Gary Coleman

Dies

5/28/2010 6:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gary Coleman has died as the result of injuries he suffered earlier this week, the hospital tells TMZ.

We've learned Gary's wife, Shannon, made the decision to pull life support early this AM.

We're told Coleman died at 12:05 PM MST.  He died of a intracranial hemorrhage.

Family members and close friends were at Coleman's side when life support was pulled.

He was 42.

As TMZ first reported, Coleman was rushed to a hospital in Utah after he fell and hurt his head. He was on life support since Thursday.

There will be a press conference at the hospital at 3:00 PM PT.

A rep for Coleman released this statement: "Thanks to everyone for their well wishing and support during this tragic time. Now that Gary has passed, we know he will be missed because of all the love and support shown in the past couple of days. Gary is now at peace and his memory will be kept in the hearts of those who were entertained by him throughout the years."

More Today in TMZ History

charlei harper

I was at a Sizzler one night in Culver City, my girlfriend at the time said " Hey look, it's the guy from Diff'rent Strokes, I turned around and looked right over him, he was standing in line directly behind me...hey, didn't he die of a stroke? I wonder if it was diff'rent??? get it???diff'rent strokes??? Man I crack myself up...if any one is offended, oh well... GET OVER IT PUCKER BUTT!!!!

J

Sorry to say, but he hasn't been married long and they apparently had lots of problems, kinda scary she had the final say to pull the plug if you ask me.

Julie

That is so sad... I don't think I would have pulled the plug that soon, but I don't know all the details either. Such a shame, he was so young. I'll says a prayer for his family. God bless Gary... RIP.

sakina

R.I.P. gary.

Brianna

Deepest sympathy to his family and close friends. Such a loss! Very saddened to here this.

Gerry Hazelton

Love you Gary, always made me laugh... rest in peace buddy....

Jac

Rest in Peace Gary. You don't have to be angry any longer. Now, you can rest.

Birdsht

This guy took too much grief from people. Should have had a better life but too many people sucking the life out of him at a young age. Dude never had a chance.

Jessica

Rest in Peace Gary.

Stewart

Very sad. The poor guy did not have an easy life.

ronda

SO SAD TO HEAR ABOUT GARY COLEMAN. I GREW UP WATCHING HIM ON DIFFERENT STROKES. HE WILL BE SADLY MISSED.

Tommy Ates

We loved you then and now. God bless Gary!

Mike

Wutchoo talking bout God?

blah

rip

DaTruth

Wow. I pray he made peace with the Lord.