Heidi Montag Calls It Quits with Spencer Pratt

5/29/2010 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Heidi Montag has separated from husband Spencer Pratt, TMZ has learned.

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt
Heidi's rep tells TMZ, "Heidi is looking to move out due to all the fake bad press that Spencer controls.  She's tired of it and is looking for a place and wants to focus on her acting career."

We're told Heidi -- pictured above with Spencer in Malibu last Friday -- is looking for a new place to live ... in Malibu.

As TMZ first reported, Heidi and Spencer called the police on Heidi's mom a few weeks back ...  so there's been plenty of turmoil.

A source close to Heidi and Spencer tells TMZ the tension in the relationship has been building for a while now ... "It wasn't just a sudden thing."

Now it makes sense ... On Tuesday, Heidi tweeted, "I am not Heidi Pratt, I am Heidi Montag."

UPDATE: Spencer's sister, Stephanie Pratt, tells TMZ, "I hope whether this statement is true or not that they are both happy in whatever life decisions they make."

Previous 15 Comments | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26

Virginia

first of all i would just like to say that as a wife of a US Marine... i am APPALLED that spencer has cammies on... he is the biggest waste of life, and most horrid human being, and he is disrespecting that uniform. Its funny because him and heidi visited camp pendleton and said they respect the marines so much... so why would he ever disrespect them by putting something the marines earned the right to wear.. on his disgusting screwed up mentally disturbed self!? Dear TMZ... if you see this piece of garbage out on the street.. please tell him he is a disgrace to everything and bring up this point... please...

Megan

Could Spencer be any more hideous in this photo?? Good lord, I hope they break up, not because I care about either of them, but because I hope they NEVER BREEED!!!

alex k

spencer loves this, its totally fake, and if its not, then hes just taking advantage of it, and so is she, shes not as dumb as they claim she is, and she isnt under his control...EVERYTHING he does is calculated...

and for the haters, hes still bringing in big money for doing nothing, while you continue to talk about him...spencer 100 haters 0

Name

fake boobs, fake face, fake separation

C

I know it's hard to believe but I truly like these two individually and together. It sucks that they have followed this trend to break up but what are you going to do. I have to say that Heidi and Spencer remind me a bit of Latoya Jackson and her ex-husband at times. There is something about the entire Playboy deal and all the surgery that just gives me this ideal of Spencer seeming too much like that guy that had Latoya talking all out the side of her neck. Even though most feel that all The Jacksons have issues (which is far from the truth), Latoya seems better without that ex-husband because he control everything that she did, said and even wore.
Husband/ business manager is always a bit jarring at times and can result in some serious craziness. Does any of this sound familiar.
I really do hate comparing Spencer to this man because I honestly think Spencer is adorable, a little NUTS at times but I think the air in Cali makes some men nuts. Guys might like California girls but California boys are strange, sexy but strange. However Spencer is just as handsome as a man should be and underneath all those layers of clothes and crystals that guy has a rocking body and we can't forget his endearing baby blues that makes you want to believe that one day he is going to be something so BIG and so great.
Heidi is now a Barbie doll and there is nothing that anyone can say or do. However the insatiable Pam Anderson has made a character out of living out her Barbie dreams and no one has done it better since.
Hopefully Heidi will grow into her inner-Pam and get it right because she isn't a dummy in any sense of the word, she might have over exposed herself a bit with her sexy husband but then again, what is a little over exposure in the fickle land of arts and entertainment.
Maybe it's just me but these two really should reconsider going back together because I can't picture anyone being with either one of them but one another.
They were made for one another, kinda like Bobby and Whitney
or Brad and Jen or Ben and J-LO.
I can say if Heidi seriously don't want Mr. Pratt, I will slam-dunk him because he is beautiful, there I said it.
Ken and freaky Barbie.

C

They were made for one another, kinda like Bobby and Whitney
or Brad and Jen or Ben and J-LO.
Ken and freaky Barbie.

penny_D

Really spencer you look like ****. you look like you just came out of a cave. hiedi looks hot, and it looks like you are going to take her hostage and bring her back to your cave. you got to come wiht you becuase you bought her a ice cream.

DEBBIE

GOING THRU DIVORCE IS BAD ENOUGH HAVING TO DO IT PUBLICALLY IS WORSE. BUT FROM WHAT I CAN TELL FROM THE LITTLE BIT I WATCHED THE SHOW....SHE IS BETTER OF WITH OUT THAT CONTROL FREAK. IF I WERE HER I WOULD HIRE A BODY GUARD, HE IS SO WHACKED THAT SHE SHOULD FEAR FOR HER LIFE...I THINK HE WOULD HURT HER.

Robin

What designer is her handbag?

Leah

What really disgusting me is the USMC uniform he feels he rates to wear. At no point has that piece of crap ever earned the right to wear my Marine corps utilities! Garbage!!!! It seriously makes me sick! I worked so hard to rate that uniform and there he is not even wearing correctly! BLAH!

Tam

Spencer is crazy, everyone knew this when he first came into the hill's but i never thought he would turn into this delusional moster " which pushes everyone away from him" I really like hedi, and i think its great she's left spencer because looking at the way he's be acting god knows what happened behind closed doors i feel sorry for her. some of this is her fault but i think if she wasn't so nieve and stuck up for herself and her family he wouldn't of had that control over her. Hedi should have definalty listend to lauren. " lauren did say he wasn't good for her and she was right i bet hedi feels stupid and humiliated now" to be honest spencer and the kind of person he is doesn't deserve to be in this world. also i feel so sorry for stephanie she's so lovely and she had to put up with that as a brother. he goes on about her getting a duy well atleast she got help more than we can say for spencer who's " lost the plot compelety.
all i can say i feel so sorry for hedi's family who love her very much and spencer's family who must love him but of the pain he causes his family and what he's caused hedi's family its digusting

tiffanytragedy1

i cant believe it. heidi looks TERRIBLE!

Alane Yandell

I think it was sad how Heidi as so taken over by Spencer and forgot her family and friends just forr him. Was it a publicity stunt or what. She is better off whithout him. And her new look she looks to fake.

Previous 15 Comments | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26