MJ Fans -- Cemetery Ban Won't Stop Us

6/5/2010 4:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0406_mj_ex_tmz_01.jpgTMZ has learned tons of Michael Jackson fans are descending upon MJ's tomb on the 1-year anniversary of his death -- even though they've been banned from the mausoleum.

As we previously reported, Forest Lawn Cemetery -- where Jackson is entombed -- claims they've adopted a new policy in which security is instructed to remove anyone hanging out in front of the King of Pop's mausoleum.

But a rep for Justice4MJ -- the fan group organizing the mass pilgrimage -- tells TMZ they are "absolutely" still going to visit the singer's burial place on the big day .. June 25th.

A rep for Forest Lawn tells us they have not yet figured out how they plan to handle the MJ anniversary ... but they will work with the Jackson family and abide by their wishes.

As for the MJ fans, one member of the group tells us, "Nothing will stop us from being with MJ on the 25th!"

Chic

This is wonderful, I think the fans should be able to go and pay
their respects and leave quietly. Wish I was close by so I could.
By the way I read the Jackson Family Foundation will be presenting
"Forever Michael," a red carpet celebration event featuring performances honoring the late singer.

VoicePlate Productions is the company producing the June 26 event at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills.

The party will be open to the public- $500 for VIP tickets and $250
for general admission can be purchased on VoicePlate.com

people.com

Love You Forever Michael
R.I.P.

Tstorm

Posted at 7:44 AM on Jun 5, 2010 by Siggisis

No it is not just you i always found it a bit odd but if that is what people want to leave so be it...If it is a childs grave then I could understand. But has for Michaels grave on the last pictures that were posted from their visit it was mostly flowers, cards and notes..I think there was also a Mickey Mouse I was assuming that was because Michael Loved Disney...

Sunshine

No surprise here.
Most of the fans are ignorant and disrespectful.

Siggisis

Posted at 8:10 AM on Jun 5, 2010 by Tstorm

Yes, I also understand it if it´s a child´s grave.

And if you imagine that all the teddy bears are gifts from children. That little kids give their dearest toy, then it is totally sweet.
But I don´t think they are all from children.

Linda

TMZ IS BEHIND ON THEIR NEWS...RANDY JACKSON MEET WITH FOREST LAWN THURSDAY AND THEY PLAN TO OPEN UP THE MAUSOLEUM ON JUNE 25 AND I THINK FOREVER. THEY WANT THE FANS TO BE ABLE TO VISIT. IM NOT 100 PERCENT ON FOREVER BUT FOR SURE JUNE 25...I CANT IMAGINE WHAT THE LINE WILL BE LIKE. THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE.. I THINK IT WILL ONLY HAPPEN ONCE BECAUSE THEY WILL SEE TO MANY PEOPLE WILL COME.AND SECURITY , BATHROOMS ETC. WILL BE A ISSUE.

Angela

This is actually creepy and sad. Have these fans nothing better to do than to hang out at MJ's burial site? He's not going to get up and start moonwalking. It's just a vessel that rests in that tomb. The most important part of him, the part the world fell in love with, is gone home.

MiMi

Michael love toys and anything Disney. Fans have always sent MJ various gifts over the years. Heck even one of the t-shirts he wore in This Is It was from a fan.

He loved receiving presents and I am sure he would still touched by it now.

mrm

No disrespect to the Jackson family but they should have buried Michael at Neverland and this problem would not have happen. They still could have put him in a mausoleum. They could have build one for him. This way the fans could have visit him at any time but still have security. My opinion I feel Michael would have felt more at home there. Just a thought and something to think about.

Lynds28

Only the family and close friends should be entitled to visit the burial place, not crazed fans. They should show some respect and stay away its going to be tough enough for the family as it is without them gatecrashing.

MiMi

@Lynds28

pfffttt. Nobody is gate crashing as it has already been posted that the fans are ALLOWED to visit.

And just what do you mean by "crazed fans". No one is breaking thru Holly Terrace doors to get to MJ or has done any damage to the property. All of the groups that I am aware of that visit MJ have been very respectful during their visits.

Alana

I dont understand why its an issue that MJs fans want to come and see him...whats the big deal.? If MJ is really dead (which he isnt) he would like his fans to come and visit him.
Are they afraid someone will find out MJ is really not there?

banning fans is fishy alone...i know there are alot of fans out there that would be going and paying their respect, but come on banning them? are you serous?

SEER

ALL I CAN SAY TO ALL THESE WHACKO JACKO WORSHIPPERS IS...GET A FRICKIN' LIFE!

MiMi

Elvis fans leave Teddy Bears and flowers along with other items at Elvis's grave.