Hurley from 'LOST' --

My Dog

'Died in My Arms'

6/1/2010 6:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jorge Garcia -- who played Hurley on "Lost" -- claims the island has taken another life ... and this time it's his precious chihuahua Nunu.

Garcia took to his blog yesterday, saying his dog Nunu had been run over by a car on Sunday -- right before he left for the airport on the island of Oahu ... where they filmed a bunch of stuff for "Lost."

"She died in my arms," Garcia explained ... adding, "We are burying her in the Pet Garden at Valley of the Temples in Kaneohe. Nunu hated the water so we couldn't bring ourselves to having her ashes scattered in the ocean."

R.I.P.

note4

Sorry to hear about the accident and loss of a beloved pet. People get distracted, are imperfect, and accidents happen. Sometimes that is how we learn in this life. Few of us are perfect or all wise.

NuNu would want his human to find the heart to adopt a shelter dog and give that one a chance at the good life.

JLyn

I've been following Jorge's blog for a while now to know that he was a responsible pet owner. And when I saw his original post it made me cry. Jorge loved that dog.

Shame on those who have no compassion.

NoBreederRat

"It breaks my heart to tell you that yesterday as we were preparing to all go to the airport Nunu was struck by a car as she crossed the street," he said.

Don't defend this guy. It was a chihuahua. They aren't known for leaping out of people's arms and running into traffic. He clearly says "she" was crossing the street, not "we" but "she" so he wasn't near her or with her and she was loose.

Do not sell pets to stupid people!

Gigi

As a Chihuahua Mommy this broke my heart! So sorry to hear about your baby!

Ali

Jeez...some of you people are scary crazy in these posts. You know, mistakes happen and dogs are ANIMALS. It's kinda sad that we live in a society where you're an evil person for letting a DOG walk outside without a five foot leash. jesus christ, smoke a joint people. Come out to the country and let your dog run around a little, trust me, they enjoy it more than being held in your purse or being walked through a city on a leash. Sheesh

Keith

As a dog lover this story just breaks my heart

PaulyS

This place is Troll heaven...

People who leave this kind of spite are just projecting their own self hatred. I pity them.

RIP Nunu

Cookie

Aww... May she rest in peace.

Sparkle

All the miserable trolls making hateful comments, just save it. It must be a sad and lonely existence that you have to come on here and say such cruel things about someone who just lost their dog. Show some human decency and compassion. You people make me sick. Daniel, don't you have any authority around here? I've followed your Lost Diary from TMZ to your own site for years and I have to say, I've lost a lot of respect for you to allow these kind of terrible comments.

Grump

Aww... Now NuNu will be with my Princess and Coco. That's sad, mistakes happen, makes you no better or worse if your dog accidentaly died. It's not like he put the dog into a ring to fight.. geez these comments on here.

R.I.P NuNu. ="(

electriczipper

the dog did not get run over..he mistook it for some roast beef and put it on a sub roll and wolfed it down..then fat boy relized when his sub started barking that he screwed up.but he kept on chewing..rip taco bell dog

LoLa

A
V
E
N
!

RAM

This is old news TMZ! You guys have last weeks news. RIP Nunu.

kira

k his damn dog died..u ppl thinkin bout his leash ..he knows he made a mistake..u ppl keep askin well wheres the leash ...hurely aint gon answer u...its life

johnnie

I KNOW HOW YOU MUST FEEL, MY LITTLE DOXIE OF 13 YEARS DIED IN MY ARMS. THAT WAS THE HARDEST THING I HAVE EVER HAD TO DO. IT HAS BEEN A LONG TIME BUT I STILL CRY WHEN I THINK ABOUT HIM, HIS NAME WAS PERKAT. SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments