Heidi Montag Calls It Quits with Spencer Pratt

5/29/2010 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Heidi Montag has separated from husband Spencer Pratt, TMZ has learned.

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt
Heidi's rep tells TMZ, "Heidi is looking to move out due to all the fake bad press that Spencer controls.  She's tired of it and is looking for a place and wants to focus on her acting career."

We're told Heidi -- pictured above with Spencer in Malibu last Friday -- is looking for a new place to live ... in Malibu.

As TMZ first reported, Heidi and Spencer called the police on Heidi's mom a few weeks back ...  so there's been plenty of turmoil.

A source close to Heidi and Spencer tells TMZ the tension in the relationship has been building for a while now ... "It wasn't just a sudden thing."

Now it makes sense ... On Tuesday, Heidi tweeted, "I am not Heidi Pratt, I am Heidi Montag."

UPDATE: Spencer's sister, Stephanie Pratt, tells TMZ, "I hope whether this statement is true or not that they are both happy in whatever life decisions they make."

Greg

Angel, your self-righteous and hate-filled diatribe would be far more effective if you'd turn off your CAPS lock key. Typing in all caps doesn't get you more of the attention you so obviously crave, but rather it makes you look like a semi-retarded imbecile banging away on a borrowed computer at the local library.

Ernie

Hey Spencer now you can go out and pretend to play soldier with all your guns. Hedi should have left you a long time ago. You now have made to the elite A-Hole club as the cheif A-Hole how dose it feel? Ass hole

Ernie

Celebrities Suck

2 attention whores..... She sure doesn't look like a 23 yo she looks OLD

Greg

You'd think Spencer would have noticed that his shirt isn't buttoned correctly before going out in to public. It's hard to line up those button holes when you're a stupid as Spencer.

rene

MABE BOTH OF THEM WILL GET THER HEADS TOGETHER. SPENCER YOU BUTTONED YOU SHIRT CROOKED. I HOPE THE BEST FOR BOTH OF THEM.

Indiana

Who ever they are I don't care , but could his mommy please show him how to button his shirt the right way LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

anonymous

I GOT UP EARLY TODAY TO GO RUN BEFORE IT GETS HOT..
SITTING HERE DRINKING MY COFFE, READ THE ARTICLE AND THOUGHT... THANK GOD THIS GIRL IS MOVING FORWARD IN HER LIFE.

NONE OF YOU JACK*SSES HAVE EVER MET EITHER OF THESE TWO PEOPLE.

I READ MANY COMMENTS, THERE ARE OVER 300 FCKIN COMMENTS , ALL ALL DEGRADING BOTH HUMAN BEINGS.

ALL I CAN THINK OF IS...THIS IS THE VERY LAST TIME IN MY LIFE I WILL EVER BLOG ABOUT CELEBS.

BUT IT ISNT ABOUT THEM, PER SAY.

LISTEN UP FOLKS:

THIS SOCIETY AND WORLS HAS BECOME IMMORAL,AND ALL AROUND A FCKED UP PLACE TO BE...YOU KNOW WHY??

SERIOUSLY? BESIDES CRIMINALS, DO YOU ALL KNOW WHY?

IN ALL COMPLETELY HONESTY AND CLARITY, IT IS SIMPLY BECAUSE OF HATEFUL, NEGATIVE, ABUSIVE PEOPLE, IT IS BECAUSE OF EACH OF YOU!!!!!!!

I HAVE HAD MANY TRAUMAS IN MY LIFE. MANY. I AM A SURVIVOR OF MANY THINGS. BUT, THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL I AM GOING TO BE A SH*T TALKING COWARD.

OF ALL THE THINGS TO SAY, EACH OF YOU CHOOSE TO BE INCREDIBLY INSULTING AND DEGRADING. BULLIES, DO YOU KNOW WHAT PEOPLE THINK ABOUT P*SSY BULLIES?

THERE IS NOTHING I CAN SAY TO MAKE YOU BECOME BETTER PEOPLE. BUT, IF ANY OF YOU HAVE CHILDREN..MOST PROBABLY DO, I CANT IMAGINE ANY OF YOU RAISING A CHILD.

THEY WILL BECOME YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT IS NOT THAT I AM DEFENDING HEIDI NOR SPENCER, I DONT KNOW THEM, THEY ARE STRANGERS. LOOK, I DONT SH* TALK ABOUT PEOPLE I KNOW, SO WHY THE FCK WOULD I DO IT TO THEM?

YOU ARE ALL VERY UNHAPPY. NO DOUBT. YOUR LIVES ARE SO FCKED UP. YOU ALL CAN REPLY 1000 TIMES ALL DAY LONG, LIKE IMBECILES AND I WILL NEVER READ THEM.

DONT BOTHER DEFENDING YOURSELF, IT;S PLAIN AS DAY.

HATERS ARE WHY SOCIETY HAS CHANGES SO DRASTICALLY.

I DONT HATE ANY OF YOU, I AM NOT TRYING TO DEGRADE YOU ALL OR BE MEAN. I AM BEING 100% HONEST.
AND THOSE OF YOU WHO BELIEVE IN GOD, SHAME ON YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD.

LEARN TO HAVE COMPASSION AND EMPATHY. ONE DAY YOU WILL NEED IT FROM OTHERS AND YOU WILL TURN AROUND AND OTHER DUM*SSES LIKE YOU WILL NOT BE THERE TO PICK YOU UP.

YOU ALL ARE WEAK, HATEFUL AND VERY NAIVE.

LOVE YOURSELVES, LEARN TO ANYWAY. IT IS CLEAR TO MANY THAT YOU ALL HATE YOURSELVES.

SOO SAD.

HOPE YOU ALL HEAL.

Ryan

Hey RETARDS, the hills is fake. Everything on the show is fake. Heidi and Spencer's drama is FAKE. Everything you know about them is a PR scheme generated for media outlets and is a lie. Also FAKE. This breakup? FAKE.

Who cares? Me, a tiny, little bit. But, I'll forget all about it tomorrow.

badabing711

Is Heidi preggers?
Looks like she could use some liposuction when she gets her next touch up surgery.

kren

someone did black magick on spencer, and i am 100% and i know how to help him because observing him for a while now shows unnatural factors of behavior immitating insanity but he is not insane naturally, becoming mentally deranged as a result of black magick is a common style of witchcraft which is easily done by the jealous and envious. normally people will not understand how this works. if spencer wants to get well he should contact tmz and i left my email, i will not charge him for anything or seek any publicity but i guarantee different outcome of his behavior, i faced much worse cases and was able to help people.

iknowsit

of course it's NOT true ..
more FALSE reporting ..
(do all these media rags get fed by 'speidi' & print whatever lies they say??)
this is more publicity stunts for a 'SUPPOSED' new reality show they're tryin' to pull off with some other vapid skank ..
spencer is on the show too ..

jess

She should leave him..The a**hole cant even button up his shirt right

www.nulifeonline.com

LOL...........their 15 minutes are almost up...........gotta try something drastic........

anthebeatgoeson

PR Stunt..probably...don't care.

He is an ass as a husband any way.