Janet Jackson -- Taking it On the Road

5/28/2010 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ Janet Jackson was so "blown away" by the positive reaction to her appearance on the "American Idol" finale that she's "seriously entertaining" a concert tour ... that could begin before the end of the year.

Janet was amazing on Wednesday's "Idol" -- performing "Again," "Nothing," and "Nasty."  We're told as of today a concert tour is now on the front burner.

Miss Jackson -- who has only toured once since 2002 (and a bulk of that tour was canceled) is also set to appear at the Essence Music Festival in New Orleans on July 2.

kelly

I LOVE Janet, but I didn't think her performance was great. She lip singed and barely danced. I will pay $100 if I can see her dance like Janet Jackson dances. I don't care about the lip singing but I love her as an entertainer (dancer) and I wanna see that. Love ya Janet, but not your best performance on Idol.

Pimpcessa

I thought her performance was awful. She seems to just whisper into the mic and all she really did was walk around the stage strutting - too fat to really bust the moves. Britney did that when she made her first public appearance after she went psycho, and everyone ate her alive. Both Janet and Brit were both too fat to wear the skimpy or body hugging outfits too. How does Janet get a free pass when Brit got lambasted? Janet sounds like Michael now, at least what you could even hear from her. And her concerts are nothing more than an orgy onstage. I saw video of one of them and she pulls some guy onstage and ties him up and takes his shirt off, then proceeds to rub her body all over him and kiss him. The music was secondary to the sex show she was providing. The music was still playing but she wasn't singing. It was wierd.

Chic

She has Michael's choreography but there will never be another
Michael Jackson. I read Prince Michael II aka Blanket danced like
his father!

Love You Forever MJ RIP

No comment

Let me see, she cancelled her last tour dates by flaking out at the last minute on several shows...NO, I wouldn't pay a penny to buy a ticket, drive to the venue, pay for parking, wait inside, and then have the staff come out and say she is in the hosptial for celebrity exhaustion. Not going to buy into it...

Flippinlady

YES JANET IS FAT AZZZZ. omg I was so embarrassed for her.
AND to SING "Nasty" omg,,,,,,cover your eyes and ears kids.

Dear JANET. You should have stayed with the soft song, and the nice dress. You would have been MORE Respected.........
BUT NOPE< you had to take it off and show fat azzz and horrible lyrics to families in their living rooms....
SHAME ON YOU JANET!.

J

I'll pay $100 to do her- where does that line form?

Trevor

HER END IS LONG BEHIND HER. THE ATTENTION ON IDOL WAS JUST A SYMPATHY CLAP!

Greg

I wouldn't pay a hundred bucks to f*** her let alone pay a hundred buck to see her lip-sync on stage.

Missy

Sorry to disappoint some,but she didn't lipsync.I think she looked great!It would awsome to see her performing again!

Luv-Lee

JANET PLEASE GO ON TOUR!!!! WE MISS YOU PERFORMING SO MUCH!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GO ON TOUR!!!!!! YASSSSSS!!!! READING THIS REALLY MADE MY DAY!!!! I was at her RockWichu Tour and she was amazing!!! Can't nobody perform like Janet and put on a show the way that Janet can!!! :D

JANET IS THE QUEEN!!!!

Criss

I love Janet, but not a huge fan of the new 'do.

maizieful

Janet was great on American Idol. Best performance of the entire season for sure.She's true magnificent talent and not much of that theses days. Love her and brother Michael Jackson...Excellent musicians and artists!

Trish

100 bucks to listen to a bunch of screaming. no thanks.

Chloe

Many of these posts are funny and there's a bunch of weirdo's on here, some you can tell are just being smart asses, but others literally are obssesed pycho's. Janet performed good. Her brother was criticized for being over the (eccenctric) top and she is criticized for being fat, lip-synching, her hair, imitating, & SOUNDING like Michael

Larry

wasn't she on tour last year? I could have sworn that I saw her at the BOKcenter in Tulsa, OK last summer!