Bruce Beresford-Redman: Please Help Me

6/2/2010 8:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a mass email sent by Bruce Beresford-Redman to friends, asking them to write a letter that could help keep him out of jail.

0602_bruce_doc_launch_TMZ

In the email, Bruce writes, "...my wife Monica was killed on our recent trip to Mexico, and now unfortunately, the Mexican authorities have decided to charge me with the crime."

Bruce goes on:  "I am innocent and intend to fight in court both here and in Mexico."

Then Bruce makes his pitch:  "As I am likely to be detained in the U.S. while fighting extradition, I am asking you if you are willing to write a letter on my behalf.  Your letters will likely help me secure bail so that I can be home with my children while fighting extradition."

The email then asks friends to send an email to Bruce's lawyer, Richard Hirsch.

And Bruce asks that the following info be included in the emails -- "Who you are.  What you do.  How you know me.  For how long we've known each other ... That I am a responsible person who will appear when requested (not jump bail basically). Anything positive about my character."

TMZ has confirmed the authenticity of Bruce's email.

FruitSalad

Innocent people dont fight extradition or the proceedings.

Also , it is extremely rare to get bail when held for extradition and I dont think any court will grant him bail.

Abe

This absolutely, positively proves this bastard's guilt. Mexico...lock this guy up and forget where you put the key. Put him in a cell with the biggest, gayest prisoner you have. Thank you in advance for making Los Angeles a better place to live by taking this murderer off the streets.

cadreamer

ArizonaPatriot, try reaching WAY in and using that raisin-sized thing in your head that serves as a brain. If you saw a video of this guy strangling his wife, would you still have a conspiracy theory? And I am liberal because I believe a man with TONS of motive and really suspicious pre/post murder behavior killed his wife? No, I'm just not so blindly racist that my brain is incapacitated.

Don't bring your inane political agenda into a murder discussion. Wow...there was a whole big set up, where someone who's mad about a law in ARIZONA kills a man's wife in Mexico? And Bruce, who takes the insurance policy out on his wife, lies about her not being in the room (despite many guests complaining of their loud arguing), and flees Mexico is a saint? His skin color/nationality makes his innocent?

Again, you are a whack job. Your conspiracy theory is nuts. Your racism has shrunken your brain. Good luck.

john smith

Bruce's friends should stop insulting Mexico and Mexicans, they are a bunch of racists. Mexicans are going to be feeding Bruce for the next twenty years, and making sure he does'nt get gang raped or murdered while he's there, I would'nt piss them off anymore than you already have, his beans will be moldy and a week old and he will be cleaning the showers in the jail one day with the biggest guy in the jail, the guards will be on TMZ responding to all these racial slurs and he will meet the same fate as Jeffrey Dahmler....

DA

he snuck into the U.S. illegally w/o a passport.

ces

what a *****. hes scuured of jail!

stacy

He seems like a reliable and responsible man...who else who skip out on Mexico when he was told to stay there to work on a reality show he created and to take care of his children who were the recipients of 2 insurance policies he had just took out on his wife?? Sounds like a hell of a guy!!

me

This is what sociopaths do, they involve everyone.

gutsygirl

And just like OJ not one shred of concern about who DID kill his wife, if he's so innocent. Book em, Danno.

APRIL

#5 and #12 = ArizonanPatriot, You must be nut's or YOU ARE BRUCE himself. You have very little points. Yes, Mexico has some bad crime, the resort and area are known for many inceddents like this. But there is a lot of motive in this murder and many things going on weeks before the trip. He is most likely guity.

As to this post. FOR REAL we should all write the opposite letter to the Bond's company who may be brave enough post bail, when we know who that may be. He needs these letter's because he seems to be a RUNNER. He left Mexico and now they want him back, they hadn't charged him then but took his passport. He won't get to far. He only stayed as long as he did to be able to get things cooled down and figure a way to get back in to the U.S. He is not going willingly and I wouldn't either as I don't trust many governments. But still I am guessing HE WILL RUN but not to Mexico where most run too.

Justice

If we let him get away with it then he'll kill again just like the Dutch/Aruba guy just did in Peru. He laughed and thumbed his nose at everyone, he had lots of people defending him but in reality its pretty much plain as day that he did in fact kill Natalie and get away with it.

People shouldn't stick up for or pity Bruce. Bruce has lots of money and should be able to do quiet well in a Mexican prison in Cancun Cancun is very nice and he can probably even get a cell with a window view. A million dollars stretched out over many years goes a long way in a Mexican prison. No pity for Bruce.
To those who defend Bruce?
1.) Her nude body was found about 200 feet from his room stuffed in the sewage treatment tank for the hotel. A good quick hiding place.
2.) The neighbors and hotel staff heard violent arguments during their stay.
3.) He had scratches on his face and neck.
4.) A guard for the hotel saw him attempt to hit her during an argument on Monday, the day she was killed.
5.) When told to stay, he fled Mexico and snuck back into the U.S.
7.) Him and his father took out two insurance policies on his wife.
8.) He was caught cheating on his wife and his whole lying world was about to crumble or was crumbling. She emptied out their bank accounts for one.
9.) His time lines to the Mexican police donn't add up or were inconsistent.
and the top reason -- > 10.) HE HAS HIRED A PHOTOGRAPHER AND POSED FOR STAGED PHOTOGRAPHS TO TRY AND INFLUENCE HIS PUBLIC IMAGE. NO WAY AN INNOCENT GRIEVING PERSON WOULD DO THAT. HE THINKS THAT HE IS SMOOTH JUST LIKE OJ AND THE ARUBAN KILLER.

CGee

Emm Arizonapatriot....why would he kill her? Loving father that he is right! gee it could'nt be because he wanted to get rid of her so he can be with the skank he was cheating on her with,divorce would have cost too much and losing his kids also,so he paid someone to 'off' her and scream his innocence, good luck with that Bruuuuuce, maybe the skank did it.

Joy

Well if he is innocent he should have been looking for his wife's killer and not trying to cover his butt for the past two months. These letters will have no value now that TMZ has posted he has requested them. Gee his 'friends' must be selling him out to the paps

S

Oh and to the people defending Mexico and their legal system, how long have you lived there?

The people who told me about how terrible and corrupt Mexico's legal system is were my fiance's parents who were born there and lived there for over 25 years.

Hell, when I went there a couple of years ago there was a giant billboard outside of Guadalahara which said (in Spanish obviously) "Least corrupt state in all of Mexico!"

And lastly, he is fighting this because he has MONEY, and that doesn't automatically mean he is guilty.

Abe

Don't worry, Bruce. Mexican prisons allow conjugal visits. Once a month, they put a burro in your cell. Good luck to you, hornyboy.