Gary Coleman's Mom Furious Over Hospital Pics

6/8/2010 8:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gary Coleman's mother, Edmonia Sue Coleman, is "shocked" that Shannon Price is selling photos of Gary's last moments ... telling TMZ that Shannon's actions are "extremely disrespectful."

0607_gary_mom_shannon_price_EX_TMZ_Getty
Sue tells TMZ, "I can't think of any other reason why she would do that unless it's just for the money."

As we previously reported, several photos of Gary's last moments -- taken inside the hospital where he died -- have been sold off to the tabloids ... and Shannon is set to get a cut of the profits.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Trish

Well just maybe... Just maybe... She should have been a better mom! You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family!

RobG

These people have no shame. Who the hell takes a pic of someone dying or dead? Apart from a bounty hunter.

Phreaky

Pot meet kettle? Didn't her and her husband steal all his money?

renata

Well, his parents certainly screwed up a long time ago. But by all accounts I've read, they genuinely loved him and seemed to be doing the right thing for many years. I can't imagine what they must be feeling with this chick.

Just saw her latest interview on ET and boy does she change stories a lot. There is no way she's telling the truth about the doctors' statements. I bet it kills them to not be able to reply.

mspaap

The hospital should be held liable for allowing this ex wife and her family members to take pictures of a dying man, and later of a dead man.

Gary's ex didn't have the legal right to authorize pictures to be taken of his dying or dead body!

An independent autopsy should be demanded by Gary's immediate family before his body is burned and all evidence of a possible blunt force trauma is destroyed.

Why pull the plug so fast? Too many unanswered questions.

In my opinion,these pictures were taken of this defenseless man to sway Utah police and the public into believing Gary never stood a chance at living and because his ex wife is a greedy, uncaring bitch!
TO GARY'S ADOPTIVE PARENTS. NOW IS THE TIME TO ATONE FOR THE WRONGS YOU DID TO THIS MAN. PROTECT HIS RIGHTS NOW THAT HE CANNOT!

KeepItSimple

I finally watched the videos and read articles on this Shannon Price. She is odd....and I do think that his parents should give him his proper burial rather then this trashy scandalous chic. Listen to her story and the 911 call. Just weird. Then to take pics, thats just shady. Seems like its about the money and always has been.

Manic

HAAAA hahahahahahahahahaha! What next will Kimmel sell Coleman's pants?

Cartman

Poor Gary, all these evil women in his life.
RIP little bro

suesch1950

Hopefully Gary will find the hereafter a gentler place.

Peaches

WHAT A PATHETIC C......HIS MOTHER IS...........HER AND HER HUSBAND, RIPPED OFF GARY WITH HE WAS YOUNG FOR SOMETHING LIKE 10-15MILLION....A PERSON LIKE HER AND HER HUSBAND SHOULD GET CANCER...AND SUFFER WITH IT FOR A LONG, LONG TIME....GARY HASN'T SPOKEN TO THEM IN LIKE 15 YEARS.......

renata

And in Shannon's latest interview, she states that Gary did have money. And that he didn't want any sort of ceremony. She can't keep her own stories straight and her dip**** 'agent' is just as bad.

I hope the cops are just letting her hang herself before swooping in. This is really unbelievable. Maybe taking pics isn't against the law, but I don't see how they can look past the statements she's making.

JLS

This woman is a great mom. Too bad Gary didn't choose better women partners to live with. I agree. It's remarkably disrespectful to do this to any human. Is nothing sacred? Dying is a private matter....or should be.

JLS

I like Gary's parents. Sometimes children judge parents in the wrong way and I think that's what happened here. Gary's mom has really been great and taken the high road. I would have gone after Shannon for pulling the plug to begin with not to mention the smiling photos of her and that freaky agent, Shelia. One thing is clear-Shannon is on a sick publicity tour with her agent scheduling and arranging production videos every day. Deeply troubling and I think she did kill him.

Westside

Gary Coleman was weird! Personally, I saw him acting bizarre so I know that to be a true fact. It comes as no surprise that Gary chose to marry Shannon. Birds of a feather flock together. Dis-respectful? Yes, however, I imagine that she had to put up with some truly weird crap from Gary and was no longer in love with him or his celebrity. Making thousands of dollars off his final hour comes easy when you feel like puking over being able to see the light at the end of tunnel (read as "spousal abuse")

cdlish

Shannon Price is nothing but pure unadulterated, white trailer park trash. She admits to her and Gary spending alot of time in Vegas and they "had" to stay at Caesar's Palace in a "special" room which over looked a "certain" fountain and that SHE had to shop at the "high end" places there in Las Vegas. Then she laments that she does not know what she's going to do because Gary could not get life insurance due to his renal disease. Then she says, "I'm hoping that people will step in to help, as they did with sending cards." This white trash needs to be taken out and shot, period.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments