just "REMOVE" Jesse from the face of the Earth no one like this lying ******* anymore anyway ( shrugs)

Ktotheizo

I sympothize with him if he was abused and while being abused does affect how people handle situations in life, it's a conscious choice to do shady stuff. Jesse-man up, you at least recognize that youre hell bent on distroying anything good in your life which is a start so focus on that. Don't play the abuse card. I was physically abused by my father til I left at 17 and honestly can't recall one moment my mother hugged me growing up. I've never cheated or purposely hurt anyone in my entire life. Don't make excuses for it, it's not an addiction, it's not the abuse, it's a self destructive behavior that you need to correct within yourself. I hope you work on this for your own sake but I also hope Sandy moves on, she deserves better than always wondering whether you'd do it again.

dan

who cares

Kristina

I'm afraid that the stepmother's claim is crap and perhaps she should take her alimony and invest it in some Psychology classes, particularly children psychology. Maybe reexamine his ex and understand why children act out and distinguish the usual phases of life that is common and behavior that is trauma induced. With his sister confirming Jesse's abuse, a credible witness, seems more likely his story as true. One child saying there was abuse is one thing, two children saying there was is whole different matter. His reckless behavior, his secretiveness, his double life. Not that I condone what he has done, he was stupid and he is taking full blame for his actions. But only time will tell and perhaps he will learn not to repeat his mistakes and to not use his traumatic experiences to push him to make decisions that he knows will get him caught for they are wrong.

Lynn Stille