Gary Coleman

Dies

5/28/2010 6:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gary Coleman has died as the result of injuries he suffered earlier this week, the hospital tells TMZ.

We've learned Gary's wife, Shannon, made the decision to pull life support early this AM.

We're told Coleman died at 12:05 PM MST.  He died of a intracranial hemorrhage.

Family members and close friends were at Coleman's side when life support was pulled.

He was 42.

As TMZ first reported, Coleman was rushed to a hospital in Utah after he fell and hurt his head. He was on life support since Thursday.

There will be a press conference at the hospital at 3:00 PM PT.

A rep for Coleman released this statement: "Thanks to everyone for their well wishing and support during this tragic time. Now that Gary has passed, we know he will be missed because of all the love and support shown in the past couple of days. Gary is now at peace and his memory will be kept in the hearts of those who were entertained by him throughout the years."

More Today in TMZ History

Kathy

What you talking about Willis!!??

RIP Gary. I loved you on "Different Strokes".

sean

What you talk'in bout Willis ? Im in heaven.....

Valentine

SUx. Rest In Peace GARY

Miia

RIP Gary,

I hope the police investigate further something sounds suspicious

John

Actually, RadarOnline.com first reported the death.

Eldobear

What a sad ending to such a sad life - what a pity that his life turned so desperate since his role in Different Strokes - downhill ever since. May he RIP now.

Jr

R.I.P. Gary Thanks for the great memory's as a child : (

J.T.

Brings tears to my eyes... Hope he can finally find peace now... Maybe they can leave him alone... May he truly REST in Peace!!!

Truth

IF TMZ POSTS YOU'RE ON YOUR LAST BREATH, YOU'RE A GONNER. THE NEXT POST IS YOUR OBITUARY. TRUTH!!!

raul

SO sad RIP Gary

Bob

RIP

nisiek

I hope Lisa Bloom feels bad for giving him so much **** on t.v., but she is Allred's daughter and they have no conscience...esp. Allred, I forgot how his parents stole from him, his health was bad for so long, he really suffered in this life. I hope he rests in peace and enjoys "the life after this life"...God knows it cannot be worse!!

truth

**** YOU WILLIS,YOU PIECE OF ****

suzy86

WHATCHU TALKIN' BOUT WILLIS?!!!

Nicole

This is so heartbreaking.:-( I have the first seasons of Diff'erent Strokes on DVD and I love watching them. RIP Gary, he had such a hard time after this show.:-( I hope he and Dana Plato are in heaven meeting again.