Prosecutor Goes After Lindsay with a Vengeance

5/29/2010 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the prosecutor in the Lindsay Lohan probation case is gunning for Lindsay in a big way ... and even plans to investigate the alcohol education program Lindsay has been attending.

0528_lindsay_lawyer_2

Sources tell TMZ L.A. County Deputy D.A. Danette Meyers believes the Right On program was covering for Lindsay when it claimed she was in compliance.  We're told Meyers believes the program violated its own rules by giving Lindsay passing marks.

TMZ broke the story ... Lindsay did not attend all of the courses within the proper time limits -- once every 7 days.  But we also reported that the program followed state guidelines -- which requires attendance at least once every 21 days.  The school also excused Lindsay's tardiness ... something officials said is common among students in their 20s.

But here's what is really interesting.  Meyers says after she finishes prosecuting a death penalty trial next week, she will "be focusing all of my efforts on Ms. Lohan's upcoming hearing."  Mind you ... Lindsay's probation case is a misdemeanor.

Meyers is even sending D.A. investigators out into the field to sniff out potential probation violations of one Lindsay Lohan.

So we ask ...

DetroitKid

I know that LiLo made her bed so lye in it so to speak. But this is a little ridiculous to waste tax payer dollars on a misdemeanor. Its almost certain with time either she will cooperate or go to jail. Give her a chance to hang herself. She has been treated fairly in the legal system an has posted bail, put a scram on.

mt

My daughter is finishing up a two year program, and the judge she appeared before I thank for being stern. It broke my heart to see what she has gone through, but the pride I have in her for standing up, being accountable,following through, and being the outstanding young adult in front of me today is more than I could ever hope for. So, I say no, it is not overkill, this is not only her life at stake it could be others that happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time with anyone who dosen't get it, to date she doesn't get it.

Anon

Not a Lindsay fan, but the prosecutor investigating Lindsay would be the best thing for her. Does anyone remember Robert Downey Jr's most troubled days? It only got worse until he landed in jail. Now his career is huge. Difference is he was always extremely talented and I'm not so sure about Lindsay.

Allen Ridak

Seems the prosecutor is a little starstruck.
Statements like "focusing all of my efforts on Ms. Lohan's upcoming hearing" just make me cringe. How pathetic is the American justice system when an actor's 3-year-old DUI case takes precedence over anything else the prosecutor has to deal with?
Get a life Danette, and give up the smokes too... your mouth looks like my cat's ass

The Raw420

Nothing new, the right on foundation as been covering for me for the last 25 years, they give me good marks for simply claiming my individual sovereignty, funny none of these people have any "jurisdiction" over Lindsey but they all somehow claim her for something she allegedly did...

The courts has no evidence of a complaining party or corpus delecti

budweediii

Real nice that the courts would rather waste their time on a minor case, such as Lohan's. TMZ you need to get over it. What did the girl do to you, that you have to dig her grave for her. So she parties, and made a few mistakes, is really that important to people who arn't personally associated with her? I hope you people don't ever **** up, karma is a bitch.

beachgal

Lindsay Lohan is the one wasting taxpayer dollars by disobeying the court's orders. The DA would be remiss and everyone would scream special treatment if she didn't address Lindsey’s non-compliance. Stupid Lindsey couldn't even adhere to the super lenient deal she got and now taxpayers are saddled with the bill for her bad behavior; people should be heckling her on the street, LOL.

samantha

That's just what Lindsay needs now. A pugnacious, grandstanding, overzealous prosecutor on her tail, trying to dig up any amount of dirt she can on her. Unfortunately for Lindsay, she won't have to look to hard.

Maybe this will be a wakeup call for Lindsay, and she can finally start ameliorating her life. I don't believe she has hit her nadir yet, so if she does spend any time behind bars (which would be negligible), maybe that will get her attention. Who knows.

George

Shouldso may of our TAX paying dollars should be spent in LILO issues? Dont we have some other crimes or criminals we could use that money for...if they nail her, it will cost 10 times the cost of an average inmate to be housed at the Jail...
Just give it a rest...this prosecutor shoud just get a real JOB

pammie8

I love the comment about people in their 20s being incapable of showing up to class on time. It's not a secret that more and more H.R. departments are being told not to hire anyone under the age of 30 due to 20-somethings not having the ability to show up on time or to perform the work for which that are hired. Hope you 20-somethings can remember the phrase "Would you like fries with that?" because you're going to need it.

Posted at 6:43 AM on May 29, 2010 by Greg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LMFAO!!! Glad Im turning 30 this year I guess! I have a great job anyways they must have just been realizing this fact when i was well into my twenties. Interesting fact though.

pammie8

55. omg get over it people! its a dui case! most people only get a fine!! seriously are you that bitter?

Posted at 7:41 AM on May 29, 2010 by samantha
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok thats cool! How about we do this. We will all get over it. We will put you in a car. Get Lohan nice and liquored up and let her drive her car straight into your car. Then if your alive or not a vegetable then you can come back and tell us if its "just a dui" and if she should just get a fine. You are seriously the biggest moron I have ever seen on tmz.

George

Just leave her alone...many people should just get a life and understand this is a minor thing...go after real crime

MissAnn

This is why you don't thumb your nose at the legal system like Lindsay has. She thinks she special and is setting a bad example for people with her nonchalant attitude towards the court system. It really doesn't matter she is only charged with a misdemenor-she has already pissed off everyone that can and will make sure her penalty is as harsh as it can be. If she would have just done as she was told, this case would be over and done with.

South Beach

If the justice system would treat Lohan as just another citizen there wouldn't be any need for the DA's office to spend any special time on this. Absurd. The budgets aren't exactly flowing over.

Asst DA wants to go into politics and is making a make for herself at the expense of the taxpayers. Predictable.

R

What a waste of taxpayer money. Go after my stupid neighbors.