Bret Michaels -- From Deathbed to 'Idol' Judge?

5/29/2010 2:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels returned to the stage last night in Biloxi, MS where Bret dropped a huge piece of info on the crowd -- he might be taking Simon Cowell's seat on "American Idol."

Right before Bret played the classic "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," he told the crowd, "I can't say this is true yet, cause I don't know. Next year they asked me to possibly be the judge on 'American Idol.'" Very vague, but still ...

As for the rest of the show, one audience member told us, "I figured he'd be wobbly and sitting on a stool. But he was energetic, running around the stage with his guitar. It was like when I saw Poison years ago. It was a awesome show."

UPDATE: A source close to Bret tells TMZ Bret is "in the running to replace Simon" but that nothing is close to being done yet. A rep for FOX says they are not commenting on any speculation regarding Simon's replacement. Stay tuned ...

JoAnn

I think Bret would be the best choice to take Simons place. He is a singer who has been around for a long time so he would really have a lot of great advice for the contestants. I really like his personality. He would make a great 4th judge.

LA

I vote Bret, but PLEASE Update your look from the bandana and (wig?) It's old & outdated (boring). He doesn't have to go too short but shoulder length or what Bon Jovi did and no bandana in EVERY appearance.

Ty

Dont mean to be err mean, but cant he play anything else but Every rose has.. Is this the only worthwhile song from Poison? I cannot remember any other right now but if thats the only one then how capable can one be as a judge really. It doesnt matter how many albums you have, what matters is how much good music have you writen.

justagirl

He'd better get the $$$$ now....because he'll be dead by next year if he really had everything he claims to have had.

marg

Rock of love? Ugh.

Sloane

this would help rehabilitate his image the way The Apprentice did

he needs to distance himself from his Rock of Love days-he should- not want to end up a caricature of himself- and this may be another opportunity to do so

easier to do now that America has seen another side to him recently

Jasmine

Sign To Get Megan Back On Transformers 3

Suzanne

I really didn't think I'd ever watch Idol again after this last boring season. The only good things about it was Crystal and seeing Bret walk out on stage. BUT I will watch if he's the 4th judge!!!

sanah

I think the whole thing was a ruse...first he's dying then he is performing, mostly I'm sure to make sure he has his chance at Simon's seat. Never have been able to stomach the fakir...

And thats the truth

Considering Ryan was a radio DJ before he found his fame in front of the camera, I would say Bret would be much better because he is a musician and knows more about the business.

9. I never watched idol before and I won't start watching to see Mr. 80s Bandana either.

Posted at 10:42 AM on May 29, 2010 by weed

________________________________________________________________________

Let me tell you mr. "weed" there are millions of women that think Bret is one sexy azz man, including my 83 year old Mother! Jealous much?

amber

52. YOUR A DUMB AZZ AMBER MY GOD GET REAL !!

Posted at 12:17 PM on May 29, 2010 by tiv
---------------------
Tiv, you're the type of dumb ass who would believe this bull. You public school idiot. Find an apostrophe if you're going to call someone dumb in the same sentence.

hammygeek

I think Bret would be a very good Idol judge because he is smart, he certainly knows music and he would definitely spice up the show. It would be nice to have a judge who actually plays music and sings as a judge.
I do hope however, that Bret heeds the doctor's advice and takes it easy for awhile. After the ordeal he went through he owes it to himself and his family to take it easy and completely mend before trying to take on too much.

Mike

I would watch American Idol just to watch bret michaels every week. He needs to become the next judge.

Gary the Cat

Bret has Octomom lips!

Moonflower

I'm glad Bret Michaels is on the mend and everything, but let's be honest: the guy couldn't sing in the 80's and he can't sing now. He just kind of talks, not sings to the music. I don't think he's the person to judge anyone's singing. Anyway I think Idol should be laid to rest now. This season was horrible.