MJ Fans -- Cemetery Ban Won't Stop Us

6/5/2010 4:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0406_mj_ex_tmz_01.jpgTMZ has learned tons of Michael Jackson fans are descending upon MJ's tomb on the 1-year anniversary of his death -- even though they've been banned from the mausoleum.

As we previously reported, Forest Lawn Cemetery -- where Jackson is entombed -- claims they've adopted a new policy in which security is instructed to remove anyone hanging out in front of the King of Pop's mausoleum.

But a rep for Justice4MJ -- the fan group organizing the mass pilgrimage -- tells TMZ they are "absolutely" still going to visit the singer's burial place on the big day .. June 25th.

A rep for Forest Lawn tells us they have not yet figured out how they plan to handle the MJ anniversary ... but they will work with the Jackson family and abide by their wishes.

As for the MJ fans, one member of the group tells us, "Nothing will stop us from being with MJ on the 25th!"

chrissy

the man was NOT murdered. The idiots from Justice4MJ are a bunch of morons. MJ CHOSE to take those drugs, he ASKED for them. He had the freaking gun in his hands and his doctor gave him the damn bullets is what it boils down to. Yes the doctor did give them to him BUT if he had refused MJ he just would have went to another doctor. I am not saying the doctor should not get away with giving him all this drugs and contributing to his death BUT MJ is also to blame as his his family who just want to point the finger instead of taking responsibility. They all new about what was going on yet did not step in to help or stop it and now that he is dead the want to point the finger and not blame themselves.

I truly hope Mjs kids grow up to be normal, something the Jackson family seems to be uncapable of being but being as they are being raised by Katherine I doubt they will grow up to be normal and it is sad. Hopefully Kathreine has seen all the mistakes she made with her children and is raising MJs kids in a different way. The only normal person in the family is Janet. They got two sons with kids by the same women which is DISGUSTING , the kids are both brothers and cousins.

Cathy

I think it is very strange that nobody seems to mind when Dr. Murray shows up though. Just saying.
Posted at 6:36 AM on Jun 5, 2010 by Tstorm
***********************************************************
Who says nobody minds? I think it extremely disrespectful for Murray to show up there - like a slap in the face to the Jackson family and to all of those who loved Michael. I presume he is doing it to generate positive publicity for himself prior to the trial, but I think it's going to backfire. If he really felt remorse, he would not go to the gravesite, but he'd stand up and admit he made a horrible mistake - and take his punishment.

I don't think Murray should be allowed there, but how can they ban him from outside the mausoluem? It's a public place. So as the fans say, "you can't stop us!" Of course, there's a difference between doing something that's unlawful and then doing something that is lawful, but is in poor taste. It all just strips away the dignity that these dead should be afforded. If I were a family member of someone else (besides Michael) who was buried inside, I would be distraught by all of it. There comes a time when enough is enough.

Siggisis

Cathy

Siggisis - just my personal opinion, but there's no way I'll ever believed that Michael readily agreed to 50 shows. NO WAY. 10 maybe, but not 50. I think he dreaded the whole damn thing, frankly. Even if he'd lived past June 25th, I think he would have collapsed in the middle of the run and never finished it.

Michael was always thin, but he looked ridiculously thin in the last days. If you notice in "This is It" he is wearing several layers of clothing in most shots. Makes him look a little heftier than he was in actuality. I think it was caused by anxiety over these concerts, that deep in his heart he did not want to do. This anxiety compounded the insomnia that he'd long suffered from anyway, and it was all just a snowball effect. One of the fans who talked to him in his van during the last days said she put her hand on his thigh for a moment when she was going to climb down out of the vehicle. She said it felt like skin and bone.

Tstorm

Cathy,
I was just saying that I heard NO complaints from anyone that Murray was there. Like I said the fans go once a month for an hour what exactly is the harm in that?? The funny thing is that NOT ONCE has any of these fans ran into any other family members from the others that are entombed there so they must not be disrupting their visits. Why is it you seem to have such a problem with these fans visiting outside the door of Michaels tomb? How many other celebrities are buried there? Do you know if fans go pay their respects to any of them? Is that a problem for you? Probably not because seeing it is not Michael Jackson nobody reports this.
Has you say in every post you make that you have the right to your opinion I also have the right to mine and IMO I do not think that an hour once a month is causing any harm to Michael or anyone else that is entombed/buried there.

