Slipknot 911 -- 'Hypodermic Needle Next to His Bed'

5/26/2010 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The hotel employee who discovered the body of Slipknot bassist Paul Gray on Monday told the 911 operator he noticed a hypodermic needle and a bottle of pills in the musician's hotel room when he found the body.

** warning -- the audio contains graphic content **

0526_slipknot_bassist_EX_Getty_03

In the 911 call, obtained by TMZ, the employee -- a maintenance worker at the Iowa hotel -- tells the operator that he suspects Paul died of a "drug overdose" and that it appeared that Paul had been in the room for "a while."

The employee also told the 911 operator that Paul's mother had called the hotel earlier in the day because she couldn't get a hold of her son.

Cops are still investigating Paul's death. Officials have stated that the death doesn't appear to be the result of foul play.

Belladonna

OMG!! could that 911 operator be any slower??? He asked the same questions 3 times!! What an idiot! If he was alive by the time that guy got the police there he would have been dead any way! Three times he asked why he thought he was dead.

realgirl

Good riddance stupid drug addict!

MELISSA LAWRENCE

First this is the saddest most disturbing audio i have ever heard. The hotel people are unprofessional and they are wrong for not attempting to see if he had any pulse or warmness, any sign of life. A SIGN. Not only as are human being, but as a hotel establishment EMPLOYEES/owner. If the man slipped on the floor and was knocked out in front of them or fainted they would not touch him at all to get a responds from him? If there is a fire they run to safety and let resident asleep remain asleep. CHOCKING? THIS WHOLE THING IS WRONG IN SO MANY WAYS. The casual call in to 911 made me sick.. maybe this guy was a diabetic in shock only. im so mad right now over this. yes drug addicts are difficult in a lot of ways, but human to. 911 was sending assistance when the call was being taken. the guy was in danger the second he entered the hotel. wow

Unknown

I'm always amazed at the lack of sympathy people have for drug addiction. It's not a choice, it's a DISEASE with tragic outcomes.

515 friend

Hey people just imagine if this was your friend or your mother or father. Show some respect for his family and friends. Stop trash talking cause if this happened to you things would be diffrent. TMZ should be ashamed for posting such crap to make a buck off someones death. Dont ya have some pop star to stalk or something.

hot snot

actually...911 bum, If you cross over the bridge that is on NW 86th Street...Johnston is one side of the interstate, urbandale it the other. They are seperated by LESS than a block. The urbandale police dept is about 2 miles down 86th street to the south and Johnston Police dept is (and emergency fire/medical) is 2.5-3 miles to the nw of the hotel. I live in Johnston, less than a mile from that hotel. just sayin'. I don't know exactly how long it took emergency to get there...but im assuming pretty quickly. Either way, it was too late. I feel sorry for anyone that Paul's life had touched and to everyone he left behind. It's a tradgic way to lose a friend, a lover and a family member. I will wait for the true reports to come out before I think one way or the other. but this guy is going to be missed. Not by all...but by many.

You can all have your thoughts and spew your trash, as i will when it comes to your favorites. I will remember them and attack as I see fit. But I will not attack this guys life. If you didn't actually know him, you will never understand that or why.

Have a good day. I cannot read anymore of these.

realgirl

Another drug addict bites the dust. EPIC WIN!!!

realgirl

No it's not a disease, it's called being stupid. I have absolutely NO SYMPATHY WHAT SO EVER FOR DRUG ADDICTS! I have had 2 family members die of a drug overdose. They steal, lie, whatever they can do to get their next fix. I have had several thousands of dollars stolen from me by these two drug addicts.
hence, drug addicts who die will get no sympathy from me. Good riddance to bad rubbish drug addicts!

jadey green

why cant you just leave him alone ,its not that hard you are pigs yous make me sick!!!!!!
paul didnt do anything to you!why disturbed him you mother ****ers as paul would say!!
RIP paul i miss you lots ,love you lots

RIP PAUL

I REALLY HOPE WHO EVER PUT THIS OUT ON THE WEB DIES... AND **** YOU IF YOU DIDNT LIKE PAUL... AND FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK YOU TMZ FOR POSTING THE 911 CALL I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL.....

Toronto 99

at about 1:40 you can hear some one laughing in the back round! Is it from the hotel staff or the operator. Either way it's uncalled for.

pinkiowan

OK~ the man who called 911 told the operator that the person in the room was "purple" in color- the man said he was not going to touch him to check for signs of life so he must've looked pretty bad- bloated already, maybe.
Gee, don't these guys still live in Des Moines? Why was he at a hotel instead of at his home with his pregnant wife?

The Master

Wow, a junkie died!! what a shock!! remember people, this is NOT sad, it is pathetic and disgusting. To bad his idiot bandmates never called him out on being a junkie.

911 bum

Hot snot - you are right about johnston and urbandale being closer together than I thought. Forgot my exact geography for a minute! However Johnston and Urbandale are handled by two diffrent 911 centers still requiring time for the operator to figure out which city the call was truly in!

SlipKnot Lover

First off this 911 call is fake. A female found him and called 911. Second anyone that works in a hotel that gets celebrities in it know when a celebrity checks in and what room they are in. Alot of times celebrities have a whole list of do's and don't pertaining to their room. So everyone in the hotel knew that Paul was in which room. (which he was not in the room the "911 caller" said he was in). And for this caller to not even be alittle freaked out that he is standing next to a dead body is kind of weird. As for Paul being in the corner with a needle laying there is not true either. Paul was laying in bed! Good try TMZ but your not lying to anyone from Iowa. RIP PAUL!