DeWyze and Bowersox -- Partying with Protection

5/27/2010 10:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Right after winning "American Idol" -- newly crowned champ Lee DeWyze celebrated his face off ... at a Hollywood after-party with runner-up Crystal Bowersox ... and an army of private security.

Flanked by hired muscle, the two singers were all smiles outside the Mondrian hotel on Sunset Blvd. -- posing for fans and even giving some final thoughts on Simon Cowell and Bret Michaels.

Question is ...

Dan

Yes, Crystal blew the Mommasox off of Lee on the final night. But this was not really about one night, it was about the entire run of the show. And while Lee needs a little more time to really mature as an artist (he needs to believe in himself more and work on his stage presence skills), you’d be hard pressed to argue that he’s not a very talented singer and musician (so is Casey for that matter). Yes, Botox has a great voice and is extremely talented in her own right. And undoubtedly she has better stage presence and confidence than Lee. But I don’t think America was wrong in voting for Lee. Some would argue that it came down to popularity. And maybe there is some truth to this—but again, Lee is a talented singer, albeit a little rough around the edges. And he’s most definitely better than last season’s winner Kris Allen. At the end of the day, America voted for the shy and humble paint clerk with the James Dean persona and more commercially accessible voice, rather than voting for the nappy rasta-haired frumpy chick with the lesbian vibe and less accessible retro voice. And let’s face it, Crystal thought she was better than Idol to begin, so some of this comes down to attitude. Yes, she is more polished than Lee. But my man still has talent. The way I see it, both are winners—especially as far as their future careers are concerned.

flip[wilson

Very apt summation, Dan. "nuf said on Idol 2010.

Carl

This will be like most seasons, the runner up will outshine the winner.

Connie

This was the most disappointing season of American Idol to me. I was not impressed with any of the singers. Please search for better talent in the future. With the loss of Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell, and talented singers, the future of Americal Idol is doomed.

angles

YES THEY PICKED THE RIGHT ONE HE HAS TALENT LOOKS GREAT AND GOOD SINGER HE WILL GO FAR IN THIS BUSSINESS FOR SURE, CRYSTAL IS ROUGH LOOKING AND APPERANCE WISE NEEDS PERSONAL CARE TEETH AND WEIGHT AND WARDROBE BUT HAS A NICE VOICE SHE WILL MAKE IT IF SHE WORKS ON HER APPERANCE WRITES MUSIC

rembert

sib

Wow, amazing how TMZ is making absolutely ZERO bones about this season's upset. Bowersox was overwhelmingly favored to win, just like that fruit last year that you freaks cried your eyes out over for losing. Why not the same vile contempt for Idol this year? Geee....I wonder why......what on earth could be so different....hmmm.......

poppy

no............they did not get it right...........Siobahn and Didi are the best singers this season! The producers had had their eyes on these 2 for the finale. We never get to see the real numbers on
what is really going on behind the scenes.

$$

how is it when you look at all the polls and they all say Crystal should have won? Did those answering the polls not the same people who voted?

somethings fishy in Idol Land...

Julianne

why feel the need to insult bowersox? frumpy? lesiban vibe? retrovoice? what the heck? You people need to stop being so superficial. she has serious talent, I would sit and listen to her all day if I had to choose between the two!!
Lee is just plain BORING.

BeatlesFan1

to Sib: no, she was not "overwhelmingly favored" to win - early on in the comp, that was true. but the last 5 weeks at least showed Lee as the front-runner, with few exceptions (those exceptions were when Crystal and Lee BOTH knocked it out of the park.) I take it you don't actually watch the show? i was Adam's biggest fan last year - i have his album, and he should have won. However, this year does not compare, in ANY WAY, to last year.

flip[wilson

flip[wilson

6. I hope everyone knows Lee already has been publishing albums. In fact, go to ITunes and search his name. He has 2 albums plus a single he just released in May 2010. His record lable is WuLi records in Chicago. I would forget that "paint salesman" persona. I think everyone has been tricked.

Posted at 7:23 AM on May 27, 2010 by rembert

REMBERT! Do you have any idea what the ramifications of this accusation are? If what you say is true... and I have no reason to believe it isn't (other than the fact that your name is Rembert)then Lee D has pulled the greatest con job on America since Obama's birth certificate...Sly Stallone's "Energy" drink...Conan's late night career...Michael Lohan's concern for LL...MJ's belt...Tom Cruise's heterosexuality...Alien vs Predator...Kenny Rogers...Tom Cruise's heterosexuality...(oh, I already said that) well you get the picture...I truly believe The President should put the oil spill on hold (even longer than he already has)and appoint a commission to investigate these allegations. Again, thank you, Rembert...your service to your country will not be forgotten... in fact... ummm... damn forgot what I was talking about.

sngore

It's funny to me. It's not like I would've bought either of these performers' albums. So, it's not like the winner means much.

dd

All I have to say to Crystal is (JENNIFER HUDSON) you will be a star!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments