'Jersey Shore' Hopeful -- A Real Jersey Queen

6/2/2010 4:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A New Jersey beauty queen wants to get with Snooki and The Situation -- not the way you're thinking -- as a new roommate for Season 3 of "Jersey Shore."

TMZ has learned Margaret Skourlis -- the current Ms. NJ United States (yes, that's a real pageant) -- auditioned for the show last week.

Margaret -- who's not Italian, but Greek-American -- tells TMZ she thinks she'd get along with Snooki, and claims she can handle the "JS" crew after surviving beauty pageants ... "We're not as evil to each other but we're just as snippy in other ways."

Margaret's best credential: She told us pageants and "Jersey Shore" both "excenturate things." Your guess is as good as ours.

We're told no final decisions have been made on casting yet.

Queen of the smash and grab

Well, she is as ugly as the rest of them so they should let her. I used to live in "Dirty Jerzy", everyone is FUGLY in that state. And loud, and foul mouthed. That show IS New Jersey. I think Snookie looks like an Italian cabbage patch doll. Yuk.

ALEXA

THIS GIRL SEEMS AWESOME FOR HER FACEBOOK! I HAVE SEEN HER SROUND AT THE CLUBS AND SHE PUTS ON A GREAT SHOW!

jesse

whoever said this chick is pretty is obviously her herself commenting or her stupid friends ..if u think this chick is pretty then u are smoking spencers stash!

Manny

You people must be assume of yourselves. Don't you all have anything else to do than bashing someone. she is a beauitful woman that wants to improve her style. I just think people commenting on this article are losers and jealious of Ms. New Jersey's success. Get real people.

Tommy

are you all insane ... first of all because your greek and shes greek dont lie .. that thing looks like a demon from lord of the rings ... she should be fighting legolas without shaving her beard ... im greek and would deny her entry into the country ... how the hell did she win a beauty pageant anyway? was it a joke pageant??

Lisette

Congratulations Margarette, the rest of you cant comment so negativly with out knowing this person personally,it is not fair,you put your self in her situation. But then again, critisism come with fame.

Margaret

Dear Everyone,

Thank you for the positive and negative comments they are greatly appreciated. I will state that whoever put up that pageant information does not know how the pageant runs in any way. Directors of each state conduct pageants. If you look up each beauty queen you will see the pageants they were in and won. If a state does not have a Director it does not mean you win the pageant title automatically in any way, you still have to apply and there is no guarantee of any winnings as each state has many applicants. For every pageant system you need to submit an application. I am not 40 years old nor do I look 40. I did not submit the picture to TMZ that was posted on this article. I also did not have any written interview with TMZ.
I thank you for the negative comments because it shows peoples passion to speak and also makes me stronger as a person. It somehow has also brought me more publicity which I hope will help my Platform Multiple Sclerosis. If people could channel their negativity for others into their own creativity for themselves they would succeed in life. Life is short and people waste too much time sending negative energy to people they do not even know instead of spending that time with their family and friends and working on bettering themselves. Sometimes in life people are jealous of the success of others for the lack of the success within themselves. They might envy someone's accomplishments that they wish they had in some way. I feel sorry for those people and my words for them are that if you follow your true passion and work everyday to fulfil that dream you will accomplish it. Nothing in my life has come easy, I have worked day and night to get where I am today. I might be on TMZ, but I am an average person like everyone else. Everyone can accomplish their dreams as long as they are focused and motivated. Everyone goes through some type of bumpy road along the way; however, with perseverance any core dream can transpire.
I truly recommend the United States Pageant system to any female who has a passion for the Pageant world. It is a great opportunity to meet new people and partake in new experiences. I want to thank Miss New York for her wonderful comment. I also want to apologize to all the beauty queens for the negative comments by the strangers on this site. In my view you are all beautiful people and you have each done a lot for your platforms and you all shine. I wish all the current contestants luck at Nationals.
Every beauty queen has a platform and mine is Multiple Sclerosis. My main passion is to help find a cure and bring awareness for Multiple Sclerosis. It is an illness that many people have that causes immobility. I recommend everyone to go to the National MS Society website to learn about the illness and to help if they can in some way.
I thank God for the opportunities he has given me and have used them in the best of my ability to help as many people as I can. For those of you, who do accomplish your goals, never forget those who brought you there, and those who are struggling and need help. I have done what I can to help as many people as I can with the opportunities I have been given. I want to thank everyone in my life for everything they have done for me I love you all.
I am a Greek-American and want to thank those who sent comments saying that they are happy a Greek-American has accomplished something. Every culture has within it its own beauty and persona. I love various cultures and learning about various cultures as the world is a compositor of all cultures combined. The Greeks that have the negative comments, disappoint me, it is important that Greeks and Greek-Americans stick together and be happy for each other. I am happy and proud of each Greek and Greek-American who has done something for others or received some sort of fame or recognition. I am proud to be Greek-American and hope to one day get married and have children to carry on my culture and its traditions. I have been and continue to be involved in many Greek Organizations. I have also done many charity events both for Greeks and Americans to help raise money for people with various illnesses in the United States.
As for beauty, my definition for beauty is that people to me that are beautiful are people whose beauty shines from within.
I thank TMZ for allowing comments to be posted so I can write this and I thank all my supporters.

Kind Regards,
Ms. New Jersey United States 2010
Margaret Skourlis

Eleni

A Greek person wouldn't do very well on that show. They only stick to their own kind.

seriously!?!

The United States pageant would be much more credible without the Ms. division. It's kind of sad. Women who should've given it up but for whatever reason, can't let go.

Elaina

Do you seriously go around making appearances with your tiara and banner? Aren't you the least bit embarassed? It boggles the mind. Also, why on Earth would you want to be on the Jersey Shore? You obviously do not fit in, and you would be the target of much abuse. Negative publicity is not good, sweety. Snap out of it.
And please define "excenturate".

Sarah

OMG Margaret ! I wish you the best of luck chic! You are a really great person :)

mike massengale

Margaret not only has attained her MBA, but she is now enrolled at AIO pursuing a degree in Graphic Design. She is currently in my class and is not only a terrific student but also a great person. It’s discouraging to read aimless attacks against such a wonderfully talented and beautiful person.

Mike Massengale, Artist and Instructor.

Laluna454

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK YOU ARE PRETTY? WHO ON EARTH ENCOURAGED YOU TO PARTAKE IN A BEAUTY PAGEANT? SERIOUSLY... I THINK WE ALL WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE QUALIFICATIONS ARE IN THE MS. NJ PAGEANT.

Matt

She's so ugly, she makes Snooki look like a beauty queen. How on earth did she win a beauty contest? This has to be a joke.

Buffy

What moron thinks this girl is intelligent?! Excenturate???!! Wow another dummy Palinating the English language.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments