« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Former NASCAR Driver Arrested for Attempted Rape

5/31/2010 12:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0531_jimmy_neal_ex_01Former NASCAR driver Jimmy Neal got out of jail early this morning -- and now he's headed right back ... after he was arrested hours later for attempted rape.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Neal got out of jail at around 1:30 AM -- after serving about two weeks for felony evading while driving recklessly. We're told Neal then went to the home of a woman in Lake Forest, CA at around 3:00 AM and police were called three hours later for a disturbance.

When police arrived, we're told the woman (who claims she had only met Neal once before) told officers Neal attempted to rape her.

Law enforcement sources tell us Neal was transported to a local hospital rather than jail because he complained of chest pains.

When he is medically cleared, he will be booked for attempted rape and false imprisonment.

Neal was a NASCAR driver in the 1980s -- he never won a national race.

UPDATE: Neal was booked into custody and a burglary charge was added. Bail has been set for $1,000,000.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Trainwrecks

been a nascar fan for longer than probably most here have been alive and let me just say this about jimmy neal ....

WHO the Fack is Jimmy Neal?????

Ellis Z

I agree with Trainwrecks ... I've been a fan long enough to remember watching Richard Petty race and I've never heard of this idiot.

Rusty Schackelford

WHO'S HIGH-PITCH?

Abe

Lake Forest is in Orange County, CA, and Orange County is the crime capital of the frigging world. I hope he gets the frigging death penalty. Execute all NASCAR drivers. The crime rate would drop considerably.

Abe

And while you're at it, execute all NASCAR fans. The crime rate would then drop to ZERO.

Christy Martin

This guy can not be classified as a "Nascar star." He never even drove in the Cup series that most people think about when they hear the word "NASCAR." He drove in the west series that has about 3 fans.

Abe, you're an idiot. If the world worked your way, just because this no-name ******* did something stupid, let's paint a completely unrelated series with your broad brush.

In that case, maybe we should execute everyone named Abe. It wouldn't rid the world of sarcasm and idiocy.

Professor Obvious

I've read these comments, especially by Abe who is calling for the summary execution of all NASCAR drivers and fans. At first I thought this Abe character is a real lunatic, but I've given careful consideration to this and as outrageous as Abe's solution sounds, it has considerable merit. I think that many problems in our society can be directly attributed to NASCAR. I'd like to add my voice to those who are seeking the death penalty for NASCAR and their sympathizers.

Horndog

What is NASCAR? Do they offer a dental plan and GED tutoring to fans? Is it something that Brittney Spears' family would enjoy?

Tina

The thing I find most amazing about this story is the old fart might be able to get it up.

herbert83

Plain and simple LOSER, out driving all tore up, gets out of jail early in the morning and proceeds to rape someone, LOSER

anna

Jamie McMurray ROCKS!!

Missy

NASCAR is a hobby followed by everyone in the trailer park circuit. Butt scratching, burp lovers unite for an evening out. Take your babies to listen to loud engines and inhale all the smoke you want free!

John

I like how they call this dumbass local NASCAR division driver a "NASCAR" driver. Come on TMZ you fkn dimwits. You're trying to relate this guy to to NASCAR Sprint Cup because that's what people know, but this guy was a nobody, and never came close to being anybody in a a REAL NASCAR series.

troopaD

not surprised, nascar is a lame hillbilly sport. stupid rednecks! bowling is more of a sport than nascar, and my grandma bowls.

Melissa

I agree with most of the posters, who the hell is this guy..never heard of him. However, calling down those that like NASCAR is just stupid. There are a ton of well educated, wealthy people that watch and take part in NASCAR. There are hill billies in every sport. Ever been to a UFC or MMA fight night? A hockey game? The hill billy red necks walk amongst us all.

I am not a huge fan of NASCAR but to say people that like it are hill billies is just naive.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments