Lindsay Lohan Can Take Meds for Dental Surgery

6/1/2010 9:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It might seem like bad timing -- that Lindsay Lohan was ordered last week to submit to random drug testing, just days before she had her wisdom teeth pulled ... but we've learned Lindsay got a pass from probation.

media_removed_250.jpg

Lindsay's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, tells TMZ, "We advised the Probation Department of the dental appointment, which was made well in advance of last week's court hearing."  Chapman says she assured the probation officer she would provide "documentation about any medications that Lindsay would be taking, which would be administered or prescribed as part of the procedure."

So whatever sedative Lindsay got in the oral surgeon's office, and whatever she's taking for the pain ... won't count on the drug test.

Greg

Oh please. I had all four of my wisdom teeth pulled at the same time and I didn't need anything stronger than Advil. I also didn't have my faced wrapped like that either.

Allen Ridak

Cool, this way when she eventually flips out she can claim she had a Mischa Moment. Wisdom teeth removal is fun!!

Kim

Unbelievable. How convenient that she just happened to schedule this surgery for right now. I knew she would find a way to get her fix. Seeing the comments here, seems most people have this girl figured out. This young woman is really in trouble. She is simply an addict. No drugs means no drugs. Reschedule! Ridiculous! This girl is going to wind up dead! I am very surprised the judge allowed this. If someone responsible doesn't step in and fast, we're going to be reading about her overdose, which i sincerely hope does not happen. Her family should be ashamed of themselves. Her friends are not friends but enablers. Her lawyer is not doing her any favors by protecting and concealing her habit. I certainly hope this judge steps up! I certainly hope someone does.

Cartman

You gotta admire her avoidance of sobriety. This procedure also paves the way for alcohol use because she will no doubt have to use plenty of mouthwash(a.k.a. Vodka) while her mouth heals, doctor's orders! LOL

Shaydie

Please. She had her chin done because she has a saggy, double chin, even though she's skinny.

Osiris Reborn

There's a good chance she just had impacted wisdom teeth, those tend to be more of an issue when it comes to extraction and usually it does require vicodin, specially if one doesn't have a high toleration for pain. But if this is a stunt in order for her to get a lil high while she's got that lovely ankle bracelet on, bravo for finding a loophole.

As I've said before, I don't think the legal system has any right to tell people they can or can't do drugs unless they kill someone while under the influence. And even if she does, no problem, California is over populated anyways. ;)

EsorAnin

She shouldn't have to suffer through ridiculous pain from oral surgery because she's on probation, this is not special treatment...this is understandable. I got my wisdom teeth out earlier this year and was prescribed Vicodin and the pain was still unbelievable. The timing, however, is remarkably convenient.

campy

Damn yo! That's a drug A-D-D-I-C-T!!! Having your teeth pulled just to get some pain medication? Seriously sad and sick and desperate!

christy

WHERE THERE'S A WILL THERES A WAY!! SORRY TO SAY BUT SHE WILL DIE BEFORE HER TIME. SHE ALREADY LOOKS LIKE SHE'S WELL OVER FORTY.

beachkid

Oh well...better than nothing.

electriczipper

poor lindsey

TM8

I was given some STRONG pain meds that 'could have' lasted a month, after having two of my wisdom's pulled. God timing LL. Geez.

toaddy

What many of you people do not realize is that addicts will do anything to score. When they are put under pressure (ie. legal) they will go to even greater lengths which would seem unbelievable to the non-addicted population. I am a pharmacist. I know who the addicts are and many of us do our best to deter and help addicts. However, I have seen people throw themselves downstairs, cut their fingers almost to the point of amputation and get in line for a beating just to get their drug. Having dental work done on purpose is minor/starter stuff...but they all do it. Many dentists are aware of these people and as many of them (not the rich celebrities) have bad teeth to begin with it is not always easy to see who is really having pain. If you think it can't be true. Think again. They will do ANYTHING!!!!!!

chicken227

addicts who are forced to clean up will do anything to find a way to get high...again, a blatant slap at the judge...she could have waited to get those wisdom's until after she satisfied the court...next it will be her back... like I said before... she'll be in a box before the year is done...

pammie8

Typical behavior of an addict! Wonder if the judge approved this or the probation officer or just her skeevy lawyer. That lawyer is not doing Lindsay any favors! This will be brought up in court in July if it isnt brought up before then. Is that judge still on vacation?