Fight Over Monica Burgos' Body

6/2/2010 4:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0601_monica_burgos_exThere's a family fight brewing over plans to cremate Monica Burgos Beresford-Redman's body ... TMZ has learned.

Sources tell TMZ Bruce Beresford-Redman never authorized cremation of Monica's body, contrary to what Monica's family is now alleging.

We're told when Bruce was being interviewed by Mexican authorities, they told him he must arrange for transportation of the body to the U.S. -- but that was the extent of it.  We're told Bruce was asked to sign a document, but he claims it was about transportation, not cremation.

Sources say Bruce gave his credit card to one of Monica's sisters to handle the transportation issue... and that was it.  But Carla Burgos tells TMZ her family never received a credit card from Bruce -- her family took care of everything.

Ultimately, Monica's body was not cremated and it was returned to L.A.

JLS

Why would this azz care what is done with her body? He killed her and then stuffed that same body in a Mexican sewer ! He is the worst of humans!

hehe

hey tmz, there are less people that care about this story than you realize. cut back on the updates ok?

joanna

first and foremost this is such a tragedy,two small beautiful babies lost thier mother,to the hands of a monster,to which whom dumped her body in a sewer like garbage,and its so obvious who did it,he needs to be bought to justice already,he's gotten away with it long enough,they really do need to bury her already and let her r.i.p.

electriczipper

maybe she commited suicide and threw herself into the mexican sewer...all because she had always wanted to be a banker

gypsylatinafla/commentssense

hooo dis ?

Guest

This man killed his wife! He is another Scott Peterson.

Gunnergirl

The whole situation is sad sad sad. The children have lost their mother. Along with EVERYTHING ELSE, will the kids have to know that their Mother's remains were dealt with in such a manor???
Some may say Monica's sister may be a bit over the top, but hey,
if I lost my sister under these cir***stances I would be totally nuts!

Gunnergirl

Some may say Monica's sister may be a bit over the top, but hey,
if I lost my sister under these cir***stances I would be totally nuts!

Gunnergirl

Some may say Monica's sister may be a bit over the top, but hey,
if I lost my sister under these cir***stances I would be totally nuts!

Gunnergirl

The whole situation is sad sad sad. The children have lost their mother. Along with EVERYTHING ELSE, will the kids have to know that their Mother's remains were dealt with in such a manner???
Some may say Monica's sister may be a bit over the top, but hey,
if I lost my sister under these cir***stances I would be totally nuts!

samantha

I really hope a sniper's bullet finds its way in to Bruce's head, and splits it open like a cantalope. I want that guy to bleed. Now that would bring in some ratings. An eye for an eye. Dead man walking.

Brian

I still don't get it. Why would this guy kill his wife??? I'm not saying he didn't, but why would he? The more I read about him the better his life sounds before the murder. I just don't get it.

JVM Fan

Now there is a war over her body?? So Sad!!!!!Jane Velez-Mitchell will have guests on her show "Issues" TONIGHT (CNN Headline News Channel, 4pm PST or 7pm EST) to talk about who is likely to win.

jo

How would you feel if a sick bastard killed your sister and stuffed her boddy in the sewer..jerk???