Bret Michaels -- From Deathbed to 'Idol' Judge?

5/29/2010 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels returned to the stage last night in Biloxi, MS where Bret dropped a huge piece of info on the crowd -- he might be taking Simon Cowell's seat on "American Idol."

Right before Bret played the classic "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," he told the crowd, "I can't say this is true yet, cause I don't know. Next year they asked me to possibly be the judge on 'American Idol.'" Very vague, but still ...

As for the rest of the show, one audience member told us, "I figured he'd be wobbly and sitting on a stool. But he was energetic, running around the stage with his guitar. It was like when I saw Poison years ago. It was a awesome show."

UPDATE: A source close to Bret tells TMZ Bret is "in the running to replace Simon" but that nothing is close to being done yet. A rep for FOX says they are not commenting on any speculation regarding Simon's replacement. Stay tuned ...

amber

you idiots - the "medical emergencies" were a sham. Duh.

Myself and I

Thank you, Amber. It is all BS and those who think it isn't are idiots

Gary the Cat

Hah! You idiots. Of course you can't make fun of a sick person - so you pretend to be sick before you do some DOUCHE PR move to get a new gig. I enjoy sitting back and watching the losers. Dale Gribble for the win!

tiv

YOUR A DUMB AZZ AMBER MY GOD GET REAL !!

Brid

Pleeeaasse Bret Michaels and Betty White - take a rest! YOU'RE SUFFOCATING ME!

Heather

I would LOVE to see Bret as the new Idol Judge. I set up a facebook group, it's called Bret Michaels for New American Idol Judge. Please join the group and help raise support for Bret as the new AI judge.

Jill

I am sick and tired of reading about all of this guy's so-called "illnesses" All of this reeks of a big publicity Stunt. He and his headband/wig need to retire!

chelsea

he'd be an alright replacement but i think they could find someone better for the job tbh. bret DOES have charisma but... i don't know. he just doesn't seem like he'd be a good choice for a permanent judge, a guest judge.. sure. besides, this guy has almost died twice in the past month, he needs his rest. chill out bret!

PT Barnum

Enough of this BS attention whore. I don't believe for one minute he was as sick as he claimed to be. He made much more of it for publicity sake. What a phoney! He couldn't get arrested a year ago and now we can't get away from him! He is a middle-aged, fake hair wearing, no talent, has been tryiing to stay famous and it looks like you guys are happy to buy the entire bridge. LMFAO!

He may as well change his last name to Kardashian. It translates to mean: "Famous for no real reason or talent".

sharon dewitt

this would be the only way id watch it ,love this guy nothing keeps him down

PT Barnum

dawn

Bret would make a GREAT judge on AI!!

TCS

Perfect...Why not add one more judge who can't sing...

Tinalouise

Bret did Rock Of Love for the money,,obviously. I understand that his girlfriend Kristy was always the one for him and this was just a bunch of crap for the money. He is making money now and doing well since everyone seen what a nice and quite a smart guy he really is, everyone wants a piece of him now and if he can make the money anyway he can to support his kids then all the power to him!! STFU haters who just want him to sit on his ass and collect welfare...

April

Honestly, the only part of AI I watched this season were the beginning picks, and the finale. I thought after the firing/not asking Paula back as a judge that the show would be so altered that it would be a disappointment. I was correct in my speculations.
That being said; I would watch if Bret Michaels were to become a replacement for Simon. I agree that Simon's shoes will never be able to be filled. Yet, since that door is closed, the show needs someone like Bret to carry the weight and keep the viewers interested and entertained. He was one of the only reasons I tuned in every week to Celeb. Apprentice.

Yes, I vote for Bret as judge!!!