Heidi Montag Files for Legal Separation

6/8/2010 2:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Heidi Montag just showed up at the Santa Monica Courthouse and officially filed for legal separation from Spencer Pratt.  She lists irreconcilable differences as the reason for separation.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1

Heidi did not file divorce papers.  The legal significance of legal separation is that her earnings will become her separate property from the date of separation.  Heidi lists the date of separation as today, June 8.

Interesting ... under the section, "community assets and debts," Heidi wrote, "No such assets or debts."  It's unclear if Heidi and Spencer have a prenup which keeps their assets separate, or if they're broke.

0608_doc_launch_montag_reg_1

Heidi tried filing in Malibu -- of course -- but the Malibu courts don't do divorces.

Heidi filed the legal docs in her own handwriting.  There's no evidence she has a lawyer.

Story developing...

May B. Imamazed

Here's an old-school thought: people can only become celebrities by actually accomplishing something....make a record, a movie, write a book, invent something, a scientific breakthrough--anything but this!

Ellis

Why do these meaningless and very marginal human beings need bodyguards?

Redskye

I don't even think there marriage is recognized in State of California.The wedding was held in Mexico.Best wishes to the unahppy couple.

Sammy

Oh #33 Skunk Juice...that was LOL's!!!

gramercy808

oh bull****, that's what these people are famous for?
a story like this makes me think - what is fame anymore - there are hundreds of television shows - thousands of movies - is just being in one or two fame worthy?
Nobody even knows who these people are I definitely don't and until I see why they're famous, I'll wonder why TMZ wastes space by putting normal people on their site - I want celebrities - I want brawls - I want scandals - come on TMZ

Mat

Why isn't there a check box "I chopped up my face and now look like 50 year old after a facelift."

J Simp

About time

LTBK

#70 Mah, That was VERY funny!!!

LTBK

#70 Mah, That was VERY funny!!!

BB

Did you notice Jennifer Bunney's signature on those papers? Is she somehow a legal clerk now? Did anyone notice that under the "FILED" section? I don't know much about divorce, but unless she's a "notary public", this do***ent is bogus. She walked in and out. It's fake.

LiLa

Apparently, not enough people were buying the story of their split.

Brittany-lynn

I thought Heidi was super religious? Now I'm not, but isn't it against God's will to get a divorce? lol

LordByron13

I love how people ask this 'magazine/website' to 'not post pictures' or 'stop reporting on these idiots'...when that is what this site is all about!

David Bowen

Yeah, and it's the gays that make a mockery of marriage. I remember the sky-writers over Pasadena the day they got married. It was sooooo romantic! When was that, last summer???

Bonkers