Janet Jackson -- Taking it On the Road

5/28/2010 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ Janet Jackson was so "blown away" by the positive reaction to her appearance on the "American Idol" finale that she's "seriously entertaining" a concert tour ... that could begin before the end of the year.

Janet was amazing on Wednesday's "Idol" -- performing "Again," "Nothing," and "Nasty."  We're told as of today a concert tour is now on the front burner.

Miss Jackson -- who has only toured once since 2002 (and a bulk of that tour was canceled) is also set to appear at the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans on July 2.

feebee

She justed owned Kim K. with those hips!! She shook what her Momma gave her !

Sammy

Such a sweet voice & so gorgeous ♥

I enjoyed her performance, but concerts aren't really my thing.

Truth

PULEEEZ, YEA JANET DOES A GOOD SHOW BUT SHE DOESNT SING MUCH LIVE. THAT PERFORMANCE WAS LIPPED. SHE, MARIAH, AND BEYONCE ARE THE A-LISTERS IN LIP SYNCING. I WOULD INCLUDE BRIT BRIT BUT SHE CANT EVEN LIP WELL LET ALONE SING LIVE. NEXT.

mike freeland

YES I Would! I paid 75.00 per ticket when she came 2 bmore and dc. She is the essence of beauty in my Book! Been Loving her since That firt shot on tv on the Jackson's show in the 70s! You haters don't no anything, you think lady bla-bla and freaks like that are hot. please,,, I love janet so much that one christmas, i turn the 12 day of christmas to to the 12 days to janet! We had a blast singing it. wanna hear it, here it go!

The 12 days to Janet (all in one, you go through the whole thing at you free time.)

Onthe 12th day with Janet, all I wanna see..
12 minute hug
11soft kisses
10 rope burns
9autographs
8souvineers
7 dances routines
6female dances
TIE ME TO A CHAIR!!!!
4velvet ropes
3back stage passess
2front row tickets
and a smaile as she turns and waves to me...

Thats right! I have what i call my personal sickness "Janet-titis Demita-isis Jackson-nosis!

Love you JDJ!

Illinois person

Loved the new short do. She still has it and rocked the house. Concert would be nice (saw her a couple of times already) but the overall problem is that she's kind of prone to canceling shows and that pisses people off. Other than that, go for - heck some people (Jimmy Buffet) that's all they do is tour year after year after year.

Susan

Yes, her dancers were, but she didn't dance at all. Again, she strutted. No one every ripped of dance routines from Janet Jackson. She ripped them off from people, especially from her brother.

21. Great performance the other night, her dancers were awesome & great choreography. An original, rather see her than these other performers who just bite off dance routines from her and Trying Too hard, to the point where they look ridiculous. IMO

Posted at 4:25 AM on May 28, 2010 by Grump

squeakermama

Nope I'm not feeling the shorter hair at all. I think it ages her.

lola

Xtina is an amazing singer but nobody talk about her. I don't get it. JJ can't sing but she used to be a very good dancer. Her performance wasn't that great. Her dancer are great but JJ ?????

Donna

Big AZZ OR NOT! JANET IS AN ICON!!

K

She looked amazing. She is ready for the phase in her career.
I think she is ready to take it to the next level.

HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!

chicken stripper

No star should make long term career judgements from a screaming energized American Idol finale' audience. The entire audience was revved up not to see her but just to be there and for the announcement of the "winner". Love Janet and her amazing talent and stunning beauty, but we've been fed daily Jackson stories for 11 months now. Enough already!!! I would pay to see her in concert but in a venue like Vegas. She's a fabulous entertainer but over a certain age doesn't bring in the screaming teens. She's not going to draw in the "under 40" crowd by the thousands in many places in America.

Voted 4 Obama and Completed my Census

Kathy you cynical b*tch. She's black she has ass and hips. That is the way it is. I guess that's why white folks are getting implants in their azzes. Look at all the honky haters!!!!

Let's Talk Money!

hahahaha ppl always find a way to make insults on here talking about her but That's what looks good not Jennifer Aniston 12 yr old body Miley Cyrus got more curves than the ppl you maxim readers think have nice bodies

Strunz28

I would never pay $100 a ticket knowing that the bulk of, if not all, of the show is lip-synced.

Pebblebeach