Bruce Beresford-Redman: 'I Am Innocent'

5/31/2010 7:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bruce Beresford-Redman is finally speaking out through his lawyer and proclaiming his innocence as reports surface he has been charged in the murder of his wife.

The state attorney general in Mexico told the AP a judge has issued a warrant for the former "Survivor" producer's arrest. Beresford-Redman, who spent the day with his kids (see above), released this statement:

"Monica was the axis around which our whole family revolved. From her sisters and parents to my parents and of course to our children and me, she was everything to us.

"I am devastated at her loss; and I am incensed at the suggestion that I could have had anything to do with her death. I am innocent. My children have had one parent taken from them by a senseless act of violence. I implore the Mexican authorities not to take their remaining parent by a miscarriage of justice and to do what is right not just what is expedient."

His attorney, Richard Hirsch, said in part, "Mr. Beresford-Redman is innocent of this crime and is prepared to defend himself in a court of law."

donna

Ugh, the hairs on the back of my neck just stood up. This 'not me, poor me, I wouldn't possibly kill a woman, I mean my wife schtick is getting old. BooHoo...not!

Lori

His statement was taken right from the O.J. Statement book....I think he should join forces with O.J. and they can together search for their wives killers!

Lori

Susan

If he is innocent and will fight charges within the law why is he fighting extradition. That is not facing the charges. This was premeditated. Went to a country with no death penalty, 4 to 20 years if convicted. Please give us with a brain some credit.

azlee

my only question, is if this is so.........why were you cheating on her? I know it takes two to make a marriage work, but why were you stepping out?

If the world turned around her, why didn't it then?

Bruce

JLS

Expedient? You think Mexico is just doing what's easy and fast? It's been almost TWO months! I believe you planned the trip, murdered her, and stuffed her body in the sewer. If you are innocent, go back to Mexico and face the trial. It's clear you ran back to the USA because you KNEW they had enough to convict you and you wanted to drag this out for years through extradition. BASTARD!

Jessica

This guy is innocent.

bety vazquez

He did not ask for his wife's body while he was in Cancun, he answered the police questions and he traveled to Merida and he never came back to Cancun in order to know what happened with her murder.

When Monica's sisters arrived to Cancun, they made all the arrangements and they took her body to USA.

JLS

Why is he hiding up here in the USA if he's so innocent? It's clear why he hurried home to the USA. Couldn't he just divorce her? I don't think his mother and dad are any better. They lie to the kids.

tiv

(JLS) He was there over a month ??? What was he suppose to do just sit there forever while his kids just lost their mom He needed to see his kids and im sure he had other things to take care of too !! Seems wierd soon as he came home they charge him now i dont belive he killed his wife and Mexico sure dosnt want it to be one of theirs no one would got there again

WordOutlet

. t\That video shows what a good father he is. Someone who cares that much about the welfare and happiness of their children would never harm the kids mother.
Posted at 6:14 PM on May 31, 2010 by Bruce
-------------------------

Yes, as soon as I see a guy swinging his kid (looking bored out of his brains) I know - at this point - the guy is an angel!

Swinging the kids! That's the sure-fire way to tell anyone on earth is innocent. The litmus test, if you will.

Well-spotted Bruce!!! You could teach those lazy fat cats in gov departments a thing or two about integrity, honesty and justice!

tiv

(wordoutlet) dont get what your saying how can you find him guilty just from rag mags and TMZ i havent heard any proof he killed her where are you getting your info??? that you think he is so guilty ???

cadreamer

Yeah right, murderer!! An innocent husband who loved his wife would be on an f-ing CRUSADE right now to find her killer! Please. Why was this guy in and out of his room 11 times that night? The hotel showed that the key was used 11 times throughout the night. And just because there was crime at the resort does not make this idiot innocent. He and his wife were overheard having raging fights. Then, he goes in/out of his room ELEVEN times the night of her murder.

No one should feel sorry for this guy. He's a murderer.

suesch1950

Glad to hear of the arrest warrant. Hopefully, he won't run and be sent back to Mexico to be tried.