'So You Think You Can Dance' Star: I'm No Rapist

6/2/2010 12:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

alex da silvaAlex Da Silva -- a former choreographer for "So You Think You Can Dance" -- has just pled not guilty to raping several women between 2002 and 2009.

Da Silva -- who appeared in L.A. County Superior Court this morning -- denied all eight felony charges against him ... including four counts of forcible rape, two counts of assault with intent to commit rape and two counts of sexual penetration by a foreign object.

Da Silva's alleged victims were all dancers who say they met him through his dance intstruction classes.

Da Silva has been in custody since his arrest back on August 18.

He's due back in court on June 11.

dkm909

This country is obsessed with sex. First we glamorize and sexualize teenagers and then vilifies anyone who looks twice at them. Jesus said if you think it, it is as good as doing it. Looks like the whole country better line up for their prison cot.

kribage25

I used to salsa dance with him at the Roccapulco Club in San Francisco. One night we grabbed a bite to eat after and let's just say he was sexually inappropriate with me and got angry when I said no. This was about 8 years ago.

At

Sex with a minor is considered rape which is what this probably was.

loveTMZ

I seen this guy in action on the floor. He was in town doing a show and in a Salsa club he would dance with some beginners that can barely dance. Dance her into a corner and proceed to DaSilva the chick. Many times I see the girl wanting him to back off and he would just keep going. Needless to say we never wanted him back.

Zippy T. Pinhead

I guess his friends and relatives could believe him and be on his side if someone accused him of rape, but 8 counts? I think it's an up-hill battle proving his innocence on 8 counts spread out over 7 years. I would have to say it's either a big conspiracy or dude is guilty as charged!

Phil

" sexual penetration by a foreign object. "

You mean Alex DaSilva... oh snap!!!

anonymous

it´s real easy to pre-judge someone, especially if you don´t know the person very well. please let´s not pre judge until proven guilty. i believe in my heart that alex is innocent!!!!!!!!!!!!

kribage25

So @anonymous do you know him? I'm judging him based on my PERSONAL experience with him and I'm almost certain he is guilty. He's an arrogant creep!

anonymous

look kribage, this now is his sister and i don´t care if you think that my brother is an arrogant creep, that doesn´t make him a rapist!!!!!!!!!!!! he never raped you or anyone else to that matter. how would you feel if this was your brother? i´m not saying that he´s innocent just because he´s my brother but because i know him way too well !!!!!!!!!! so kribage, go f_ _ _ yourself!!!!!!!!!!!! and also do me another favor, go to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! alex is innocent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEAN TREFAULT

I use to live with Alex for years in San Francisco-We where like brothers-He would never rape a lady-What happend is All these women would have a one night stand with Alex-Then they would get mad at him for not keeping them-The police have set alex up-Because all the Hookers are mad at him for not keeping them-I know- belive the truth-Dean-bocciandsons@aol.com