Al and Tipper Gore Separate

6/1/2010 1:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Al Gore and his wife of 40 years, Tipper, are separating.

0601_al_gore_tipper_gore_Getty_BN_02

The couple wrote an email that found its way to Politico, saying, "We are announcing today that after a great deal of thought and discussion, we have decided to separate."

The email continues, "This is very much a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration."

The couple has 4 kids.

Roughly one year ago today -- the couple's daughter Kristin Gore filed for divorce from her husband Paul Cusack.

juju

For all of you so critical of Al Gore...
Al Gore graduated from Harvard in 1969 - with his priviledged background he could have gotten a dozen deferrments from Vietnam, His father told him that he would support whatever decision he made(both father and son were opposed to the war).
The actor, Tommy Lee Jones, Gore's roommate at the time said that Al went ahead and enlisted in the Army(he could have gone Natl Guard). The reason for this, Jones said, is because Gore stated that "if I don't go someone else will just have to in my place."
Hmmmmmmmmm....Geo W Bush went for the natl guard and never saw a day in Vietnam(and hardly showed up for duty). **** Cheney got not 1, not 2, but THREE deferrment to get of serving in Vietnam. Al Gore served IN VIETNAM from 1969-71.
If I had to chose the man with the morals, values, and character, it would be AL GORE.

And anyone's marriage breaking up after 40 years, be they red or blue, is sad.
What critical minded little people you are to be so cruel when someone's marriage is over.

Dumped Him

I'd bet my house Al was having affairs for a long time.

Hey Tipper, did you get the "I love you but I'm not in love with you" speech?

marshy

I always thought he acted a little feminine - my bet is he's gay!

Gay To The Gore

Al Gore is gayer than Harvey Feinstein. I don't know why people can't see it from the way he talks and the way he moves. Tipper just got tired of bearding for him.
Give it a few months, Al will reveal his long-time male lover.

Gigi

Gee a moron and a colossal prude, I'm amazed it lasted this long.

susie

What I find most astonishing about this story is that a vast majority of the people commenting on it seem to be unaware of the well publicized affair that Gore had with one of his staffers (paid for with political contributions, and producing a child with his mistress while his wife is battling cancer, and covered up by his campaign manager). It's a huge political scandal-- how are so many of you so clueless about this? If it was happening to a Sheen or a Lohan, you'd know about it-- but since it's a member of the favored /liberal/ political class, you've been held in the dark. Time to grow up and realize there are things more important that TV "stars". Al Gore could have actually been leader of the free world, give or take a few hundred votes (shudder).

He's a sociopath. And was given protection by the media you frequent.

cmk

There is ONE and only ONE reason why someone gets divorced after 40 years and we all know what it is. I will be sitting by my computer waiting for TMZ to break the story about exactly which young bimbo busted up the marriage. Eventually there will be a Barbara Walters exclusive with the other woman. And finally, if she is young and hot enough, a playboy spread.

cmk

For 105. That was Edwards, not Gore.

bigfeetpjs

I don't believe this is surprise to me, I was thinking that they are made for each other!

uhHuh

I smell a hooker & Gloria ALLred.

Grump

Rachel Itchysmell must've threatened to talk about their afffair! Next>>>

I think Gloria is coming I hear the sirens from afar!

heather

this is in response to awards comment-he didnt invent the internet stupid he was vice president!

mrspatrickcampbell

Al is rumored to be horse-hung, but without photo verificatia these are only rumors!

sanityrose

This story is as exciting as the Gore's themselves. Yea, Al is an amazing contribution to the world. Tipper is...well a pain in the ass IMO.

It's reported, yea or nah for them and their family...now back to that impending doom of an apocalypse lol.

w.arnold

Your all wrong...these kind don't mind a sleep around..its the MONEY..the MONEY...the MONEY. Somewhere in the split they will figure out how to keep most if not all of the ill-gotten GW money!