Hurley from 'LOST' --

My Dog

'Died in My Arms'

6/1/2010 6:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jorge Garcia -- who played Hurley on "Lost" -- claims the island has taken another life ... and this time it's his precious chihuahua Nunu.

Garcia took to his blog yesterday, saying his dog Nunu had been run over by a car on Sunday -- right before he left for the airport on the island of Oahu ... where they filmed a bunch of stuff for "Lost."

"She died in my arms," Garcia explained ... adding, "We are burying her in the Pet Garden at Valley of the Temples in Kaneohe. Nunu hated the water so we couldn't bring ourselves to having her ashes scattered in the ocean."

R.I.P.

GG

sorry for his dog BUT that must be a VERY slow news day, right TMZ? who cares?

Cleo

Having a small dog myself, a Minpin, I know accidents can happen, little dogs are squirmy, and quick runners.

If you read the story this was right before he was headed to the airport. Dogs get anxious during moves, or when their beloved owners leave on vacation or what not. It causes them to act out, and panic.

Don't assume that every dog that gets hit by a car was due to the negligence of the dog owner.

Dan

agreed... look at all these pretentious dog owners spouting venom at someone who lost a dog.. Any compassion? I'm surprised your dogs are still alive with the lack of love in your home!

Rudy

Poor Nunu! Maybe he could adopt or even sponsor a couple of homeless Chihuahuas as a tribute. God knows there's plenty out there needing help.

Rescuedog

Ugh. Poor Jorge and poor dog.

FYI, Kailua is not an island. It is a town near Honolulu on the island of Oahu.

C

How in the he** is this newsworthy?

lap123

I read Jorge's blog all the time. Trust me Nunu was a very loved very well taken care of dog. She was his baby. I am sure he wouldn't have do anything to put her in danger. Accidents happen, maybe some commenters need to ask why they are so quick to be so negative and judgmental. My prayers go out to Jorge. I know his heart is breaking. RIP Nunu

Glenda

I hate hearing things like this, makes me cry.

So sad. Sorry for your lose.

R.I.P.

Gene

When we were living out in the country I allowed my precious Jack to run free with the big dogs, and he got hit by a SUV, broke both back hips, told he wouldn't make it or if he did he wouldn't walk again. After months of TLC and self invented Doggie rehab, he made it all the way! However, I never again let him run free, unless we are in an enclosed Doggie park or fenced in yard. Jack is now 11 yrs. old and going strong, but I live with the guilt every day. I love this dog, he's got the strongest Heart&Spirit I've ever seen, human or canine. Viva la Jack!

DeeZeeLove

Lol Nunu mean vagina in Hawaiian... and Kialua is for sure a city not an island

Mia

It's so sad, so sorry for Jorge, R.I.P. Nunu :(
To the people making hateful comments, you really suck. How would you feel if your dog got killed ... and don't say it couldn't happen.

Woody McBrreairty

Is this slob asking for sympathy? Is he using his innocent dead dog for some publicity & attention for himself? This man is a creep. Why wasn't his little dog in his arms BEFORE SHE DIED, and not after. If you are allowed to have another dog, creep. keep it on a leash and try to take care of it - if you can't do that, then don't have a dog - you don't deserve one.

CCC

This site, (and the world in general), is filled with mean, uncaring and irritable people. This guy lost his beloved pet and all that a lot of you do is spout out mean spirited and hateful comments. Even if it was his fault that the dog got loose, it is probably killing him. Have some heart, people.

Lizzie

I pray you mourn, but WITHOUT using FOOD, FOOD, FOOD, FOOD, FOOD
like it is appearent you DO!!!!!!!!!!!

timsami

To: NuNu
Farewell to you, Farewell to you,
The charming one who dwells in the shaded bowers,
One fond embrace, 'Ere I depart,