Armenian Church

Sues Getty

Over 'Magical' Bible

6/2/2010 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Western branch of "the oldest organized Christian Church in the world" is suing the J. Paul Getty Museum in L.A., demanding the return of 7 pages from a "magical" 750-year-old bible that was allegedly stolen during the Armenian Genocide of 1915-1918.

0602-zeytun-getty-getty-BN-credit

doc_launch_small_200In documents filed yesterday in L.A. County Superior Court, the Western Prelacy of the Armenian Apostolic Church of America claims The Getty "acted in complete disregard" for the Church's rights in 1994 when it bought "stolen" pages of the Zeyt'un Gospels Bible.

The Church claims the Zeyt'un Bible was created for Constantine I by "the master illuminator T'oros Roslin" in 1256, and is one of Armenia's most valued national treasures.  The Church believes the book "wielded supernatural powers."

When the Turks invaded Armenia in 1915, the suit claims, descendants of a royal Armenian family fled with the Bible, with whom it was thought to be safe.  Yet, when the Bible was returned to Armenia following WWII, 7 key pages were missing ... pages that turned up at The Getty.

The Church claims it learned the Getty Museum had the pages in 2007, but the Getty has refused to return it.  Now, the Church is asking the court to order the pages returned, and for damages of $35 million.

AnnaO

ahahhahahahhahahahhahaahh to Kardashi-Don't....to come and keep commenting on this subject goes to show how burnt you are by Armenians....its such a small population some ppl reading this probably never even met an Armenian..so dont throw up ur opinions based on a bad experince with one armenian... you talk about negativity..look at the crap ur posting you hatting ps of ****t...i wonder how badly you wer ass F***ed by an Armenian for you to just keep coming back and commenting in here...and just in case you didn't notice the negativity is aimed at the douche bagging ignorant ****ts like you who deny the mass murder of the Armenian race..i will bet money your a turk...LOL is right but I'm laughing at u, piggy, not with u. AND THE STUPID **** ABOUT HAIR AND SMELL UR JUST AN IDIOT MIMICING OTHER PPLS OPIONION....GET UR OWN BRAIN AND STOP USING OTHER PPLS OPIONION AS UR OWN...I MEAN FOR SOMEONE TO HATE ARMENIANS SO MUCH WHY WOULD U GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO KNOW HOW THEY SMELL OR HOW HAIRY THEY ARE...EWW...LOOSER

AnnaO

Kardashi-Don't

LOL!!!!! Quality entertainment!
It's so obvious that Armenians are soooo jealous of Turks (not surprised- everyone always tells me I should visit Turkey b/c it's soo beautiful, the cuisine is top-notch and the people are gorgeous). I'm not even Turkish (even though you think I am) and all you guys bitch about is the Turks! LOL! I LOVE the Turks now! Good for them! :) They should have finished all of you off so we don't have to see your ugly faces on the streets in Glendale. :)
PS - it's Loser, not Looser. I suggest some remedial english courses for you, Armo...

AnnaO

My assumptions wer right douch bag turk in here LMAO....and im really going to give you the courtasy of a spell check lmao..Kiss my armo asss...and like i said you musta been really badly asss raped by an armo kunem kko moret bozi taxa since u know armenian. I dare you to say something...i can even type it out for you and save you the trouble cuz you are way toooooo predictable in what ur gonna say...LOOSER LOOSER LOOSER. and im done i will no longer dignify your throw ups with a reply. Ive said all i have to..you show ur class or lack ther of with ur throw ups...now go sit on a bottle and relax LOOSER.

AnnaO

Kardashi-Don't

Illiterate Armo - thank you for your non-sequitor response! I rest my case. :)

Zungi

Retard... Everything you see about Turkey and Turkish culture was influenced by their Ottoman subject minorities as much as by the Turks. Arabs, Armenians, Assyrians, Greeks and Kurds, along with Turks made Turkey what it is today. Your probably a young, ignorant, depressed, evil evil person.

Zungi

Enough said?

AnnaO

Your rap musta been painful. I feel sorry for you. Like i said predictable. Its funny you go on any blog and when ppl dont have ****t to talk about they start talking about the lack of education others had cause of their writing LOL...and i rested my case when u stopped talking ****t bout what u initially wer talking ****t about and started talking ****t about my writing, which said alot.....I wonder how macho, or "educated" u are without ur key board and sitting behind a screen...im guessing ur a one nut freak or no nuts for that matter. I guess now u will sleep better huh that u got to tell an armenian how to spell LOL. Its ok i get it you cant really go up to an armenian and tell him what ur thinking so u come in a blog and go at it with a female LOL...I had to see what u wrote for that last one quality entertainment? NOT. Ima go ahead and leave u alone with ur thoughts now..bark to urself doggy it was a pleasure debating with u...of course winning since u no longer have nething else to say about what u wer saying and directed it to something else that u thought u can win over. MY SPELLING LMAO...good one.

P.S. ABBREVIATIONS (((WHICH MOST OF MY WRITING IS) ARE NOT MISSPELLED WORDS...GO LOOK FOR SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO TALK ****T ON looser>>>>lolll

AnnaO

lma RAPE

Kardashi-Don't

Tell me about the azeri genocide at the hands of armenian slaughterers... :)

Kardashi-Don't

Also, I really enjoyed this video:

Kardashi-Don't

Kardashi-Don't

Actually this one is WAY better!

Miner

So US is right cuz he`s not accepting it as a genocide, but all the other countries in the world, that recognize whatever happened in 1915 as genocide BASED ON FACTS, THEY`RE WRONG?.

By the way if you really want to know about Turks, watch the movie "MIDNIGHT EXPRESS". dirtiest mother ****ing race.

I wonder why Europe is not accepting them.