Al and Tipper Gore Separate

6/1/2010 1:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Al Gore and his wife of 40 years, Tipper, are separating.

0601_al_gore_tipper_gore_Getty_BN_02

The couple wrote an email that found its way to Politico, saying, "We are announcing today that after a great deal of thought and discussion, we have decided to separate."

The email continues, "This is very much a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration."

The couple has 4 kids.

Roughly one year ago today -- the couple's daughter Kristin Gore filed for divorce from her husband Paul Cusack.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

mmc

It's sad when such a long time marriage breaks up.Marriage is never easy even if you love your partner more than anything.I've been married for 44 years and so many things get in the way through the years.I just hope the rumors about him having an affair with Laurie David are not true.That would tick me off because I always said to my husband ...if you want to cheat then be man enough to tell me and then go. Don't try to have your cake and eat it too because someone always gets left with the crumbs!!!!

Kay

Good for them...too many people stay in loveless marriages.

I believe it it inhumane to ask 2 people to stay together for a life time.

Now they can both live their lives as they please.

Cheers!

Genevieve B.

Tipper is a racist, the poster-witch for censorship of the arts, and possibly the least sincere person I've had the misfortune to meet. This says something considering that I lived a number of years in Los Angeles.

Al is bland wrapped in boring with a side order of dull. Beyond that, he's a decent human being especially compared to most of his peers. He should have set her out by the curb with his recycling years ago.

jusitn

Who knew the Gores will be divorced instead of the Clintons???

carl

He is a Liar and a cheat and all of you green people are retarded

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8