Heidi and Spencer -- Bored With the USA

9/9/2010 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag are each separately talking about permanently moving to Costa Rica.  Do we smell a rat yet?

090710_speidi_tmz

Sources directly connected with Spencer tell TMZ ... he wants to move to Costa Rica for two reasons -- it's a lot cheaper than L.A., and he would be closer to Heidi and possibly salvage his marriage.

Of course, reason #2 assumes Heidi is also moving to Costa Rica.  So we checked with sources in direct contact with her, and they're now telling us Heidi is indeed noodling on the idea of living in the Republica de Costa Rica.

So the question -- Is this whole divorce thing a pile?  Heidi's friends are kinda hedging, saying she loves Spencer but doesn't know how to deal with all the problems.

No word on how Costa Rica feels about this.

Sand

Spencer and Heidi are only putting on a show for us. They want to make as much money as possible, then skip the USA for life on an island or someplace similar.

I believe they are very much still together and half, if not more, of what we see them doing in the media are no more than lies to make money.

Mel

NO ONE CARES!!!

Jazz

I don't blame them as I am moving to Europe. Who wants to be here honestly???

Anya

Too bad this is likely just another in a line of their stupid stories to keep their names in the news...... so hope I'm wrong though !

tica

As a Costa Rican I'm begging, please do not move there. We do not need this two clowns.

ManiacalZebra

Bye!

Now, everyone race to Costa Rica and break every camera there!

Iris Myandowski

would you PLEASE stop reporting on these 2 useless famewhores ? you're only feeding fuel into the douchebag fire that is these 2 !

FreakHater

Who cares!! If the media would stop reporting about these two a-holes, they might stop and go away!! But every little move they make, there's a report about it. they're getting what they want, MEDIA ATTENTION!!!! Stop looking their way, turn your heads and go the other way, then they will go away!!! So over these two media whores!!

Brid

Does that mean that TMZ won't be reporting their every move?? If so, yipeeeee!!!

REALbarbwire7

I don't think we've EVER seen anyone so desperate for attention. They go from one stupid thing to the next; as if they are trying everything until someone "really" pays attention. Why would we? Do what you want. Live where you want. We REALLY don't care. Costa Rica is somewhere NO one will pay attention to them, and don't know or care who they are. Of course their divorce is a farce, and Costa Rica is a favorite spot for CHEAP plastic surgery. So I think it's a great idea. (that's what Heidi means when she says it's "cheaper" to live there).

Chirio

I'll tell you how Costa Rica feels. STAY THE **** OUT of my country!

Robert

Who the hell is Spencer Fat and why should I care? You disappoint me TMZ writing about two bit wannabes.

SteveK

Please, please, please, oh dear god please, don't give these two any recognition...not even the recognition that you are not recognizing them. Just let them disappear into the ether like so many of my emails have done. Thank you and bless you for all of humanity and the primate world...also my dog would thank you if he could verbalize.

Cali MJ Fan

Oh goody! Maybe they finally got the hint that the US has been bored with them for years.

Buh-byeee!

Jexica

Smells like another reality show in the making.