Heidi Montag Files for Legal Separation

6/8/2010 2:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Heidi Montag just showed up at the Santa Monica Courthouse and officially filed for legal separation from Spencer Pratt.  She lists irreconcilable differences as the reason for separation.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1

Heidi did not file divorce papers.  The legal significance of legal separation is that her earnings will become her separate property from the date of separation.  Heidi lists the date of separation as today, June 8.

Interesting ... under the section, "community assets and debts," Heidi wrote, "No such assets or debts."  It's unclear if Heidi and Spencer have a prenup which keeps their assets separate, or if they're broke.

0608_doc_launch_montag_reg_1

Heidi tried filing in Malibu -- of course -- but the Malibu courts don't do divorces.

Heidi filed the legal docs in her own handwriting.  There's no evidence she has a lawyer.

Story developing...

mama

Heidi get on a plane and take your plastic a** hack to Colorado... If this was at all real Crazy lunatic Spencer would hunt you down and pull an OJ....

Stacy

If she has half a brain then this whole separation is for real. Spencer is a controlling jerk off, and if all his craziness is all just for the camera then producers of the Hills should be ashamed of themselves. From what I see and read about these two Spencer has gone off the deep end and Heidi has to kick him to the curb otherwise she is just a stupid dumb blonde!!! What woman in their right mind would be with a man who won't allow you to have friends or family anymore....a weak one!!!! Go Heidi divorce that loser please!!!!

Marisa

I am also so glad to know that they are taking up the time and energy of or government and tax payer money. Isn't CA broke? When this is proved to be a hoax I hope they get charged a fine.

wendy

fake,fake,fake....they painted themselves into a corner I would even bet they will divorce, but it's cuz the public is on to them and they need this show of hers to work. I personally liked the idea of there last lie of moving out of the U.S.

DIMO

The only time I read about these creeps is when I go to TMZ. I've got a good idea...don't do anything else on them (we don't care & they get no publicity...kills 2 birds with 1 stone, a WIN-WIN situation) I look forward to not reading about these 2 until I see their OBITUARY posted!!!!!!!!!!

lalaland

Great, so we can add the California Courts to the long list of people who's time is being wasted by these two wh0res.

exbff

She had no lawyer, but she brought along a contingent of photographers. Sounds legit.

You

PLEASE stop reporting on these idiots. It is all a PR stunt, you know it, they know it, and most of the public knows it. Just stop already! Are you scared everyone will read a different site if you don't post the Montag-Pratt BS? I think the opposite will happen, you will get more hits if you replace their stories with ANYTHING else. I would rather hear about Tom Arnold or Paris Hiltons dogs than hear about either of these fools again.

Phreaky

Of course she did! Then she can say "See! It's real!" Meanwhile, the legal separation does not end their marriage and they forget about it after the reality show.
I hope they both disappear.

beachkid

They are so weird.

Prancy

The girl will do anything for publicity. So sad.

Marilyn

Did a nest of birds take up residence in her puffed up distorted lips?

teenie

I'll believe this when I hear that they got a divorce and one or both of them got remarried. I am certain that will not happen though. It should be just as easy to overturn a divorce as it is a separation. They both are just seeking attention and I bet no one will watch any more reality shows they participate in.

BJ Rocks

WHO CARES!! They are both idiots!!

josh

Both of them should eat sh**