Al and Tipper Gore Separate

6/1/2010 1:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Al Gore and his wife of 40 years, Tipper, are separating.

0601_al_gore_tipper_gore_Getty_BN_02

The couple wrote an email that found its way to Politico, saying, "We are announcing today that after a great deal of thought and discussion, we have decided to separate."

The email continues, "This is very much a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration."

The couple has 4 kids.

Roughly one year ago today -- the couple's daughter Kristin Gore filed for divorce from her husband Paul Cusack.

matthew Hester

I bet Billy (Mr. Clinton) is saying "that's my boy Al, That's my boy"

psde

im gay give me that cute daddy lol

me

They both need to lose weight. They don't look like they did 40 years ago.

Lonnie

Both proud members of a political party that thinks straight people can marry whoever they want and cheat on them, but I can't have the same rights. Democratic Party = Hypocrites.

Mav Da Pilot

"Cover Story" Not buying it! No-one has seen Da Tipster for months....look at Al's "FATASS" he obviously has "EATEN" her!

calvin Broadus

She figured out what many of us already know: Her husband made tens of millions selling completely phony science.

Mav Da Pilot

Reminds me of an interview I saw a couple of months ago. This couple had been married over 70 years. When they asked the man what was the key to the longevity of their marriage? He stated, well its pretty simple how we managed to stay married so long, the "OLD BITCH" just will not DIE!

Kim

Al Gore is such an azz. It's surprising she stomached him as long as she has.

Sam

Their sex life was too hot, contributing to too much heavy breathing, producing too much CO2. Al couldn't take the guilt.

Irene

Can you blame her?? I can't imagine having to listen to that blowhard constantly.

timsami

Tipper wants a real man...she is tired of the fact that he [Al] is hung like a vienna sausage.

Mindy

Does Tipper have an actual name? Surely nobody names their kid Tipper. Oh, well...maybe it was the inspiration for Trig and Track.

Zippy T. Pinhead

I would have been surprised if she lasted 40 minutes with that blow-hard.......

Get a Nose Job, please!!!

Good for Tipper. Al is such a liar. Remember when he said he invented the Internet? Tipper may have found someone. Certainly no woman would go after Gore the Bore. Do Hillary and Bill live together? She will never leave him. She is too ambitious and is nothing without old horny Bill.

schoen1

I'm surprised about this. I think he claimed at one point that Love Story was based on their story, although, of course the ending wouldn't be the same, since they're both still alive. And he also claimed that he invented the Internet, which was really invented by Vinton Cerf and others.