Bruce Beresford-Redman: Please Help Me

6/2/2010 8:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained a mass email sent by Bruce Beresford-Redman to friends, asking them to write a letter that could help keep him out of jail.

0602_bruce_doc_launch_TMZ

In the email, Bruce writes, "...my wife Monica was killed on our recent trip to Mexico, and now unfortunately, the Mexican authorities have decided to charge me with the crime."

Bruce goes on:  "I am innocent and intend to fight in court both here and in Mexico."

Then Bruce makes his pitch:  "As I am likely to be detained in the U.S. while fighting extradition, I am asking you if you are willing to write a letter on my behalf.  Your letters will likely help me secure bail so that I can be home with my children while fighting extradition."

The email then asks friends to send an email to Bruce's lawyer, Richard Hirsch.

And Bruce asks that the following info be included in the emails -- "Who you are.  What you do.  How you know me.  For how long we've known each other ... That I am a responsible person who will appear when requested (not jump bail basically). Anything positive about my character."

TMZ has confirmed the authenticity of Bruce's email.

electriczipper

81. HI IS a guilty PIG and I will write Him a Letter He will Never ever forget..HE Cold blooded murdered his wife..THAT is why He took her to Mexico..So He could get away with it..His PIG father is also guilty

Posted at 6:03 AM on Jun 3, 2010 by Honey

hey Honey..looks like that vander sloot guy is looking for a new girlfreind..how about you?

ManiacalZebra

G.R.

HAHAH. What a nutjob this guy is. How stupid is he that he doesn't realize he fled from Mexico without permission. No one is going to believe he is innocent when he can't follow a simple 'Do Not Leave The Country' order. That alone says he is capable of doing anything crazy.

Mel

The more I read about this arrogant jerk (and his dad), the more sorry I feel for her family and their kids. I think he's guilty as sin. I hope they drag his butt back to Mexico asap and I hope he's found guilty and gets to live in a Mexican jail for 20 years.

I realize there's lots of crime in Mexico but what are the odds of all the information lining up against him? Cheating, life insurance, arguing overheard, him with scratches?? WAY too many "coincidences".

I'm not buying it and no one else I know is.

electriczipper

82. Very true, electriczipper. Millions of people don't flee a country without proper do***entation that is a wonderful place to live and fight to stay in a country they entered illegally. It's funny that people accuse Americans of knowing everything about everything seem to know "everything" about Americans. I guess they have "American" blood in them if they are doing what they accuse Americans of doing.

Posted at 6:11 AM on Jun 3, 2010 by ManiacalZebra

WOW... someone actually agreed with me..I'm not sure what a Maniacal Zebra is but hey I like it...

angeleyes

This email sounds bogus to me - Who would mass mail such a stupid request? If a person was sincere they would call their friends to help out in such a way - they would make such a request personal not random like this was -
I'm not convinced he's innocent at all - there are too many inconsistencies in his behaviour which makes me feel he did murder Monica in a rage of passion -
There is crime in every country just read your local newspapers - murders happen every day so don't blame Mexico - its unlikely anyone except Bruce has a motive for this crime and unlikely anyone else did it -

hmmm

Good Lord....there are some evil people out there that need to be locked up.

durrr...

well it looks like he did himself at least one big favor....he had to get rid of that one person who knew way too much about what type of operations he was involved in with all his death camp 'SURVIVOR' friends... cuz those folks are seriously, no effin joke.

durrr...

this is this dudes friggen job. he's probably a contract killer, and has many a carvings in his wood for the cause of 'redemption and higher humanity'... this 'lady' meant nothing to him, but an offspring breeder, which is why he is so callous about her murder (lots of practice). probably even nicole brown simpson was his work. he was probably in LA around that time. lol. conspiracies.

dd

Well they always blame another race, it used to be the Big Black Guy who did it, now it's the Big Bad Mexican from a crime ridden country. He might have had a chance if he had taken her on a cruise.

Isabel

I do not believe in you.I'm right that you're the killer, you killed your wife to stay with family, money and enjoy your mistress.
Bruce is cold and cruel. If he had love for his children, he wouldn't kill their mother. That innocent children don't deserve a father murderer.

sean

If this were the average citizen he would have been arrested the following day and held for immigration charges at the very least. Until they figured it out. I have nothing against Mexico's judicial system that isn’t already blatantly obvious (thier crooks) however, can their justice system move any slower or be any fricken lamer? I hope he doesn’t kill himself and the kids!

Mika

The two deaths Bruce’s lawyer has cited at Moon Palace appear not to have been foul play related. In the first, the woman Julia Howard 77, was thought to have suffered dementia and got lost and was found with all of her personal belongings (her wedding ring, a watch and the room key) intact and died of natural causes
The other case, the man was severely intoxicated and while the family believes he was severely beaten, it's also been presented that he suffered a tremendous head injury in a fall (very common).
Hirsch’s last point is an alleged attempted rape. Not an actual rape. The only thing you find when you google ‘rape at Moon Place Cancun’ is this one claim made by Hirsch
Yes, Mexico has fewer laws and safety regulations, like lifeguards at every pool and shorter hotel balcony heights differ from other richer countries. And yes, sometimes accidents happen...sadly often too much booze and lack of responsibility is also involved.
Hirsch trying to tie these crimes with Monica’s death is a stretch..given that she wasn’t raped or mugged. What motive does a stranger has to simply kill an unknown woman and conceal her body?

Alex Wintergerst

Bruce's lawyer said that the DNA on Bruce's scratches on his neck, shoulders, and arms belong to his wife. He added, couples always have DNA of each other on/in them, so what. Great lawyer.

Mika

The DNA is conclusive. If someone else did this then that person's DNA would be on her as well. They found no other DNA on her. Hence no other suspect. If his lawyer went ahead and said the DNA on the sratches were her's then he just handed this case over to the prosecutor in a silver platter. Luckily his lawyer is not that stupid and made no such statement. His lawyer is desperate.