Dog Whisperer Getting Divorced

6/4/2010 8:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0604_milan_EXTMZ has learned "Dog Whisperer" Cesar Millan is getting divorced.

We've learned his wife, Ilusion, filed today in L.A. County Superior Court.

The couple has been married for 16 years.  They have two kids.

Ilusion is seeking joint custody of their kids, as well as child and spousal support.

She's repped by attorney Lisa Meyers.

Both Cesar and Ilusion say they "remain caring friends and are fully committed to the co-parenting of our two boys."

Flying Blind

Really, no offense, but i've never seen or heard of this guy before ....... but that's what i thought, he has a wife?

Are you sure?

I thought he was gay?

Trish

I am the true "dog whisperer." I have 5 dogs and a happy marriage. Woof woof...rrrrrrrr.... woof woof!

Doreen

Do not be surprised if he is found to be gay or bisexual. Seems like a nice guy though.

kickaboo

Hmm, maybe he put one of those pronged collars on his wife and jerked her neck around, perhaps decided enough and ran away. Looks like that old dog should have learned some new gentle tricks.

Victoria Stillwell has him pegged.

Fido

I hear he kept her on a short leash and would lift up his back foot to give her a forceful kick when she misbehaved. :) I wish both of them well. Sorry hear the news as I enjoy the Dog Whisperer show.

kickaboo

MJFAN

so sad! especially for the kids!! btw he is hot for all u haters!!!

mddiva35

I guess with all the bitches he was coming in contact with she got jealous.

JoMac

Oprah discovered him.. She found him and gave him a job and the rest is what he does.. I always thought he was gay too.. It seem like it but I guess his ole lady got fed of his ****..He seems like the biggest flirt to me..Does he seem that way to you all.!

Jim

Who cares? This guy has been living off the backside of poor animals for years. Every move he makes is for MONEY.

Lori

I was shocked to learn that he was married... I assumed he was gay.

bsme

who gets all of his dogs?

Wallycrawler

When is this dude gonna come out'a da closet?

Love da show Cesar, but man it's obvious! Come ouy all ready.

Click & train--don't beat dogs into submission

I hope the divorce gets really nasty and then maybe the wife will tell the truth about the violence Cesar perpetuates on dogs.