Peter Fonda: I Was 'Blessed' to Know Dennis Hopper

5/29/2010 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Peter Fonda, Dennis Hopper's close friend and "Easy Rider" co-star, gave TMZ this statement on Hopper's passing:

"Dennis introduced me to the world of Pop Art and 'lost' films. We rode the highways of America and changed the way movies were made in Hollywood. I was blessed by his passion and friendship."

Hopper passed away today at the age of 74.

Kitty Angel

R.I.P. Easy Rider!!!

HolidayWeekendDeath

First Gary, Now Dennis... It's a sad celebrity weekend!

Laura

I wish the two of you had worked together more. Easy Rider was one of the first movies I saw that left me with that much impact. Of course I was hiding out on the basement steps watching it on 35mm. My dad was a projectionist and we had many good movies, but none ever left me with such a clear memory of a really good film. It was ahead of the times back then. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

beachy

Condolences to his family.

I have to wonder why this is such a big deal. He made a couple of movies WAY BACK WHEN, was a doper and that's his claim to fame. I'm 51 and barely know anything about him.

He was never a big star (except for Easy Rider - which was Easily forgotten).

Anyway, I wish his family Godspeed. To TMZ - enough.

Milan Jackson

He was a damned good director as well. His film Paris Trout and his role as the infamous Frank in Blue Velvet are standouts. Old Hollywood is dying out. He will be missed. Thanks for the films Dennis!

uglysexy

He was so much more interesting than peter fonda...but I do love bridgette fonda

Sylvia

Gary Coleman & Dennis Hopper, you will greatly be missed.It was an honor to let us see you and bring smiles to us in your work.

It's that rapper lifestyle thing

R. I. P., Dennis. Your suffering has ended. May God provide your family and friends with comfort and serenity. May that "wife" of yours received about 25 cents.

HolidayWeekendDeath

It comes in three's... I hate to say it, but who is next?

James

God speed sweet prince

Dick Whippler

Dennis was a true and genuine dude, I am saddened by his passing. I loved everything he was part of as he was always a favorite of mine. To his wife, I hope you die the most heinous, violent and vicious death, preferably at the hands of another human being, you truly are a P.O.S. that doesn't deserve ****!!!!!

Laura

It came in three, Gary,Dennis,Art l. It should be over!

sean

He was great in Waterworld to #4 you are a 51 year old idiot ..

Old Man

He wasn't born to follow and he never did....Dennis you will be missed.....

WHATEVER

Funny how people who have no clue about what was going on between Dennis and his wife are passing judgement on her. No one knows exactly what was happening between them, and if he passed on doesn't make him a saint to be married to. It's possible she had no other choice but to fight legally while he was still living.

Peter Fonda is a cool guy and I'm glad he had a great friendship with Dennis. Peter lost his mother as a child ,and his dad Henry was famously sort of cold and distant. Out of that bleakness came two highly interesting people and great actors. Jane Fonda and Peter Fonda.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments