« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ron Artest Buys $18,000 in Lakers Tix for Fans

6/3/2010 7:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

With Game 1 of the NBA Finals starting in just a few hours -- TMZ has learned two Los Angeles Lakers fans will be sitting courtside at the Staples Center ... on Ron Artest's dime.

0603_ron_artest_Getty_EX
The two $9,000 tickets were given away this morning in a contest on Power 106 radio in L.A. -- but the winners had no idea that Ron paid for them out of his own pocket.

We called Ron to find out why he shelled out for the seats and he told us, "Most of my fans can't afford the ticket prices to come to any of the games, let alone the Finals.  I wanted to treat a fan to something they would normally never have access to, so they could feel like one of the stars for the night."

Ron added, "I feel like just a regular person at the end of the day, and I wanted to be able to share my first Finals experience with one of my regular fans."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Kevin

Hey Brian go f*ck yourself you a$****.

WaxOnWaxOff

I am not a basketball fan at all, but I will say this much... This guy is obviously a class act. Kudos to him!

Mr. Bate

NICE GUY!

coroner

I "was" a Pacer season ticket holder during the rough years Ron ws there. He has been my favorite player since then. It is great to see his success somewhere that can appreciate his talent and passion for basketball and fans. Obviously, Indiana can't recognize **** on toiletpaper...get out of town Pacers!

Anonymous

Thank you Ron. Very very nice Mr.Artest.

dd

Good job! I thought you were trying to sabatoge my Lakers! A-OK

Erin

What a great guy! I'm tired of hearing crap on the Lakers, what a great guy you are Artest! Going to get your first ring of many this year!

mary

ron artest - classy move!

vice

So LE BRON GIVE TO ME $15.000.oo cash much better !

Lisa

Ron that was a real class act. Thank you for recognizing that not all of your fans can afford the cost of the tickets to see you play. You will be blessed for your generosity.
Best of luck on winning the 2010 Championship.

Lasher

This guy is nuttier than squirrel poop, but what a great thing to do.

dw

$18,000 for two tickets and Buss can't afford to bring Phil back at his current salary? Gimme a break.

Judi Mills

I am an Aussie who knows nothing about NBL, but what a legend this man is. What a beautiful heart. Good luck with the finals, and I am sure karma will find you. This story totally warmed my heart!!

Carmen

I LOVE THIS GUY!!!!!!!!!!! what a great example of a sucessful HUMAN BEING ♥ ♥ ♥

vindog

Wow, what a quality gesture. I am not Ron's biggest fan, but he is making progress. Hell do something to screw it up, but I am now hopeful that he doesn't. I think we all ant to like everyone if they can stay grounded and humble to an extent.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments