Gary Coleman Death Photo -- For Sale

6/7/2010 12:07 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gary Coleman Death PhotoTMZ has learned a series of photos of Gary Coleman in the hospital are being shopped around to the media -- and in one of the photos ... Gary is already dead.

We've seen one of the photos and declined to even look at the rest. In the pic, Gary is in the hospital, his eyes are closed and he is hooked up to a ventilation machine. It is not a pleasant sight.

The person selling the photos claims to have four photos -- the one we were shown was taken about an hour before he died. The final photo was taken after he was taken off life support.

Asking price is in the low five figures.

We're guessing someone will buy it. It's just the way it is.

At

The person selling them will be sued for more than they make. There is no way they can hide it.

TxGal

This is pretty sick for someone to have taken his pictures. They should be respecting his death not making money out of it.

Gloria Unread

Maybe TMZ should buy the photos and destroy them, so that they can't be released by anyone else! I know that it would be still rewarding the sick bastard who is selling them, but they will get that money no matter what. You might as well save Gary Coleman's dignity in the process.

Hadley

Thank you for letting Gary RIP and giving him his dignity (God knows is ex-wife isn't). From what I knew about Gary, he was a private person. People don't need to see those photo's. Thanks again for letting him RIP.

I'm A Lawyer - Not Harvey

The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act as amended with the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act now has agressive criminal and civil prosecution of privacy breaches. Meaning, if it is a hospital employee who took the photographs and is attempting to sell them, he or she will be going to jail and probably paying a big fine. Serves them right.

kat

there is a special place in hell for people who would try to make money this way

lola

It's probably that piece of foul smelling **** "wife" of his. After everything I have read and everything I have seen (videos) of her I wouldn't put this past her at all. That useless bitch is beyond vile. I hope she reads these comments about her. Her parents must be super proud of the job they did raising her and the wonderful loving person she has turned out to be. In most cases the apple doesnt fall to far from the tree. She is a heartless bitch. I hope NOONE buys these photos. Thanks for saying no TMZ

Alana

SO you will buy a picture of Michael Jackson passed but not Gary?

I wonder why that is..... oh maybe because you are the people who put Michael into the ground in the first place with all your tabloid garbage.

SUCH double standards!

Paula

No doubt, someone will buy them! For tastelessness and inappropriateness, few countries can match the good ol' US of A...

CarolynAB

Thank you, TMZ, for making us aware of this macabre plot.

The hospital staff should be investigated by the D.A. for this breach of protocol. They may have to prohibit the bringing of cellular phones into sensitive areas from now on.

No matter how you look at it, this is sick and disturbing. I hope the perpetrator is arrested and charged, and not made rich.

angles

THIS IS IN BAD TASTE GARY SHOULD HAVE A PRIVATE FUNERAL AND REST IN PEACE

Melissa

this is disgusting... the person who took those photos should be damned. low life piece of s#!t!

DJ

If TMZ was really so disgusted they would have bought them & not published them. They make enough money off of celebrities to do something good once in a while.

Ziggy

Who wants to see it? Not me. It's disgusting how low some people will stoop for a buck. Poor guy was abused and used his whole life and now this. I'm losing faith in mankind. At least TMZ didn't buy them. I'm glad.

Victoria

Ok wait a minute. Who else would be shopping these but his dispicable ex wife? That bitch just makes me more and more nauseated every frickin time she surfaces. She definitely takes LOW to a new level. Poor Gary.