Siggisis

Posted at 6:57 AM on Jun 5, 2010 by Cathy

You most probably are right, Cathy, but why wasn´t this stopped?? LOOK at him!!!
On the photos I posted, Michael looks as thin as my sister when she was close to dying of cancer (I miss my wonderful sister eternally).
How could this Murray character pump this frail, thin body full of heavy, heavy drugs???
What a "doctor"! I have so much contempt for this man, I have no words for it!

MiMi

I think it is a wonderful thing to know that MJ touched so many with his music and good deeds. If he were my father, son or brother it would warm my heart to know that he is still admired and loved by so many people from all over the world and that one way they choose to honor his life is by visiting his final resting place. People to this day visit others graves such as Bob Marley, Elvis, Jim Morrison and even Edgar Allen Poe's.

What I do have a problem with is the people who exploit him by selling photos of the crypt to TMZ.

Cathy

Tstorm - I've seen plenty of complaints on this board when Murray publicly visited the tomb. Everyone has a right to their opinion. Opinion away! :) I have a problem with large groups of people loitering, leaving stuffed animals, notes, etc. Only Michael attracts this because of the level of his fame and the recent timing of his death. It cheapens the dignity of the place. IMO of course.

MiMi

Whoa there Cathy. Leaving mementos at the tomb cheapens the place? People do the same on their family members graves, just not to the extent that is done for Michael.

I think it is lovely.

Cathy

MiMi -- read this article about Jim Morrison's grave, what has happened there, and how the families of others buried there feel about it. This is what I'm talking about -- and the kind of thing that can build up over the years if left unchecked.

No, I do not think that leaving some flowers as a memento at a grave cheapens it. But yes, when that gets expanded into an overload of other trinkets like stufffed animals, glass figurines, etc., then yes, it goes overboard and takes something away. Again, JMO. :)

BTW, the lone hooded figure who has visited Edgar Allan Poe's grave for the past 50 years to leave 3 red roses and a bottle of congac did not show up this year. Many theories about why or what may have happened to him/her.

Siggisis

57. Siggisis - good question about why it wasn't stopped. Then again, Michael was a grown man who made his own decisions. What Murray did was immoral, but I can't say the man forced the propofol on Michael. I guess anyone who has ever tried to stop an adult from harming themselves can say that it is often easier said than done.

Posted at 7:15 AM on Jun 5, 2010 by Cathy

"What Murray did was immoral"

What Murray did was criminal in my opinion. And I ask, what exactly did AEG THINK they were paying this quack a great salary for doing?

Tstorm

Posted at 7:15 AM on Jun 5, 2010 by Cathy

So leaving notes and flowers cheapens the dignity of Forrest Lawn?? Do you realize that in cemetery's everyday people leave flowers and other things to their family and friends? So this is wrong too? You have NEVER left flowers at someones grave before??
FYI the last visit to Forrest Lawn there was about 15 people Debbie Rowe showed up they all said a prayer and left. This is a large crowd loitering?? After they leave an employee from Forrest Lawn takes the stuff in and lays it on Michaels Crypt...How exactly is that disturbing other crypts? I have seen the pictures from their visits and the very first visit they did there was 8 fans..Yeah HUGE CROWD......

Tstorm

I think it is lovely.

Posted at 7:20 AM on Jun 5, 2010 by MiMi

Mimi i totally agree with you, I think it is a nice gesture. Cathy acts has if there is 1000 fans playing MJ'S music, dancing, and having a party..it is a small group they say a prayer leave some things and leave. I am sure there are things left at other celebrity's graves/crypts there but we do NOT hear about it cause of course it is NOT Michael Jackson..I wonder if those family members think it "cheapens" the dignity of Forrest Lawn????

Illinois person

The Jackson family should allow his fans to visit his grave. After all, Jackson himself would have wanted it as he loved his fans and vice versa. It could be done the same way Diana's family allows it once a year by purchasing tickets in advance. In any event, they (the family) had a whole year to plan for this knowing his fans would want to flock to his grave. They could do this (if not annually) then 1 year again in 5 years and again in 10 years. Meanwhile, get those hangers-on cousins out of grandma's house so she can live in peace with Michael's kids and their trust funds. Papa Joe and brother Jermaine are the worst hangers-on among all them.

Siggisis

I have always wondered about this. I think it is a bit odd. Why do people leave behind teddy bears at grave sites, murder sites, traffic death sites etc.?? I can understand flowers and notes, but teddy bears?! Why?
Is it just me?